IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell is 31 today.

Sola

So John got 11 birthday wishes a couple days ago, but Sarah got none? What is she? Chopped liver? I feel like I need to go over and wish her a happy birthday to make up for the loser followers. That to me says more about her worth than anything else. She is not even worthy of a happy birthday. :obscene-birdiered::obscene-birdiered:

Actually she got quite a few. They generally don't update the blog very much on Sundays. I had to *LOL* at the sunday school teacher buying so many copies for the church library. :whistle:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...Shes not allowed to do anything.

Well to be honest that is not completely true. She is allowed to clean the ceiling fans once a week. Whether they need it or not. See how G-d is using her for the greater good?

I, too, had made a myriad of life "mistakes" by the time I was 31, but I learned so much from them. In my opinion, preventing "mistakes" doesn't teach you more than learning from making them. But of course, I'm on the other side of those mistakes and now am raising my own kids. The default is that you want to teach your kids not to make mistakes, but you have to give them the wriggle room to make them anyway (hard to watch, but necessary, I think). Sarah has probably never made a single mistake in her life. And she wouldn't know what to do with the results of one if she made it. It's sad. She has no way of helping herself or of helping society except for her power to pray. Oh, and she can take some pictures.

Well I am sure she has made mistakes - but the have been things like "not keeping sweet" when she was 10. I feel we learn more from mistakes than from successes - I know I would not be where I am now if I had not made mistakes and learned from them. As a parent I think the best you can do is try to prevent mistakes that can ruin a child's life.

Well I am sure she has made mistakes - but the have been things like "not keeping sweet" when she was 10. I feel we learn more from mistakes than from successes - I know I would not be where I am now if I had not made mistakes and learned from them. As a parent I think the best you can do is try to prevent mistakes that can ruin a child's life.

Agreed. But in the Maxwell world, every "mistake" can ruin a child's life. There is no rebound, no recovery. Prevent, prevent, prevent. I would love to have been a fly on the wall during the counseling they gave Christopher and Joseph after their failed courtships. I can't imagine how that all went down.

Actually she got quite a few. They generally don't update the blog very much on Sundays. I had to *LOL* at the sunday school teacher buying so many copies for the church library. :whistle:

I'm glad Sarah got those messages. The Moody Books are all she has and it's great that people are giving her some recognition for the work she does. This is something Steve can't take away from her. They're even using the books in at least one church SCHOOL where kids actually get to meet each other and make friends. :dance:

So, they went through that drive through animal park for Sarah's birthday. They even went out to eat after. Glad they actually had *fun* for her birthday.

Guest Anonymous
:angry-steamingears:

Comments on the birthday post are up, and oh what a coinky-dink! Steve-o has edited mine!!

Sarah, honey, what I really said was "All best wishes for a year of freedom and happiness."

Freedom, Steve. Freedom. What's so threatening about one little old word???

Thanks for sharing. I think it is really revealing for anyone who cares to google for information, that "Steve Maxwell" of titus2.com edits his blog readers' comments, as part of the process of systematically lying to his family and followers in order to keep them within the cult.

The animal park post made me so sad. Who is more captive, Sarah or the animals? Seeing them all packed in the van looking like elementary kids on a school fieldtrip made made me see just how stunted they are. Steve Maxwell is an abusive sociopath and if there is a hell, he will be in it. Ugh.

Lambert's is a fun place to eat, though the picture of someone's fries is not that appealing. I wonder if Steve actually let the servers throw the rolls to their table, or if that would be too worldly or something?

We all want to do the same thing for our 31st birthday (with the same people) that we did for our father's 60th birthday...don't we?

They couldn't come up with anything better for a grown woman's birthday? She didn't even feed the animals because she didn't want her hands to get slimey. Nothing wrong with that - other than the fact that that may have been something the family would have considered when decided what to do. The birthday girl sat back, strapped in her seat, while her family fed the animals she had no interest in feeding.

Did she have any ideas about how to spend her birthday? Did she even consider having a choice in the matter an option? I'm assuming it was just a given, and that makes it even more pathetic.

I thought the same thing. Did anyone ask Sarah what she'd like to do for her birthday? She'd been to the slobbery animal park before so I'm guessing that probably wasn't her choice to return. I wish someone would have just taken her to a spa and get a pedicure, but that's worldly and pleasurable and against the rules for a THIRTY-ONE year old girl-child, I suppose. And how stupid is it that they go to a wild animal park in a van that only has two windows that open?

We all want to do the same thing for our 31st birthday (with the same people) that we did for our father's 60th birthday...don't we?

Heh. I was just wondering, wait, is this some repeat of an old thread? Because I remember that park and the restaurant... :?

What's with the horse and buggies? Are there Amish in that area?

