IGNORED

Kendal hates books

Freyacat

Also a bibliophile here, and while this is disturbing, I don't find it surprising from such a stubbornly ignorant person. I feel bad for those kids though, it doesn't seem like they have many fun things in their life at all.

Yet another bibliophile here; I've already read 8 books so far this year, and I have a year goal of at least 100 books. I can't imagine how empty these peoples' lives must be without reading.

I once heard a friend of a friend say that she'd given up reading anything that wasn't faith-promoting. Only Christian books. That made me so very sad. I'd just finished a Dickens novel when she said that and I immediately thought of all the authors and great writing she'd be missing. There are so many amazing books out there; why limit yourself? Why limit your brain, your imagination, your LIFE like that? :(

ITA. I've got a 9 yr old who hates reading. He read late, and currently has no interest in reading much at all, which is mystifying to me since his dad and I are huge readers. I'm happy if he reads a comic book, let alone great literature! I just keep letting him pick books at the bookstore, and hope they get read at some time.

No personal experience because my kids are still little, but I had an education professor suggest trying any non-book reading materials you can think of. She mentioned having luck with Pokemon cards or baseball cards. Also, video games that require more reading, like Paper Mario. I'm not even sure what that is actually but I remember it was a popular one for educators helping non-readers. Lol. Any reading is good reading, and boosts confidence which leads to more reading.

And yes, Kendull is dumb and shouldn't be relied on to educate her children. I'm sad for them.

Paul himself quoted Menander, who was most definitely neither Christian nor Jewish. Worse, he was a poet.

Let me repeat that: Paul quoted a pagan poet in support of his arguments.

The first thing a well-educated Roman citizen, such as Paul, learned how to do was read. The second thing was how to read the classics of his civilization. The third thing was how to speak well, not only clearly, but also literately and persuasively. How else could Paul have held his own on Mars Hill?

Can you imagine a modern streetcorner preacher with Kendal's mindset and a basement Bible college education in Paul's place? What a train wreck!

No personal experience because my kids are still little, but I had an education professor suggest trying any non-book reading materials you can think of. She mentioned having luck with Pokemon cards or baseball cards. Also, video games that require more reading, like Paper Mario. I'm not even sure what that is actually but I remember it was a popular one for educators helping non-readers. Lol. Any reading is good reading, and boosts confidence which leads to more reading.

And yes, Kendull is dumb and shouldn't be relied on to educate her children. I'm sad for them.

Yes Kendal is unbelievably stupid and I am not at all surprised about her reading and books revulsion if you consider how her position towards education and teaching is. Her 'litarary' preferences are clear, just read her christian snot and drool quotes on her blog.

http://www.thefatherknowsbest.com/2013/ ... chool.html

I love books. They've got me through countless boring afternoons while on the dole. You can identify with the characters, and for this reason I don't even mind reading the same ones again. I don't like certain genres as much as others - I hate trashy romance, for example - but how do I know this? Because I tried it and it wasn't my cup of tea. I can't imagine not reading for pleasure.

I am a literary gourmand. I read anything that has words and lacks legs to run away from me, even the writings of people such as Kendal. :)

Is faith really so cut-glass delicate for some people that they have to organize everything in their lives around keeping it safe? I'm rather religion-immune myself, but I fail to see how a book could be such a threat to a person's faith unless there wasn't much faith there to begin with.

Archived