IGNORED

The Little Couple

Lillybee

It is so nice to see them getting close to their adoptions. I was always so in awe of her doing the egg retrievals without any anesthetic; having done it with anesthesia was rough enough (after). And i always love watching her in action at her job.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was my first time watching the show and I must say I really liked Bill and Jen. They seem to actually like one another and I love their respective senses of humor. William and Zoey are going to be very lucky to be part of their family.

I missed the show last night. I have always found Bill and Jenn to be likable and William is a lucky boy.

Just read on TWOP that they have adopted a baby from India, and her name is Zoey. Boy, they sure are going to have their hands happily full! There are two different ages given for Zoey, 8 months and 18 months, so I'm not sure how old the little one is. Hope Jen will be able to push a double stroller.

Wow, I haven't watched their show in years (haven't had regular access to a TV in that long). Good for them!

I love the way that they face their many challenges. They are also prepared for many medical challenges with their new children since they have gone through so many themselves. I don't think that there could be a better mom than Jen and not just because of her MD.

They do seem like nice people. It's going to be interesting to see how they adapt to having 2 kids.

I remember seeing her many moons ago on TLC special. I thought it was so cool that she was a doctor. \

They look like a great couple, I bet they're going to be awesome parents

The difference between the way that Jen and Bill acted in China and the damm Duggars is worlds apart. I hope that these two get to raise a wonderful family. They deserve it.

The difference between the way that Jen and Bill acted in China and the damm Duggars is worlds apart. I hope that these two get to raise a wonderful family. They deserve it.

I agree. Bill and Jenn were open to learning about Chinese culture and they were a bit hesitant about the food, but they weren't major assholes like the Duggars were.

Does anybody know when they get Zoey?

I read something online that said they are 'officially' her parents and are just waiting on word from the respective governments when they can go get her. I think she is about 19 months old so she and Will are going to be close in age.

For Indian adoptions, you cannot travel to bring your child home until their passport has been issued and their interview at the embassy has been scheduled. It's been a LONG time but we traveled about two months after the adoption was finalized.

The main hold-up is giong to be that the Indian courts are on summer holiday. Most courts in India, especially in the souther part of the country, are off for the bulk of the month of May. They won't issue the written decree nor the passport until they open back up.

Little People of America has done an AMAZING job of advocating for children with little people disorders to find adoptive homes within the little people community. Little people tend to adopt from a community responsibility, but they also tend to do an amazing job with the kids they adopt from all over the world. They certain bring something to the equation that no one else can, the understanding of what life will be like for these kids. I have tremendous respect for the community as a whole for the work they have done to advocate for these kids.

I think that my allergies were acting up because I was teary eyed through out tonight's episode. I think that baby Will has already bonded with his new parents. I think that the future is bright for all of them. I did feel sad for Jen when she said that she didn't feel that the deserved to be so happy.

That is the cutest little boy. I am so happy for them. I hope their experiences with Zoey are all positive and Will adjusts to sharing his parents when she joins the family.

I missed last night's episode, but I have it on my DVR at home. I'm house and pet sitting for relatives today. I won't be able to watch it until tonight when I head back home to pick up some stuff. I'm happy for Bill and Jenn. I remember in the previews from last week, Jenn looked sad in one shot of Will crying. I hope the transition/adjustment period has gone well. I hope Bill and Jenn are filmed when they get Zoey.

I think that my allergies were acting up because I was teary eyed through out tonight's episode. I think that baby Will has already bonded with his new parents. I think that the future is bright for all of them. I did feel sad for Jen when she said that she didn't feel that the deserved to be so happy.

Dude, I totally cried. :lol: You couldn't help but have your heart broken for Will's initial confusion and distress, and yet be so thrilled for all of them as well. So nice to see a happy ending for this family.

I have the whole season on my DVR, and I'm waiting until the season finale to watch them all at once. Who knew I had self control?

I just can not help myself from comparing Jen and Bill to some of our fundie adoptive parent blogs. I remember one who was angry that their new child didn't immediately adopt to American food and another one who was upset when their new daughter wanted to sleep with mom instead of a bed all by herself.

I have to say that Jen and Bill remind me of my own parents. When she said that she and Bill normally would not be keen on dressing up in Mongolian garb and posing for pictures but that (paraphrasing) "it's for Will and we'll do anything for Will", I almost cried. I think they will make a concentrated effort to help Will understand about his own culture even though he is now an American.

My "allergies" acted up quite a few times during that last episode. Haha! I am really happy for them and Will is ridiculously adorable!

Archived