I can't believe Sarah talks about death and where we'll be going when we die in her birthday post. She's really and truly gone all in with Steve's beliefs, hasn't she?

What's with the horse and buggies? Are there Amish in that area?

I can't believe Sarah talks about death and where we'll be going when we die in her birthday post. She's really and truly gone all in with Steve's beliefs, hasn't she?

All I can say is, what sucked me into finally registering over at Yuku was watching Christopher's wedding stream live over the internet (I'd been following the Maxwell blog for quite some time and was just amazed that other people shared my weird obsession) and they talked about DEATH!! at a WEDDING!!! It's just so extremely in the "not done, for any reason, ever, how can anyone be that inauspicious???" in my circles that I could not NOT make a comment on that!

...gotta love the Maxwells. All Death, All The Time.

Meanwhile maybe that woman at the nursing home feels the same way about Sarah, oh how that poor girl is so nice to me but so deluded in her crazy religion!! or whatever. I kinda hope so.

Meanwhile maybe that woman at the nursing home feels the same way about Sarah, oh how that poor girl is so nice to me but so deluded in her crazy religion!! or whatever. I kinda hope so.

Well, yeah. If I were helpless and on my deathbed and the Maxwells were interrogating me about whether or not my view of salvation lined up with theirs exactly, I'd be praying to the Good Lord to take me sooner rather than later!

All I can say is, what sucked me into finally registering over at Yuku was watching Christopher's wedding stream live over the internet (I'd been following the Maxwell blog for quite some time and was just amazed that other people shared my weird obsession) and they talked about DEATH!! at a WEDDING!!! It's just so extremely in the "not done, for any reason, ever, how can anyone be that inauspicious???" in my circles that I could not NOT make a comment on that!

...gotta love the Maxwells. All Death, All The Time.

Yeah, after the wedding death talk I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It so weird though, happy birthday to me and oh by the way, do you know where you're going when you die?

And that poor dying woman, being hounded by Sarah Maxwell. Sarah leave that woman alone. She's got enough on her plate.

Well, yeah. If I were helpless and on my deathbed and the Maxwells were interrogating me about whether or not my view of salvation lined up with theirs exactly, I'd be praying to the Good Lord to take me sooner rather than later!

Me, I'd pray for the Good Lord to take the MAXWELLS.

From Sarah's drive-through safari birthday post (bolding mine):

If you haven’t settled the question as to where you will spend eternity, please don’t put it off. Just yesterday, my heart broke, as I shared with a sweet, elderly woman, who appears to be dying. From all evidence, she has rejected Jesus. I pray she turns to Him in her last hours. If you think of it, please pray for Miss A.

"Settled the question??" I'm assuming this happened during the Maxwells' nursing home Sunday service for the "elderly," and that this "appears to be dying" woman is in a vulnerable physical and mental state. Where are the people in charge of this place? The Maxwells have no business haranguing these poor people with their death-drama obsession!!

:angry-screaming:

From Sarah's drive-through safari birthday post (bolding mine):

"Settled the question??" I'm assuming this happened during the Maxwells' nursing home Sunday service for the "elderly," and that this "appears to be dying" woman is in a vulnerable physical and mental state. Where are the people in charge of this place? The Maxwells have no business haranguing these poor people with their death-drama obsession!!

:angry-screaming:

Agree Agree Agree!!!! This would drive me insane if I had a relative in a nursing home & someone said that to them I would be pissed!!!

“If you haven’t settled the question as to where you will spend eternity, please don’t put it off. Just yesterday, my heart broke, as I shared with a sweet, elderly woman, who appears to be dying. From all evidence, she has rejected Jesus. I pray she turns to Him in her last hours. If you think of it, please pray for Miss A.â€

What I posted:

Dear Maxwell Family: If you don’t realize what’s wrong with trying to shove your religion down the throat of a poor, vulnerable, dying elderly woman, I hold out no hope for you. I pray that, should I ever be in a nursing facility towards the end of my life, that my family and my staff will protect me from such unwarranted intrusion. When my family was at my dad’s bedside when he died, my minister (she and I are of a different denomination from my dad and siblings) had the sensitivity not to foist our beliefs onto those who were grieving.

Your “kindness†is cruelty.

Yeah, I'm a bitch--and I know that this will never see the light of day over there.

Hey Sarah and Steve! Maybe Miss A is Jewish!* gasp You worship a Jew, right? Therefore Jews must be okay just as they are, right? Right?!?

*Yes, there are Jews in Kansas. :)

I would be livid if anyone tried to influence me or anyone else I knew in that manner. My strong religious convictions are between me and my God and not due to the influence of aothers. I have freely made my own choices and do not presume to make them for anyone else..

Archived