IGNORED

The inspiring Steve and Teri Maxwell

kpmom

Same here. It really bothers me that r Maxwell Wanabees who want to raise their kids like they do. Many of them consider Steve & Teri ones to look at when it comes to parenting & raising kids.

I think the only way to counteract it is to tell these wannabees to take a long, hard look at the adult Maxwell children. Do these parents really want their teens to end up like Sarah? Or Joseph with his broken engagement?

I think the only way to counteract it is to tell these wannabees to take a long, hard look at the adult Maxwell children. Do these parents really want their teens to end up like Sarah? Or Joseph with his broken engagement?

This does not serve as a recommendation for the Maxwell Formula for Happiness. People are reading stuff Steve and Teri published years ago...sounds good in theory..but when you look at how the kids have no professional or marriage prospects...it's looking not so good. A critical thinking disconnect??

Thoughtful, I'd like to send (to her kids, not her) the following:

The Handmaid's Tale

Fahrenheit 451

Slaughterhouse Five

Little Women

Oliver Twist

The Feminine Mystique

Anything byRichard Dawkins or Stephen Fry

and just for shits and giggles:

The Princess Bride and Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

I agree.

I just liked the idea of sending someone as easily influenced as she is a bunch of conflicting books, just to see what would happen.

I think it's time to reference Landru again:

5FJBIdR.jpg

I agree.

I just liked the idea of sending someone as easily influenced as she is a bunch of conflicting books, just to see what would happen.

I think it's time to reference Landru again:

5FJBIdR.jpg

Even something as harmless as "Watership Down" would make her head explode. You have:

A group of rabbit dissidents disobeying their patriarch to move somewhere else (never mind that they'll all die if they don't); male and female rabbits living together without benefit of marriage; another male rabbit joining forces with two females to conduct a jail break. and rabbit refugees refusing to tamely submit to their intended fate as additions to the local farmer's larder.

Scandalous, I tell ya, just scandalous

This just sounds creepy.

On a bright note if you play it backwards a la Black Sabbath. Teri is actually saying 'I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony, Coke..it's the real thing!'

:lol:

No, it says "turn me on, dead man," because Paul is dead.

Her description really makes me even more disgusted when I imagine what Steve's "Daddy tapes" were like. :(

I found this blog in a google search, Raising Servants of Christ.

snip She had her tubes tied after her second child was born, and of course became "convicted" of not being able to have more children.

Did someone say "Convicted"? :wink:

I do so wish I knew how to access posts that "don't exist within the current timeframe" because i know I"m gonna want to reference thoughtful's commentary on page 1.

All that said, I've decided that Mrs. Maxwell needs to be counseled regarding her heathen name. Yes, ma'm. Teri. My Big Mama Junebug was a bug for proper spelling of given names and did not condone spellings of "Terry" as "Terri" and certianly not "Teri," which she would've benignly snarked should be pronounced Tee-Rye.

But I am a generation beyond BMJB and I make this announcement: Mrs. Maxwell, how DARE you defraud anybody who looks upon your writings with your HEATHEN name. Teri. What is that? A boy's name before it was a girl's! NO, woman, you must go back to your name-able roots: Teresa. I expect every current copy of Master's'ssss Of Their Children's Fates (No Matter How Crazy Their Vision Is) to be recalled, and the names of the authors changed to the proper, Biblical, father-fearin' Steven and Teresa.

What's that? Gigi and Grandpa named you Teri? Yeah, well, they let you go to college, too, so how right could THEY have been? No, you make your name Biblically sound before you ghost-write another blog post for Poor Sarah. Think of what your granddaughters Abigail, Bethany and Christina are going to face upon realizing their grandma has a PAGAN name and not one from Sckrip-chur.

Repent! :naughty:

All that said, I've decided that Mrs. Maxwell needs to be counseled regarding her heathen name. Yes, ma'm. Teri. My Big Mama Junebug was a bug for proper spelling of given names and did not condone spellings of "Terry" as "Terri" and certianly not "Teri," which she would've benignly snarked should be pronounced Tee-Rye.

But I am a generation beyond BMJB and I make this announcement: Mrs. Maxwell, how DARE you defraud anybody who looks upon your writings with your HEATHEN name. Teri. What is that? A boy's name before it was a girl's! NO, woman, you must go back to your name-able roots: Teresa. I expect every current copy of Master's'ssss Of Their Children's Fates (No Matter How Crazy Their Vision Is) to be recalled, and the names of the authors changed to the proper, Biblical, father-fearin' Steven and Teresa.

What's that? Gigi and Grandpa named you Teri? Yeah, well, they let you go to college, too, so how right could THEY have been? No, you make your name Biblically sound before you ghost-write another blog post for Poor Sarah. Think of what your granddaughters Abigail, Bethany and Christina are going to face upon realizing their grandma has a PAGAN name and not one from Sckrip-chur.

A Pagan name? A boy's name? No, it's even worse than that, MJB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1206094/

Teri, one of these days you may find that you are not in Kansas anymore. :animals-dogrun:

If Teri were a truly Godly Woman she would abandon her heathen, contemporary name and its spelling, and go to the Biblical sobriquet of Teresa, from which Terri/Teri/Terrie all spring.

Big hypocrite.

(And Steve would be Steven, as his kids are saddled with Christopher, Nathan, etc. -- never any nicknames. Sauce for the gander, Steve(n)!!!!!!)

I do so wish I knew how to access posts that "don't exist within the current timeframe" because i know I"m gonna want to reference thoughtful's commentary on page 1.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*snicker*

All hail, professor of the SOTDRT.

long time lurker and have to ask what does "SOTDRT" mean? I haven't been able to ever figure that one out.

And the School of the Dining Room Table describes the type of homeschooling that turns out adults who can quote the leading "lights" of creation "science" in detail, but can't figure out what an apostrophe is for.

Archived