IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell is 31 today.

Sola

Or that the people who run the home don't care or aren't aware of what the Maxwells are doing to harass the residents who won't turn towards Jebus. Its a very stressful job to work in a nursing home. I wouldn't be shocked if they are just simply unaware of the harassment.

That could be the case that they r not aware about what is going on. Not sure how I would feel if I had a relative in a home like that.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could also be that the staff or management see the Maxwell show as free entertainment. There are good and bad nursing homes, (as seen in the UK when the BBC exposed abuse as some last year) and have no idea what this one is like, but it might be that the Maxwells take the pressure off the staff for two hours every Sunday.

Sick thing about is that Stevie started the elderly church up for selfish reasons of not wanting his children exposed to others at a regular church.

It could also be that the staff or management see the Maxwell show as free entertainment. There are good and bad nursing homes, (as seen in the UK when the BBC exposed abuse as some last year) and have no idea what this one is like, but it might be that the Maxwells take the pressure off the staff for two hours every Sunday.

Sick thing about is that Stevie started the elderly church up for selfish reasons of not wanting his children exposed to others at a regular church.

Especially people in their own age group.

I also worry that Stevie could be convincing some of the elderly to make donations to Stevie and company and/or leaving parts of their estates to Stevie.

I also worry that Stevie could be convincing some of the elderly to make donations to Stevie and company and/or leaving parts of their estates to Stevie.

I wonder that as well, if a staff member hears them say about giving money to Steve would they say something to their family.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always been under the impression that attendance at any kind of nursing home ministry is voluntary. If residents are forced to attend then, of course, that's horrifically wrong and needs to come to a full stop. But if they want to see/hear the Maxwells then that's another thing entirely. There's no accounting for taste. :lol:

Guest Anonymous
Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always been under the impression that attendance at any kind of nursing home ministry is voluntary. If residents are forced to attend then, of course, that's horrifically wrong and needs to come to a full stop. But if they want to see/hear the Maxwells then that's another thing entirely. There's no accounting for taste. :lol:

I'm sure that attendance is 'voluntary' but I doubt it is without pressure. There is a definite imbalance of power when a group of healthy young people invade and dash about a residence of older, more frail people and ask them, on a weekly basis, if they want to go to church that is taking place in the main recreation area of the building. Where do they go for recreation if not to church? How do they say no, week after week, without feeling awkward.

I'm sure it is possible for them not to attend, but I would say it is eleventy times easier for me not to go to church since, (a) I don't live there and, (b) you'd have to break my door down in order to get a face-to-face conversation with me on a Sunday morning.

I don't think Steve Maxwell would ever be the type to ask for money from elderly nursing home residents.

I agree. I think he's a brainwashing control freak, but I don't think he's out to defraud the elderly. I think he's just found it one of his missions in life to make sure they make it to heaven.

• 2 weeks later...
Being single at 31 isn't a bad thing for anyone, but for a girl raised to think her purpose is being a wife & mother, she must feel so unfulfilled :/

Wishing her a better future.

This is so true! I would like fundi girls to think that being single is a valid and great choice. However, being single and having no job or independence is not

This is so true! I would like fundi girls to think that being single is a valid and great choice. However, being single and having no job or independence is not

Okay, so I read "fundie girls" as "fundi gras," sort of like Mardi Gras. Must have it on the brain. :lol: Might be a good name for a fundie version of Rumspringa, if such an experience existed.

I agree. I think he's a brainwashing control freak, but I don't think he's out to defraud the elderly. I think he's just found it one of his missions in life to make sure they make it to heaven.

Hilariously, financial wrongdoing is NOT what I imagined upon first reading the bolded... :shock:

(Where is the brain bleach when you need it??)

Hilariously, financial wrongdoing is NOT what I imagined upon first reading the bolded... :shock:

(Where is the brain bleach when you need it??)

Me neither! But oh god, the image of a "defrauding" Steve Maxwell in that sense is NOT one I needed.

Archived