IGNORED

Sarah Maxwell is 31 today.

Sola

New post on the Maxwell blog, a happy birthday Sarah from Anna.

She's 31 now isn't she? Still waiting for a husband to fall from the sky for her. Steve-O obviously isn't praying hard enough.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's the same age as me, and all that can be said about her is that she has a servant's heart and is working on another Moody book. So sad.

Maybe a godly man will deliver pizza to their door and they will fall madly in love because that's about the only way she will meet someone new. Is Stevie breaking out the animal crackers and Pepsi so they can party down?

I just feel so sorry for Sarah. It's hard enough having a January birthday, what with the cold and dismal weather, but to be living at home with a father who attempts to control her every thought and sucks the fun right out of life it has to be so depressing. I just wish she would wake up one day screaming I'm not going to take it anymore, pack her suitcase, and move off to Aunt Tami's home.

She's the same age as me, and all that can be said about her is that she has a servant's heart and is working on another Moody book. So sad.

and that the LORD uses her and will use her in the future. Just such a happy thought.

I have a winter birthday and never found it depressing. :) You can even have a pool party with a winter birthday - just at an indoor pool.

I'm 31 for another month or so. I have a bachelor's and two master's degrees. I've been married for nearly 8 years, we own a house, we have a 2.5 year old and another child on the way. I work at a job that I enjoy (although I admit the prospect of 3 months of maternity leave pleases me) and we have a great extended family and group of friends.

It's so sad that at less than a year older than Sarah, I've experienced so much more in life. I don't think I'm terribly exceptional, either. It's unfortunate that this young woman has been taught that if she does what her daddy says and has NO FUN, she'll get the husband and children that she's been taught is her only option in life. She must feel such doubt and sadness, especially to see her brothers out on their own with families of their own. She can probably see now that unless something dramatic changes in the next year or two, she'll grow old caring for her parents and then have to be at the mercy of a brother willing to take in the spinster aunt. It's just bleak.

My sister just turned 31 last week. She's single and lives at home, but it's because she decided to go back to school for a grad degree and was worried about juggling the finances herself. She comes and goes as she pleases, holds a very high profile job as the development director at a top hospital in our area and is verymuch enjoying being a grown assed woman with little responsibility beyond taking care of herself. She has said many times that seeing her siblings with spouses and children, she knows that is not what she wants.

I secretly hope that Sarah is a little bit sad. Not that I wish misery on her, but at least if she's sad about being 31 and still living at home with zero prospects, there is part of her brain that acknowledges that this is not normal. Not that you can't be perfectly happy unless you are married and a parent, but she doesnt even get to experience either as HER OWN choice.

Sneak an extra animal cracker, Sarah. You deserve it and you don't have to ask your psycho father.

Happy Birthday Sarah. This is just really really sad :(

31 years old and cant date, have kids, move out, have a job, go to college...Shes not allowed to do anything. Steve, let her go off into the world, if you dont want her courting yet at least let her get a job so she can do something that a 31 year old woman should be doing. Shes not a child anymore.

I have a winter birthday and never found it depressing. :) You can even have a pool party with a winter birthday - just at an indoor pool.

I have a January birthday too. No indoor pool parties available when I was a kid. Plus mine is soon after Christmas, in fact on Epiphany so maybe that contributed to my wishing I had a summer birthday. In any case you and I both have a life a thousand times better than Sarah does.

31 years old and all your family can say about you is that the lord is using you, you have a servants heart and are using your limited writing skills to write another limited content book for a limited audience.

I'd be kind of pissed if the only thing my future held was waiting to see what else the lord used me for. Being used sucks ass.

Then again, being 31 and living within a cult run by your lazy, insecure father is no picnic so I guess the lord's use of her at least gives her something to look forward to.

Run, Sarah, Run. A decade ago I bet you thought you would be free from your dad. You aren't. A decade from now, your life will most likely not have changed at all. You will still be sitting at home writing Moody books.

If it's any consolation, my dd is also 31 and single. I don't think it's from a lack of offers, either. She enjoys her career, loves to travel, and, imho, is so darn picky that she will need to custom design her husband.

Btw, she is a NICU NNP and does helicopter/jet transport. Her job is kind of fun!

Happy 31st birthday, to you, Sarah! I wish you a year of joy, laughter, and light. Sadly, I know it will be a year of cleaning, touring, and serving. I knew they would not post her age like they did for John. How very sad to be raised to be a wife and Mother only to never marry.

Agree with what everyone is saying about Sarah. I'm 32 & live @ home but mostly because I don't have a job right now (damn economy) however I can come & go as I please & my father does NOT expect me to get up @ 5:30 in the morning to read the Bible.

If it's any consolation, my dd is also 31 and single. I don't think it's from a lack of offers, either. She enjoys her career, loves to travel, and, imho, is so darn picky that she will need to custom design her husband.

Btw, she is a NICU NNP and does helicopter/jet transport. Her job is kind of fun!

The problem isn't that Sarah is single. She has no life other than her Steve Maxwell controlled one. Plus, Sarah very much wants a family and babies of her own. You can tell it when she posts about her nieces and nephews.

So sad for her. I will say that the weather here is really beautiful for January. It has been in the 50s and was 60 yesterday. She has gorgeous sun and blue sky for her birthday. Otherwise, it is sad. She deserves happiness, Steve. Stop thinking about yourself.

Happy birthday Sarah! You are a beautiful woman worthy of a wonderful spouse, I hope this year you find a person/personally cause to share your life. You deserve it! You can be a mother, wife, business owner, or anything else. Go for it! I am rooting for you.

Run, Sarah, run. I'm 27 and I've been married these last 3 years. My job isn't great, but: I'm a homeowner, I'm financially comfortable, and I'm enrolled in a real college for a real degree. Run. You can do so much better!

The Lord IS using Sarah. He's using her to tell Steve that his grand plan to control and isolate his family ISN'T WORKING. Unfortunately Steve has stuffed his fingers in his ears and is chanting I CAN'T HEAR YOU NEENER NEENER NEENER! like three year old.

Happy birthday Sarah. I hope one day you will realize that loving and serving the lord and having an independent life full of ups and downs, surprises and daily adventures aren't mutually exclusive. Dream bigger.

And why on earth did they post such an unflattering, defeated portrait of her for her birthday? There have been some lovely close ups of her face, and she is beautiful. Her posture, clothing, and even her hair look terrible in that shot, and you can barely see her face. Smile is forced; she climbed a freaking mountain, not the time for a glamour shot.

Geez. It's like Steve is flaunting his control even through the photos. "Thou shalt not feel pride in thine appearance on thine birthday! Only Jesus gets to look good; thou shalt be frumpalicious!"

I hate him.

The Lord IS using Sarah. He's using her to tell Steve that his grand plan to control and isolate his family ISN'T WORKING. Unfortunately Steve has stuffed his fingers in his ears and is chanting I CAN'T HEAR YOU NEENER NEENER NEENER! like three year old.

Happy birthday Sarah. I hope one day you will realize that loving and serving the lord and having an independent life full of ups and downs, surprises and daily adventures aren't mutually exclusive. Dream bigger.

I would click my like button if I had it.

Happy Birthday Sarah. My wish though it would never happen is that she would wise up about her loony father and escape to Aunt Tami's.

Unlike most of the SAHDs we discuss, I think Sarah could be employable. She's done real behind-the-scenes work for Steve's publishing...thing and she's probably developed real skills, but just doesn't know it.

Anyway, happy birthday Sarah! May you one day come to your senses.

Archived