IGNORED

What's going on with FJ? Mistaken identity?

razingruth

I don't know if this is the proper forum for this, so mods please move if it's not.

Two days ago, I received a really screwy email from someone at topmod19943@xxxxx.com. When I tried to respond directly, it appeared that the account had been deleted and the email bounced. Since most of the venom of the email revolves around FreeJinger, I thought maybe I could respond here (especially since the sender claims to be a member of FJ and claims that this has something to do with some issue arising here). Can anyone shed light on this for me?

This is the text of the email I received:

I am well-and-truly confused! What is going on? I have been away from the computer for a few days and I'm trying to catch up on FJ announcements. But, I do want to clarify a few things that this email suggests:

1. I am not the owner of FJ.

2. I am not the owner of NLQ.

Both of these are easily provable. FJ is owned by Alecto/Lauren and NLQ is owned by Vicky. I believe that both are registered non-profits.

Other than posting on FJ, as part of the community, and having my blog syndicated (for no profit) to NLQ, I have no ties to either. I certainly don't make money off any adsese from either (or from my own blog -for that matter- as I don't have ads on my blog).

3. The Arkansas issue is a stretch! I don't know what screen shot is being referenced; however, I no longer live there.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and if I need to do anything about this?

I sent you a PM Ruth. I'm sorry you have been drug into this mess. I'm not really sure what some of that email is referencing, but I'm happy to talk to you.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to hear that you have been brought into this mess. Several other regulars have decided to leave and I will miss their posts. I'm hoping that despite all this mess you will continue to contribute and won't choose the same path as the others. I found your blog through FJ and have enjoyed it very much - you are valuable (as FJ is) in shedding light on a very harmful lifestyle.

I will tell you the same thing I told the three transitional team members who, apparently, were threatened. You should contact the police! Someone is harassing you and it isn't right. Personally, though, I doubt you have anything to worry about other than wasting your time reading the rants of an illiterate troll.

I am just riding this one out.

I have been careful enough with my identity and I doubt what anyone involved knows is enough to physically hurt me. I don't plan on deleting my membership here, either. I think someone is trying to break up the people and the "family" that has developed on Freejinger and I, for one, think that's pathetic. :(

I have been careful enough with my identity and I doubt what anyone involved knows is enough to physically hurt me. I don't plan on deleting my membership here, either. I think someone is trying to break up the people and the "family" that has developed on Freejinger and I, for one, think that's pathetic. :(

I completely agree and I'm glad you're staying!

Good for you, "Ruth." I think it's someone trying to exploit the situation here. They're spreading nasty wherever they can.

Good for you, "Ruth." I think it's someone trying to exploit the situation here. They're spreading nasty wherever they can.

I guess I'm not too good with the interwebz sleuthing, because outside of this board, I don't see a whole lot of chatter about FJ...

Ruth, I just have to ad - I believe you stated you are in California ? The person who sent the crazy email obviously is nowhere near where they could be a physical threat to you if they think you couldn't possibly be homeless in this state with that amount of money. They clearly have 0 idea of costs in any remotely urban area of the state. So the crazy has to be coming from somewhere distant - if that is any small comfort.

Thanks for staying 'Ruth'. I'll echo what everyone else has said in that I highly doubt this nutter is any threat to you. FJ is in trouble right now, but I think it will emerge stronger (and wiser). It looks like we'll be losing some of our awesome posters, but this situation has brought out so many lurkers that I have no doubt FJ will recover.

Re: mystery threatening e-mail from an account that was immediately deleted. (How does he/she even know the account was deleted?)

I have to say that this is pretty hard to believe. As with every other RR tale, there just isn't anyway to verify it. On the one hand, the number of adventures, mishaps, and so on approaches that of a soap opera, not a real life (in my opinion). On the other hand, if all these clearly awful things have really happened to "Ruth", then an anonymous poster expressing lack of belief in the stories isn't going to hurt Ruth much.

Is "Ruth" FJ's champion catfish (as in the Joost/Schulman pseudo-documentary)? My guess is that he/she indeed is. I suspect that: a) she/he is ten or twenty older than she claims, (b) she comes from an ATI background, © her real ATI family isn't as crazy as the repugnant one she's described no her site, (d) she's got some issues with her ATI-upbringing (who wouldn't?), and (e) she has an enormous and unhealthy need for attention, even if it's from gullible internet fans.

Ruth: time to go away; get a different hobby.

That is what I think but I am sorry that you have been dragged into this.

Re: mystery threatening e-mail from an account that was immediately deleted. (How does he/she even know the account was deleted?)

I have to say that this is pretty hard to believe. As with every other RR tale, there just isn't anyway to verify it. On the one hand, the number of adventures, mishaps, and so on approaches that of a soap opera, not a real life (in my opinion). On the other hand, if all these clearly awful things have really happened to "Ruth", then an anonymous poster expressing lack of belief in the stories isn't going to hurt Ruth much.

Is "Ruth" FJ's champion catfish (as in the Joost/Schulman pseudo-documentary)? My guess is that he/she indeed is. I suspect that: a) she/he is ten or twenty older than she claims, (b) she comes from an ATI background, © her real ATI family isn't as crazy as the repugnant one she's described no her site, (d) she's got some issues with her ATI-upbringing (who wouldn't?), and (e) she has an enormous and unhealthy need for attention, even if it's from gullible internet fans.

