IGNORED

Immigrants are ruining the economy by buying more than me

super skeptic

I get this weird disconnect when reading Kidist's page, it's almost like she's totally detached from human emotion. Is she a Vulcan? Well, come to think, she does seem to have one emotion. Anger. Other than that, it's like the arrows are leaving the bowl but the target's forty degrees to the left. It's just weird. Kind of like reading a psychopath's writings, or speaking with someone who is severely Autistic. A weird sort of disconnect that I just can't explain (note: autistic people are not psychopaths, I'm just trying to figure out why Kidist doesn't seem to behave quite like the average person. Sorry I can't express myself less clumsily.)

Though I did get the feeling from her latest post about Larry Auster that she was desperately trying to have some sort of emotional connection with him. (Crush, perhaps?) But the formula just doesn't add up. He likes Yeats. And he is too polite to order whiskey when he wants it because she ordered diet coke. And now she is trying Irish things because he likes Irish things. Then she goes back to a pub they went to and takes horrible, fuzzy photos of the restaurant décor. (I'm sure the staff loved that. :roll: ) It's just... weird. Weirder than usual weird.

I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised any more at anything she said or did. Many of the people we discuss do seem to have boundaries. With Kidist, I don't know that she does, or if she does, I have no way of understanding what they are.

I agree, clarinetpower. She seems very detached from real human interaction, and I think that is why she draws such bizarre conclusions from insignificant details or misreads social cues.

In her latest installment, Kidist explains how the common occurrence of a store closing/moving and a food court expanding is proof of our inevitable doom. Oh and the best part is she was taking creepy pictures of the people there because they were "multi-culti". Should have taken one of herself to complete that picture, I guess.

I agree, clarinetpower. She seems very detached from real human interaction, and I think that is why she draws such bizarre conclusions from insignificant details or misreads social cues.

In her latest installment, Kidist explains how the common occurrence of a store closing/moving and a food court expanding is proof of our inevitable doom. Oh and the best part is she was taking creepy pictures of the people there because they were "multi-culti". Should have taken one of herself to complete that picture, I guess.

The only rational statement in her piece is a comment that people don't like strangers taking pictures of them.

Yes, Toronto is a multicultural city. Most of us consider that to be a feature, not a flaw. If you don't like it, leave. We won't miss you.

And again - anecdotes are not data. If you really want to discuss immigrants and suburbs and economic issues, google "Markham Ontario". While you're at it, look up Richmond Hill, Vaughan and Brampton too. Look at the trend in housing prices in the United States. Look at the trend in housing prices here. Compare and contrast. Do the same with unemployment figures. Look up school rankings in York Region. Notice that the top-ranked schools are mostly in the "multi culti" south part of the region, while the bottom-ranked ones are in the predominantly white north.

If you make the assumption that the story is true and she had some poor customer service, which as far as I can see is entirely unrelated to the race of anyone involved....

WTF didn't she go and find another till to be served at? She was shopping at the Bay, not the corner shop.

If you make the assumption that the story is true and she had some poor customer service, which as far as I can see is entirely unrelated to the race of anyone involved....

WTF didn't she go and find another till to be served at? She was shopping at the Bay, not the corner shop.

She wants to feel persecuted. Being persecuted makes her feel justified (my guess).

My view is that it makes a story for her to post. If she'd simply moved to another line, what's to say? It would be like me moving to another line in the grocery store the other day. No big whoop. OTOH, may I feel persecuted because TEN people were in line in front of me at the pharmacy yesterday? The nerve of people getting sick when I am! /sarcasm

Archived