IGNORED

Kidist and race

Freyacat

I made a fake email address and emailed her to ask how she justifies her hatred of non-whites and immigrants when she isn't white nor is she a native of Canada. I'm both eager and terrified to read her response. (And of course when/if she does respond, I will post it here for everyone.)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's ancap politics, which is a childish and deeply incorrect way of looking at life. Anarcho-capitalists are generally middle class, white male students and despised by the rest of the anarchist movement.

There's also an issue in assigning race and criminality. People who arrive here poor and black have two strikes against them right away. It's not their race which causes criminality, it's their societal position and their needs.

I however was born white and grew up very differently. My IQ tests at 82 and not to put too fine a point on it, I have done what I shouldn't have. So the fabled whiteness didn't save me after all. Surely the paleness of my skin should have made me grow into Dagny Taggart. Except that doesn't seem to have occurred.

In conclusion, shut the fuck up, Auster and mates. You are talking shite.

Which is ancap politics? Auster, Ayn Rand followers or Ilana Mercer? [i think it's Mercer who would be anarcho-capitalist, but it's hard to tell from your post.]

Just to be clear as well - I despise Auster and only posted the link because it's an interesting example of Kidist's mindset. She and Auster seem to be criticizing libertarians who are not racist. Libertarians are highly focused on the individual, while Kidist and Auster/TTH are deeply committed to dividing people into inborn categories, seeing themselves on top and being horrified at anyone who blurs the lines that they arbitrarily draw.

Just to say I love the way those photos show real affection in the Obama family.

Smiles reach the eyes and there's a genuinely happy air of ease and freedom.

Compare with the fundies . . . .

Hmm. Someone is doing it wrong.

BTW, I just realized that my cat in the avatar is using black English. Ha! Ironies of ironies.

Wait! You're not a floofy kitty with cattitude and a cap on?! My whole vision of you has been turned on its head! ;)

Just to say I love the way those photos show real affection in the Obama family.

Smiles reach the eyes and there's a genuinely happy air of ease and freedom.

Compare with the fundies . . . .

Hmm. Someone is doing it wrong.

Kidist is going to pick it apart to prove that they are all scared of a dominant, frightening Michelle, and that Obama is totally under her thumb.

I hope Michelle's wearing Vera Wang, just to make Kidist's head explode.

Wait! You're not a floofy kitty with cattitude and a cap on?! My whole vision of you has been turned on its head! ;)

Wait, no...I meant that's really me..yeah :D

I so agree about the Obamas. I think they're a wonderful model for all of us. I just want him to stop making nice with those Repubs that are still in disbelief that the Kenyan won :doh:

Okay, I've never read her blog but if she's Ethiopian :o . My ex BIL is Ethiopian and from an upper class family. No he does not consider himself Black, thinks African Americans (mostly) are weak and deserved to be brought to the US as slaves because they weren't intelligent enough to evade captors [we tried giving him a few history lessons, but yeah..NO]. I won't say all are like this because I only knew him and a handful of family/friends. With the exception of three family members I know [out of thirty or so], all had the attitude that blacks in the US and stupid and beneath them and that the US sucks. We'd have discussions on holidays, that turned into ugly arguments when they show up at 4th of July or any other family events (at my sister's). One incredibly loud argument ended with my sister telling one of the hubby's pal to get the hell off her property, followed by her taking the guy's full plate and throwing it in the trash.

Oh, and yes they have the Patriarchy down pat. My sis actually tried to live according to his "wishes" :roll: Before she married him, I would have called her a feminist [see above example of her not taking any shit...sadly during her marriage it was rare though] and throughout the marriage, everyone from my parents down to all the siblings spoke to her and him about his treatment of her. When she found out he had committed adultery, she was out the door; even then he tried controlling her household. It took her a year, lots of therapy and family/friends support to finally get him totally out of her hair and for her to reclaim her life.

ETA: Yes, the ex BIL was also affiliated with Selassie. His Dad had a high level government position and a few strange things happened at public events with my BIL upon meeting other Ethiopians. I won't go into those because we never really figured out what any of it meant.

Wait, no...I meant that's really me..yeah :D

I so agree about the Obamas. I think they're a wonderful model for all of us. I just want him to stop making nice with those Repubs that are still in disbelief that the Kenyan won :doh:

Okay, I've never read her blog but if she's Ethiopian :o . My ex BIL is Ethiopian and from an upper class family. No he does not consider himself Black, thinks African Americans (mostly) are weak and deserved to be brought to the US as slaves because they weren't intelligent enough to evade captors [we tried giving him a few history lessons, but yeah..NO]. I won't say all are like this because I only knew him and a handful of family/friends. With the exception of three family members I know [out of thirty or so], all had the attitude that blacks in the US and stupid and beneath them and that the US sucks. We'd have discussions on holidays, that turned into ugly arguments when they show up at 4th of July or any other family events (at my sister's). One incredibly loud argument ended with my sister telling one of the hubby's pal to get the hell off her property, followed by her taking the guy's full plate and throwing it in the trash.