Oh shut up. So bored of this slamming on Ruth now. Leave her alone. It's dull.

Ahhh there is always one of you huh? :roll:

Jjj: time to go away and quit being a dbag. No one makes you read her posts/blog. If you don't believe her then ignore her.

Yeah, cause she gets so much out of a three page thread on FJ, less than half of which is really about her......

We have enough drama and conspiracy theories here at the moment without you adding another groundless one.

Thanks for the feedback.

Won't take it personally and won't say more about RR after this post (only my second ever regarding RR), because I'm just speculating and don't know more. I've read her story since the days when she would post on NLQ about the "49 qualities of Ruth". I certainly felt some sympathy -- at least as much as one can feel for an anonymous writer on the internet. As the story became more and more fantastic (as in fantasy-like), though, I stopped reading her blog. As best I can tell, no one's ever directly vouched for her veracity -- only asserted that they heard that someone else had.

RR's story is too hard to believe (at least for me). And offensive, I would think, to any real ATI/Gothard-cult victim (assuming RR's telling a tall tale; if not, she'll survive having one doubter express an unflattering opinion about her veracity).

Pretty curious that when all the concern is now elsewhere (i.e. on FJ's transition), RR has yet another crisis, and finds it necessary to communicate it on FJ. Why not just PM it to a few believers rather than air it here where most folks are focused on something that's real? To me the mystery e-mail story reads as an almost pathetic attempt to exploit collective angst about the transition and fund-skimming in order to elicit sympathy and attention. No more, no less...

Back to lurking. Having come out of a semi-fundamentalist environment ("fundie-lite" I guess) several years ago, reading on FJ helps me understand how the heck I ever bought-in to that way of thinking and how fortunate I am to have come to my senses and left it behind.

Thanks for the feedback.

Won't take it personally and won't say more about RR after this post (only my second ever regarding RR), because I'm just speculating and don't know more. I've read her story since the days when she would post on NLQ about the "49 qualities of Ruth". I certainly felt some sympathy -- at least as much as one can feel for an anonymous writer on the internet. As the story became more and more fantastic (as in fantasy-like), though, I stopped reading her blog. As best I can tell, no one's ever directly vouched for her veracity -- only asserted that they heard that someone else had.

RR's story is too hard to believe (at least for me). And offensive, I would think, to any real ATI/Gothard-cult victim (assuming RR's telling a tall tale; if not, she'll survive having one doubter express an unflattering opinion about her veracity).

Pretty curious that when all the concern is now elsewhere (i.e. on FJ's transition), RR has yet another crisis, and finds it necessary to communicate it on FJ. Why not just PM it to a few believers rather than air it here where most folks are focused on something that's real? To me the mystery e-mail story reads as an almost pathetic attempt to exploit collective angst about the transition and fund-skimming in order to elicit sympathy and attention. No more, no less...

Back to lurking. Having come out of a semi-fundamentalist environment ("fundie-lite" I guess) several years ago, reading on FJ helps me understand how the heck I ever bought-in to that way of thinking and how fortunate I am to have come to my senses and left it behind.

Maybe it's because I had a rough upbringing myself, but I really haven't seen anything that is so far "out there" to doubt Ruth's story. I've never understood that criticism. Besides, if I were to have a blog, I doubt I would have much to say unless something big was happening in my life.

Maybe it's because I had a rough upbringing myself, but I really haven't seen anything that is so far "out there" to doubt Ruth's story. I've never understood that criticism. Besides, if I were to have a blog, I doubt I would have much to say unless something big was happening in my life.

We have posters here whose stories are similar to Ruths, JJJ is certainly entitled to her opinion, but I don't think she was paying a great deal of attention to what some other members of the community expressed about their challenges when leaving fundydom. But it's a busy forum, no one has time to read everything.

This exactly, I tried to keep a blog but since my life is generally boring I post two maybe three times a year. I also had quite a run of bad luck in my college years and it always happened during exam time, from a car accident, to being robbed at work, to falling and breaking a leg. I really felt like people thought I was nuts at the time.

Yes, boring lives do not make for interesting blogs or books. My life is very boring and, consequently, I do not post much on FB and my blog has been neglected for years at this point.

I relate very much to Ruth's story. The Internet is full of neglected blogs. I see her as someone who needs emotional support and that is why she turns to us. I'm going to give get that support because she is so very brave. Getting out like she did, when she did not have a single leg to stand on was one of the bravest things ever. I feel that she is worth the risk of all of this. I would rather be wrong about her and give her emotional support than find out she was telling the truth the whole time and I failed to keep her encouraged.

I'm not too worried about Ruth/Mary/Vyckie/Alecto/Lauren- misusing FJ, RR, or NLQ- I'm still mad about Her/Them killing JFK and faking the moon landing (I totally know that was you, Ruth! Admit it! I've contacted the pope!)

I'm not too worried about Ruth/Mary/Vyckie/Alecto/Lauren- misusing FJ, RR, or NLQ- I'm still mad about Her/Them killing JFK and faking the moon landing (I totally know that was you, Ruth! Admit it! I've contacted the pope!)

You know, that leads to being punched by 75 year old kick ass astronauts...1wcrkxOgzhU

Archived