IGNORED

The Little Couple

Lillybee

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Mom's family runs around 5' for women and 5'4" for men. At 5'8", I tower over everyone and my brother is 6'4".

My son is very tall, so far - around the 100% for age 9 (5 ft at age 10). My daughter has always been around the 10% for her age - she's built like my Mom's family.

Huge height differences. You only notice in pictures.

I believe the cut off is 4'10, as long as its caused by a medical condition. I'm 4'10, but I come from a short family. My grandmother is 4'11, but my other female relatives are 5'2 or so. I never think of myself as short. I have no idea why, since I'm obviously very short. I did like being in India - I could see over crowds, since I want that out of the norm.

My mum's 4'10 too, and I'm 5ft. None of the women in our family are tall - the tallest is my cousin at 5'4.

It's quite funny because I have some very tall mates and my tallest friend is 6'7 - he literally has to bend over to talk to me. Aside from that I sort of assume everyone is tall. They all look large to me so the spectrum goes from "You are tall" to "You are massively huge in height" :lol:

I wonder if they're still getting the little girl from India. Nothing in the previews about her.

Yep, they got Zoey a while back. I think I posted about it earlier in the thread. If I remember right, they got her very soon after getting Will. Jen is pushing a double stroller these days, and I'm so happy for them. :D

Yep, they got Zoey a while back. I think I posted about it earlier in the thread. If I remember right, they got her very soon after getting Will. Jen is pushing a double stroller these days, and I'm so happy for them. :D

Are you sure they have Zoey? I know the adoption is official but the latest article I could find on the Internet was dated June 2013 and it mentioned she should be coming to the states within six months. India pretty much shuts down in the summer so I'm not sure she is officially living in the US yet.

Are you sure they have Zoey? I know the adoption is official but the latest article I could find on the Internet was dated June 2013 and it mentioned she should be coming to the states within six months. India pretty much shuts down in the summer so I'm not sure she is officially living in the US yet.

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/art ... 02,00.html

Today's article in People says they're waiting on official verification from the government before they can bring Zoey home.

It's so cool to find people as short as I am. I too am 4'11'.

I'm 4'11 3/4". I hoped I would get that last quarter inch, but I never did, LOL. "I'm not short, I'm fun sized!".

Just jumping in ... I follow The Little Couple, and really enjoy their show.

My favorite part of the coming home episode was the interview with Jen's mom. Her comments about her hopes and dreams for Jen and her delight at being a grandma were very sweet.

Wishing them the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone following this? Jen and Bill are phenominal parents. Comparing how Will is being raised to the Duggars or the Browns he is one licks little boy. I hope his medical issues end up with positive results.

Watched last night. After the season premiere when we got two new episodes a week it was disappointing to be back to only one 30 minute new one. It was great to see Will interact with the nanny candidates (loved Bill and Jen's comments that they wanted a Mary Poppins who had won a Top Chef competition) and 'help' his dad make Mother's Day gifts for Jennifer.

I usually watch these families for snark purposes (Honey Boo Boo, the Browns and Duggars rarely disappoint) but the Arnold/Klein family is just flat out enjoyable to spend 30 minutes with each week.

The thing is that there is nothing to snark about this family. They are so cute and seem to want to do whatever is needed for their son. They recognize that he may have problems but unlike the Duggars will get him whatever therapies that he needs.

The thing is that there is nothing to snark about this family. They are so cute and seem to want to do whatever is needed for their son. They recognize that he may have problems but unlike the Duggars will get him whatever therapies that he needs.

I genuinely really like this family and enjoy watching them (and not in a snarky way at all--they're awesome), but the one thing that gives me pause is that they were willing to have their kids on a reality show, and I can't shake the belief that doing that is a bad idea.

My mum's 4'10 too, and I'm 5ft. None of the women in our family are tall - the tallest is my cousin at 5'4.