Oh, and yes they have the Patriarchy down pat. My sis actually tried to live according to his "wishes" :roll: Before she married him, I would have called her a feminist [see above example of her not taking any shit...sadly during her marriage it was rare though] and throughout the marriage, everyone from my parents down to all the siblings spoke to her and him about his treatment of her. When she found out he had committed adultery, she was out the door; even then he tried controlling her household. It took her a year, lots of therapy and family/friends support to finally get him totally out of her hair and for her to reclaim her life.

ETA: Yes, the ex BIL was also affiliated with Selassie. His Dad had a high level government position and a few strange things happened at public events with my BIL upon meeting other Ethiopians. I won't go into those because we never really figured out what any of it meant.

Very interesting. I find that there is a general Black African vs Black American attitude (in the US, anyways) overall.

For someone so proud of her intellectual capacity, her spelling could use some improvement.

Maybe that's petty of me to point out.

I heard a speaker once say, "Race is a social construct, but the cab drivers who do not stop for me don't realize that," which has stayed with me. I take his point to mean that, even though race is a social category rather than a biological one, it has real effects on how people treat each other-- most of us are born into a society that's still struggling to unlearn racism.

OOH! I like that.

Damn, Kidist is a bitch!

If I get another email from you, I will report you to the Human Rights Commission under racial harassment, which means racist.

All the best,

Kidist

--- On Mon, 1/21/13, FAKE NAME wrote:

Subject:

To: "CameraLuc

Date: Monday, January 21, 2013, 1:37 PM

Hi, I was just curious how you justify your hatred of non-whites and immigrants when you yourself are not white nor are you a native of Canada. It just seems a bit hypocritical, don't you think?

ETA- Can she actually do that? Now I'm kinda freaked out, since she's so unstable she might actually do it.

Damn, Kidist is a bitch!

ETA- Can she actually do that? Now I'm kinda freaked out, since she's so unstable she might actually do it.

Meaningless threat. You are not in Canada, so the Human Rights Commission can't do squat to you.

Damn, Kidist is a bitch!

There is no legal recourse for asking someone a question based in truth. You're fine.

That's hilarious that she would threaten someone for being "racist". The HRC has no control over anyone outside of the Province of Ontario - and they'd also look at her blog and throw it out anyway.

Damn, Kidist is a bitch!

She can report you all she wants, nothing will happen. There is nothing that harrasses her in that e-mail. She posts her e-mail publicly. I assume she wants people to use it. Getting a contrarian opinion does not equal harrassment. She's out of her small mind.

Seriously, that just shows lack of self-awareness. I can't believe her racist self thinks she should report YOU for ASKING A QUESTION, and not herself for her racist rants and behavior in public.

Thank you guys! And yea, I agree that someone should email her back. (Not me. I've had enough of her wrath for one day.)

ETA- I knew I wouldn't be getting a friendly email, but I certainly wasn't expecting that either!

(Pandora is creepy. I don't have anything useful to add, but it popped up "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist" from avenue Q as soon as I started reading this thread.)

To be actually related: Kidist is nuts. She's not even scary nuts. She's too disconnected from reality for that. I hope someday she gets some sort of help. :(

When I first read about her on FJ I looked at her blog & honestly thought she was a white racist lady (I must have missed the photo of her). She is an awful person. She makes Gabrielle Chana seem almost normal.

Someone should e-mail her back with a different address saying "I've already reported YOU. Come at me, bro."

I will pay 100 Internet Dollars for someone to do this.

(where is that damn "like" button?)

Considering she runs a blog advocating for the repatriation of all Asians because she doesn't like them, I think her coat's on a pretty shoogly peg when it comes to complaining about racism, Sunnichick.

I would worry about accusations of racism from her about as much as I would worry about accusations of fascism from a neo-Nazi.

Considering she runs a blog advocating for the repatriation of all Asians because she doesn't like them, I think her coat's on a pretty shoogly peg when it comes to complaining about racism, Sunnichick.

I would worry about accusations of racism from her about as much as I would worry about accusations of fascism from a neo-Nazi.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure her blog's already been reported numerous times.

Archived