IGNORED

Kidist and race

Freyacat

You can report her blog to Blogger for hate speech:

http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/r ... &blog_URL=

I have already reported it, but nothing happened. I wish everyone who posts here about Kidist would report it, maybe Blogger would then take notice and we could actually do something tangible to make the world a better place by destroying a biggot's mouthpiece.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her language is disgusting. White people are 'ordinary' ie normal. So black people are abnormal now. It seems SHE is the one who needs to be reported for racism.

rather than identify the problem, Obama is making ordinary (white) citizens pay for the crimes of blacks.

Right. So tell me how many black people were involved in the Newtown slaughter? Oh. White gunman. How about the Aurora massacre? Another white gunman. Virginia Tech? Columbine? Binghamton? Fort Hood?

When I first read about her on FJ I looked at her blog & honestly thought she was a white racist lady (I must have missed the photo of her). She is an awful person. She makes Gabrielle Chana seem almost normal.

Coulour me intrigued...Who is Gabrielle Chana?

Coulour me intrigued...Who is Gabrielle Chana?

She's a mentally unstable woman, who believes in an international Jesuit conspiracy that is out to get her, among other things. She also believes she was/is in relationships with famous men (including Vladimir Putin and Matthew McConnaughey), and is the true love of Brent Spiner's life. His wife is a clone that is controlled by the Jesuits. Oh, and she has a marriage-list of men, who have allegedly founded a church for her - the church of Gail. If none of this makes sense... I know how you feel.

Considering she runs a blog advocating for the repatriation of all Asians because she doesn't like them, I think her coat's on a pretty shoogly peg when it comes to complaining about racism, Sunnichick.

I would worry about accusations of racism from her about as much as I would worry about accusations of fascism from a neo-Nazi.

My theory is that, just like other right-wingers think that the United Nations has far more power than it actually does, Kidist actually believes that the Human Rights Commission - which she likely considers to be something evil - has powers far beyond its mandate.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure her blog's already been reported numerous times.

That's probably why she picked that organization to threaten Sunnichick with, she's been reported to them many times. :lol:

Kidist reminds me of my grandmother - not (G-d forbid) in her views, but in the way that you need to look into her back story to separate out the eccentric life details from the crazy.

The Ethiopian perspective on race is simply different than the North American one. In the US, being any part identifiably black = black. In some other countries, "colored" was a legitimate intermediate category (for example, "colored" people in Jamaica often had far more privilege and education - Malcolm Gladwell writes about this in Outliers). In Ethiopia, there was no white majority that saw everything else as a black "other". Instead, there were different groups who got lumped together in one country, and who periodically clashed and had power struggles. The emperor came from the Amhara - he was part of an ancient tradition which linked him back to King Solomon. Some European colonizers focused on racial differences between groups in Africa and felt that those who were "Nilotic" were whiter and therefore more superior to other African groups (Belgian race fetish planted the seeds which eventually grew into the Rwandan genocide). It sounds like Kidist's family would have reinforced this idea that she was part of a superior group, connected to this blessed ruler, and that her country fell into violence and chaos when other groups took power. She would have been quite young at the time, and this simplistic notion seems to have stuck in her head and never really been questioned or examined.

So, she idolizes white/European Canadian society, she doesn't really understand it and doesn't get why everyone around her isn't viewing things through the same racial perspective.

The irrational/crazy part is that she's really isolated, she misreads social cues, and she has developed weird racial obsessions that seem to consume her. She mentions that she had friends at university, but she doesn't seem to have kept in touch. She doesn't seem to have friends now, unless you count her obsession with Laurence Auster. Instead, she goes to the local diner by herself, makes crazy comments about gays and Asians to the wait staff, and assumes that their lack of response equals total agreement. She tries to get into the National Ballet School, and gets into arguments with the security personnel who kick her out. She stalks the blond toddler in the neighborhood, and worries that his future sex life will include an Asian woman.

My theory is that, just like other right-wingers think that the United Nations has far more power than it actually does, Kidist actually believes that the Human Rights Commission - which she likely considers to be something evil - has powers far beyond its mandate.

It's typical Kidist to fulminate about how terrible the Human Rights Commission is and then use it as a threat to defend herself against "racism" (Sunnichick's pointing out that Kidist is, herself, an immigrant from an African nation).

Of course, we saw that she did this in the Great Ballet School Caper as well---she was so racist about the Chinese ballerina and the Asian students and the "Third World immigrant" security guard, but then when a white administrator insisted she leave, she attributed it to the administrator being racist.

Damn, Kidist is a bitch!

Well, she can report you. But I expect the human rights commission just takes emails like that and passes them around laughing at the people who send them.

The thing (well, one thing amongst many) about Kidist is she thinks staring vigorously at white/Asian couples is going to achieve some kind of result.

What would this be, precisely? No, what?

If I was in a mixed race relationship it would make me think one of two things. "She's no' weel in the head. We shouldnae keep lookin', puir thing." (in my granny's voice.) Or "She's going to kick off. Might be trouble here."

Neither of these are "I shall instantly abandon my partner of a different race and make sure I only date within my own ethnicity again. How well an Ethiopian woman glaring at me fixedly has made me understand that."

