IGNORED

Happy 22nd bday, John! (a/k/a bus mechanic Maxwell)

Justme

John is the best looking Maxwell man. I'm surprised he hasn't a had courtship. I predict he will be married in a couple of years.

Predictions for the upcoming blot entry of pictures of John's birthday party.

-Pictures of Maxwell women baking cakes and making frozen custard

-The Maxwell granddaughters will make a sign or something

-Pictures of the granddaughters sitting on John's lap

-Pic of John opening presents

Don't forget a picture of a plate with a quarter-inch sliver of cake and tablespoon of custard, aka the Maxwell serving size for birthday treats.

Anybody catch this quote from the January 12th post?

John is back to his routine bus maintenance. We are so grateful for all his work – even in small, tight, hard-to-work-in places!
:shock: :lol:

I bet one of his presents will be a new Bible cover. Maybe we'll also get a pic of him enjoying his two animal crackers.

I bet one of his presents will be a new Bible cover. Maybe we'll also get a pic of him enjoying his two animal crackers.

Animal crackers PLUS cake and custard? That seems a bit decadent for a simple birthday celebration...

Is it so sad that we can almost predict what the Maxwells will post for John's birthday? I used to think it's because the Maxwells lead such boring lives. Now, I realized their stifling upbringing have squeezed out any new ideas from their brains. They can't think of anything new to add to their lives so they just repeat the same thing over and over again. As for Sarah, I'm sure she'll enjoy another birthday thinking about her single life and when she'll have her turn at courtship. Have she ever been courted?

Predictions for the upcoming blot entry of pictures of John's birthday party.

-The Maxwell granddaughters will make a sign or something

-Pictures of the granddaughters sitting on John's lap

There will be praying and bible verses!

No courtship for a few more years. Uriah needs his mechanic. Joe will marry first. He'll need a couple more years to get over being dumped.

. Have she ever been courted?

To our knowledge, we have never found evidence that Sarah has ever been courted. In true Maxwellian fashion, there would have been photos, I think, although maybe they wouldn't have shared it with the world like they did the boys simply because she's a girl.

John is definitely the cutest Maxwell. Whomever gets him is a lucky gal -- well, until he cracks open that Bible and starts talking about death all the time.

Anybody catch this quote from the January 12th post?

:shock: :lol:

:shock: I hadn't noticed that! LOVE it!!!

Y'know what never ceases to amaze me? That real Maxhellions reply to those boring, repetitious, 15-photos-of-the-same-people-smiling-the-same-way blogpposts!! What's there to say, but, "Oh, how wonderful!" - and the lordly Steve-O eats it up.

Talk about making an idol of Pepsionself! :whistle:

Guest Anonymous

To our knowledge, we have never found evidence that Sarah has ever been courted. In true Maxwellian fashion, there would have been photos, I think, although maybe they wouldn't have shared it with the world like they did the boys simply because she's a girl.

Mrs Mari said she had had enquiries but they always fell through for some reason relating to Steve and Sarah's standards for marriage.

Steve and Sarah's requirements? Or Steve and Teri's?

I'm not doubting what you say Mrs. Mari said, just wondering if it was indeed the potential bride herself, or Mom-O picking the nits. ;)

Steve and Sarah's requirements? Or Steve and Teri's?

I'm not doubting what you say Mrs. Mari said, just wondering if it was indeed the potential bride herself, or Mom-O picking the nits. ;)

I remember that now, and I'm pretty sure Mrs. Mari said Steve and SARAH -- made it sound like Sarah is pretty picky, too.

Guest Anonymous

I remember that now, and I'm pretty sure Mrs. Mari said Steve and SARAH -- made it sound like Sarah is pretty picky, too.

Yes, that is what I remember. I don't know for sure if any of what Mrs Mari said was true, but the things she posted as Queen Mother had high internal consistency, IMO. And I remember us having a discussion about how it kind of made sense that Sarah herself was picky, since she had grown up being taught the bullshit about judging other people's clothes, no trusting the friends she used to sleepover with etc.

FWIW, my personal opinion is that when Steve dies, Sarah will be one of the hardest hit because she has internalised so many of Steve's beliefs, tht she will find it very hard to cope if the others, who are younger, decide to lighten up and move on.

Yes, that is what I remember. I don't know for sure if any of what Mrs Mari said was true, but the things she posted as Queen Mother had high internal consistency, IMO. And I remember us having a discussion about how it kind of made sense that Sarah herself was picky, since she had grown up being taught the bullshit about judging other people's clothes, no trusting the friends she used to sleepover with etc.

FWIW, my personal opinion is that when Steve dies, Sarah will be one of the hardest hit because she has internalised so many of Steve's beliefs, tht she will find it very hard to cope if the others, who are younger, decide to lighten up and move on.

Good point. I think John, Anna, and Mary all have the potential to lighten up, especially if they don't end up living near the compound. It's too late for Joseph -- he's already got an out-building to the compound. And what is Jesse all about anyway? They never really talk about him. There are sometimes photos and IIRC he has a guinea pig, but what does he DO?

Guest Anonymous

Good point. I think John, Anna, and Mary all have the potential to lighten up, especially if they don't end up living near the compound. It's too late for Joseph -- he's already got an out-building to the compound. And what is Jesse all about anyway? They never really talk about him. There are sometimes photos and IIRC he has a guinea pig, but what does he DO?

All the reversal males are part of Communication Concepts Inc. Steve said something about IT work being better/easier on their bodies than construction, or some such shit. Jesse wants to serve on the missions field but Steve is waiting on the Lord about that...

Poor Jesse. What would be a more noble profession for a fundie than to go into mission work? But Stevie knows he's sheltered his son so much that it would actually probably be a dangerous environment no matter where he would go. He doesn't understand anything about the world -- about what people do that aren't his own family members. That's pretty sad. He would have no way of knowing what to do in situations he didn't predict (which would be every single on of them). Sigh. Poor Jesse.

Archived