GeoBQn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it this picture?

DSCN8635.JPG

Here's the blog.

thewestladies.blogspot.com

Oh dear G-d, these people sell homesteading DVDs that are available at my local library. Time to employ my library's barely-used review feature to let patrons know who these people are . . .

homestead-blessings.com/products.html/

I posted a comment on the Home Blessings blog saying I would never buy products from people who display a picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest in their house. I checked back today--both my comment and the picture are gone (along with the caption saying that it was painted by a family friend with a G-d-given talent.)

I've always disliked the guilt-inducing question of "is this God-honoring?" which implies that anything not directly related to obeying God is not God-honoring, and therefore bad. She does at least make the distinction that it's not inherently bad, but what good does it do if you're applying the God-honoring criteria?

I've always disliked the guilt-inducing question of "is this God-honoring?" which implies that anything not directly related to obeying God is not God-honoring, and therefore bad. She does at least make the distinction that it's not inherently bad, but what good does it do if you're applying the God-honoring criteria?

My Lutheran upbringing did not include this adjective, but I still remember a talk our pastor gave in youth group. The gist was that anything that doesn't put anybody in danger or cause upset or pain is good unless it's detracting from something we should be doing instead. BUT--identifying what we should be doing instead was our job, because we were growing up, and being able to set one's own priorities is part of being an adult.

Archived