IGNORED

Special Fundies

fundies_like_zombies

Guess i am getting less fundie tolerant! Almost all of them on their blogs post as though they are the only ones with this insight and wisdom and that everyone else is just stumbling round waiting for them to clear everything up.

I'm fairly sure that everyone knows to be saved you must first believe in God, then you must confess your sins. That part is common knowledge. But it's the part after that, the part I feel most people don't understand.

thepuresacrifice.blogspot.co.uk/

Just one example but HOW does she know that others don't understand!! Maybe they don't want to talk religion or feel it is a personal thing.

Appears to be a common theme that fundies think that not only are they the only ones doing it right but that they need to tell everyonme else that they are doing it wrong.

This has pretty much been my beef with religious people for as long as I can remember. A lot of them think they have it right, that only they have god's ear, or that their way is the only way. The rest of us are just lost sheep waiting to be rescued.

No thanks.

I think the part she says others "don't understand" is the part where they go out and spew hatred in the name of Jesus, because doesn't everyone know God wants it that way. The part I don't "understand" is how all these fundies seem to forget that the bible calls them to love others, to leave the judgement of others to God himself, and to support widows, orphans, and the poor. All things fundies conveniently forget. And for the record, loving others only in an effort to convert them to your way of thinking is manipulating and wrong.

I think it's something that isn't necessarily specific to a religion but to a personality trait. It's like someone who's discussed the most awesomeest diet in the world and simply must share it because "eating, ur doin it wrong."

That's kind of the point of fundies. At the base of it all, what ties them all together is the belief that everyone else is doing it RONG. That's what makes them so scary and dangerous, IMO. All the rules that are designed to protect society don't apply to them, because they are right, and the poor deluded suckers who need the rules, only need them because they're wrong. We have a political party in Australia (who nobody ever votes for, thank goodness) who really and truly want to force no Sunday trading because the commandment says to keep the Sabbath holy. Freedom of religion and the rules about separation of church and state don't apply to Christianity, apparently. The only reason those rules were invented was to keep the dirty brown people and the atheists and their bad, wrong religions from contaminating the one, true way.

Archived