IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures Blog

StarrieEyedKat

I'm really glad she sticks to the east coast. I would call DHS & report her if she even mentioned 'the outback'. It WOULD end in disaster.

Also somebody I know has spent a lot of time in Arnhem land & seems to be well liked the by locals. He is the son of multi-millionares. However he is very unassuming & laid back & not a middle class tourist like Ms Sparklez.

My sister has actually spent time in Arnham land learning traditional weaving techniques from indigenous women. It's not like I think that aboriginal communities are no go areas. I just don't see Lauren's entitlement and the middle class privilege she drips going down well there, especially in truly disadvantaged communities.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silly. I'm sure anyone would be ecstatic to have Lauren arrive to question their authenticity.

I'm surprised you're surprised she doesn't travel more. They don't travel to see new things, they travel to live in successive people's pockets. That trip to see the eclipse was the furtherest she's ever driven. Look at their time in NZ. They fly into Auckland, then hightail it north of Whangarei and stay within a 100x50 mile area.(150x75km). Same thing around Australia as far as I can tell, SE QLD, NE NSW.

Archived