It's quite funny because I have some very tall mates and my tallest friend is 6'7 - he literally has to bend over to talk to me. Aside from that I sort of assume everyone is tall. They all look large to me so the spectrum goes from "You are tall" to "You are massively huge in height" :lol:

I'm 4'8". I had to quote you because I see things the same way! I remember when I met one friend, she told me I made her "feel tall", so I assumed she was short. She's actually 5'8". LOL I can really only tell with people who are "massively huge in height" as you say (I have a classmate like your friend who has to bend over to speak to me). It doesn't help that the rest of my family is tall, so I'm used to what normal people would consider "tall" as my standard for "normal height" lol. (I don't have dwarfism as in a genetic disorder, but I had a lot of radiation which stunted my growth. If I hadn't needed that I think I'd probably be about a foot taller, based on my family. I can't imagine being super tall though. LOL)

I don't know that I think of myself as that short either, it's always a little weird when I see pictures with other people and they haven't bent down to my level and there's a huge dip in height lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree... there really is nothing bad to be said about this family. They are extremely smart, talented, just GOOD people and doing what they can to help other kiddos that may experience harships like they did, and trying to make it easier on them. Love it! The Roloffs kind of made me go "meh" at times, but this family... I just smile the whole episode and never hear anything bad about them!

I genuinely really like this family and enjoy watching them (and not in a snarky way at all--they're awesome), but the one thing that gives me pause is that they were willing to have their kids on a reality show, and I can't shake the belief that doing that is a bad idea.

I don't regularly watch this show, because I am opposed to children being on reality tv. But I did watch an episode last night (the first Father's Day episode). I found myself captivated by Will, and very touched by the obvious love his parents have for him. He understands a lot more English than I would have expected. Clearly he is a bright child, and gets a lot of attention from his parents. I think he's a very lucky boy.

But I agree with Rachel -- I am very uncomfortable with any children being filmed for a reality tv show. I learned through Jon & Kate + 8 how TLC/Disney basically owns the family, and has so much control. It's very disturbing. TLC does not care about the children's well being - their only interest is in how much money they can make off their cuteness or their particular differences. I can only hope that Will's parents (seemingly quite intelligent people) had a good attorney reviewing any contract they signed with TLC, and have some control or leverage.

I also hope they only do one or two more seasons, then voluntarily fade back into obscurity, allowing their adopted children to grow up without a camera stuck in their face all the time. Will crying when they put on the CPAP mask, all the while a camera zooming in on him -- no, that's not good.

I think Bill and Jen have a tighter rein on what is shown than some of your examples (unlike Jon and Kate, no shots of Will using the potty for example). To my knowledge there have been no more shots of Will in his CPAP mask since it was introduced. The hospital episode was edited so that the footage of Will was pretty limited and I know that for the first 3 weeks Will was with Jen and Bill the TLC cameras were banned.

I loved the fact that Jen heard Will say yoga, because it means that the ear tubes are working and his lag in language may be over. He is such a bright child.

Does anyone know why they blurred out Zoey's face? When they were adopting Will, the pictures showed him often.

Does anyone know why they blurred out Zoey's face? When they were adopting Will, the pictures showed him often.

I assumed it was because the adoption was not yet finalized. Perhaps with the production schedules, the episodes with Will were aired after they already had him.

Any sort of reality TV is potentially risky, esp. for children. I'm glad that Bill and Jen have real jobs, so that they can hopefully feel that they can support the family without the TLC paycheck. That would give them more power to refuse to cooperate with questionable footage.

It's possible that Bill and Jen know that, as little people, they will always tend to attract attention in public, and that the show is a way for them to have some sort of control over that situation. On the show, they aren't objects to stare at. They are the focus: people with active lives, getting married, settling down, working, going through all the struggles involved in starting a family. If anyone watches more than one episode, they can't help seeing beyond the short stature, into the substance of their lives.

I think India also has different rules about pictures of children to be adopted. I used to follow a lot of adoption blogs, and with some countries like China the parents could post the pictures they received of the children they were adopting, but with other countries they couldn't show any pictures until the adoption was finalized.

That's right. India didn't want the child identifiable.

Archived