I mean, what the living fuck.

That's probably why she picked that organization to threaten Sunnichick with, she's been reported to them many times. :lol:

Yep, they're probably in her email address book from all the ranting replies and justifications she's sent them in response to complaints made against her.

The thing (well, one thing amongst many) about Kidist is she thinks staring vigorously at white/Asian couples is going to achieve some kind of result.

What would this be, precisely? No, what?

If I was in a mixed race relationship it would make me think one of two things. "She's no' weel in the head. We shouldnae keep lookin', puir thing." (in my granny's voice.) Or "She's going to kick off. Might be trouble here."

Neither of these are "I shall instantly abandon my partner of a different race and make sure I only date within my own ethnicity again. How well an Ethiopian woman glaring at me fixedly has made me understand that."

I mean, what the living fuck.

Yes, but this is the woman who takes silence and nervous smiles from service providers as wholehearted endorsement of whatever crazy she is currently spewing, so staring at a multicultural couple must totally transmit her lunatic racial theories and make them see the error of their ways and leave all the nice white men for a menopausal Kidist.

Doesn't she work in a shop or something? I can't see her being employed in any type of job where she might have to interact with random people, especially *gasp* those "multi-culti" types she rants about so often.

She said she works at Laura in the Toronto Eaton Centre. It's one of the busiest malls in Canada, and full of non white people.

Every time I read Kidist's blog ( I'm almost ashamed at how often that is) aside from walking away shaking my head I keep thinking, she really doesn't understand that people could think differently to how she does. There seems to be this absolute disconnect, she couldn't possibly be racist, she is just reasonable and thinking ahead of the consequences for everyone! Why would anyone want to dress differently, love differently, or even watch tv and movies differently, the pieces of the puzzle just don't fit for her. I have a flatmate like her, he thinks he is the kindest and most generous soul, intelligent too, when in reality the way he talks about others has left him now with no friends, but he just can't see how that happened or why.

Then again I could just be giving her credit and she really just might be evil like Zsuzsu.

Every time I read Kidist's blog ( I'm almost ashamed at how often that is) aside from walking away shaking my head I keep thinking, she really doesn't understand that people could think differently to how she does. There seems to be this absolute disconnect, she couldn't possibly be racist, she is just reasonable and thinking ahead of the consequences for everyone! Why would anyone want to dress differently, love differently, or even watch tv and movies differently, the pieces of the puzzle just don't fit for her. I have a flatmate like her, he thinks he is the kindest and most generous soul, intelligent too, when in reality the way he talks about others has left him now with no friends, but he just can't see how that happened or why.

Then again I could just be giving her credit and she really just might be evil like Zsuzsu.

I'm no shrink or expert on mental health, but Kidist is one blogger who I truly think is mentally ill. Of course, if she is mentally ill that doesn't excuse her abominable views on race, sexual orientation, gender, religion, etc.

Kidist reminds me of my grandmother - not (G-d forbid) in her views, but in the way that you need to look into her back story to separate out the eccentric life details from the crazy.

The Ethiopian perspective on race is simply different than the North American one. In the US, being any part identifiably black = black. In some other countries, "colored" was a legitimate intermediate category (for example, "colored" people in Jamaica often had far more privilege and education - Malcolm Gladwell writes about this in Outliers). In Ethiopia, there was no white majority that saw everything else as a black "other". Instead, there were different groups who got lumped together in one country, and who periodically clashed and had power struggles. The emperor came from the Amhara - he was part of an ancient tradition which linked him back to King Solomon. Some European colonizers focused on racial differences between groups in Africa and felt that those who were "Nilotic" were whiter and therefore more superior to other African groups (Belgian race fetish planted the seeds which eventually grew into the Rwandan genocide). It sounds like Kidist's family would have reinforced this idea that she was part of a superior group, connected to this blessed ruler, and that her country fell into violence and chaos when other groups took power. She would have been quite young at the time, and this simplistic notion seems to have stuck in her head and never really been questioned or examined.

So, she idolizes white/European Canadian society, she doesn't really understand it and doesn't get why everyone around her isn't viewing things through the same racial perspective.

The irrational/crazy part is that she's really isolated, she misreads social cues, and she has developed weird racial obsessions that seem to consume her. She mentions that she had friends at university, but she doesn't seem to have kept in touch. She doesn't seem to have friends now, unless you count her obsession with Laurence Auster. Instead, she goes to the local diner by herself, makes crazy comments about gays and Asians to the wait staff, and assumes that their lack of response equals total agreement. She tries to get into the National Ballet School, and gets into arguments with the security personnel who kick her out. She stalks the blond toddler in the neighborhood, and worries that his future sex life will include an Asian woman.

This is probaby the best analysis of Kidist's personality that I've come across. I'm not sure she actually makes strange comments to the people she encounters, though. She may imagine saying these things, but I don't know that she'd actually have the nerve to confront people directly. The out-of-focus stalkerish photo-taking and glaring at people seem more her passive-aggressive style.

Doesn't she work in a shop or something? I can't see her being employed in any type of job where she might have to interact with random people, especially *gasp* those "multi-culti" types she rants about so often.

Archived