IGNORED

Quiverfull UK

OkToBeTakei

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/wo ... amily.html

I have no idea if this has been posted before. Something somebody wrote in another thread about the UK made me google. Pound to a penny they have a blog? Anybody know?

The comments are funny. The first comment if true is very telling.

I am sure I have seen this family before and on tv think it was channel 4.

So children are a blessing mmmm well why where they helping that along on the programme when its all up to god. yeah right

When they say they draw child benefit, how much would that be for their size family per month?

£81.20 per month for 1st child.

£53.60 per month for every subsequent child.

They will also get a shed load of other benefits guaranteed. Just because he does not claim unemployment benefit, yeah right.

I am sure I have seen this family before and on tv think it was channel 4.

So children are a blessing mmmm well why where they helping that along on the programme when its all up to god. yeah right

THAT is why they look familiar. It was about large families IIRC. Don't recall them mentioning their Quivvy links though.

Its £724.40 per 4 weeks if claiming for them all.

Benefits do have a place but not when they keep having more and more.

I think they said all children where a blessing that made me remember them but nothing of QF though and there are some here in Scotland by the way not many but some I know of.

Its £724.40 per 4 weeks if claiming for them all.

Benefits do have a place but not when they keep having more and more.

I think they said all children where a blessing that made me remember them but nothing of QF though and there are some here in Scotland by the way not many but some I know of.

:shock: Noooooo!

For child benefit, you get 20.30 a week for the oldest or only child, 13.40 a week for every child thereafter.

Assuming that she doesn't get CB for the oldest two, at 19 and 20, she gets 81.20 every 4 weeks for the oldest girl, Rhiannon, and 482.40 every 4 weeks for the remaining 9. (13.40 x 4 x 9).

So she gets £563.60 every 4 weeks. There are 13 payments in a year, so that is a total of £7,326.80 a year which is $11,872.43 at today's exchange rate.

If she gets CB for either of the other two because they are still at home - under some circumstances you can receive it till the offspring is 20 - then you can increase that amount by £696.80 or $1,123.68 per year per offspring.

Don't know what his income is, but he may well be in receipt of housing benefit and unemployment benefit as well. She may get a benefit too.

Oh my, they live half an hours drive from me and I have family members in the same town :shock:

Sounds like they do a lot more round the house than some people (are you listening JimBoob, Jichelle?)

Nice house :clap:

For child benefit, you get 20.30 a week for the oldest or only child, 13.40 a week for every child thereafter.

Assuming that she doesn't get CB for the oldest two, at 19 and 20, she gets 81.20 every 4 weeks for the oldest girl, Rhiannon, and 482.40 every 4 weeks for the remaining 9. (13.40 x 4 x 9).

So she gets £563.60 every 4 weeks. There are 13 payments in a year, so that is a total of £7,326.80 a year which is $11,872.43 at today's exchange rate.

If she gets CB for either of the other two because they are still at home - under some circumstances you can receive it till the offspring is 20 - then you can increase that amount by £696.80 or $1,123.68 per year per offspring.

Don't know what his income is, but he may well be in receipt of housing benefit and unemployment benefit as well. She may get a benefit too.

DLA. I betcha ...

DLA. I betcha ...

Yes, I was thinking that too.

I'll lay you money she has Disability Living Allowance, in which case she's getting anywhere between £20.55 and £131.50 per week. ( $33 to $212 a week).

Probably because she is unable to work for some reason - back trouble, hernia, prolapse, high blood pressure . . .

DLA because of back problems related to pregnancy probably.

Also (just supposition ofc)if one of the kids has something wrong with them, they could claim.

I remember seeing them on TV too.

The other bunch of Quiverfull-ish people in the UK, is the Palmarian Catholic families. There's some near my village, fourteen kids I think, OH used to be mates with some of the boys, then their Pope made a new rule which prevented them fraternising with the enemy.

I didnt know we had proper Quiverfull people in the UK.

I just watched a show about a family with 16 kids (who were not fundie at all), instead of the new episodes of 19 kids and counting that we finally get to see over here (its Priscilla and the Gay Pecan Theif's wedding, I want to see that one! Will watch it when its repeated). They seemed very normal and the mom seems involved and to love the kids, who werent robots.

Theres a family near us who are religious and have 12 kids, but theyre Muslim. Most of the fundie type people round here are, most of the Christians I have met arent particularly religious. Not seen a Christian fundie before in real life. I thought they were an American thing.

I didnt know we had proper Quiverfull people in the UK.

I just watched a show about a family with 16 kids (who were not fundie at all), instead of the new episodes of 19 kids and counting that we finally get to see over here (its Priscilla and the Gay Pecan Theif's wedding, I want to see that one! Will watch it when its repeated). They seemed very normal and the mom seems involved and to love the kids, who werent robots.

Theres a family near us who are religious and have 12 kids, but theyre Muslim. Most of the fundie type people round here are, most of the Christians I have met arent particularly religious. Not seen a Christian fundie before in real life. I thought they were an American thing.

I am watching that on CH4 plus 1 now. I like them. Dad works hard. Cheap food? It was all fresh.

I knew about the Quiverfull Irish Zsu fan. Irishy and Aisling have that covered :lol: We need to find the GB ones :lol:

Why did I not think of that, I could have watched both! Oh well, its repeated, the first episode was shown a few times last week.

I wonder what Michelle thinks about them naming their show 16 kids and counting?

I am watching that on CH4 plus 1 now. I like them. Dad works hard. Cheap food? It was all fresh.

I knew about the Quiverfull Irish Zsu fan. Irishy and Aisling have that covered :lol: We need to find the GB ones :lol:

I just had a google, and I can't find any!

I wonder is it because in the UK, even isolated places are only isolated to an extent, so they can't build massive compounds and keep their thirty children away from ungodly influences properly?

ETA: the Irish Quiverfull one is actually really shit, i think she is more of a fan girl who will grow out of it.

Check the Palmarians though. They wouldn't called themselves QF, but the intent is there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmarian_Catholic_Church

DLA because of back problems related to pregnancy probably.

Also (just supposition ofc)if one of the kids has something wrong with them, they could claim.

I remember seeing them on TV too.

The other bunch of Quiverfull-ish people in the UK, is the Palmarian Catholic families. There's some near my village, fourteen kids I think, OH used to be mates with some of the boys, then their Pope made a new rule which prevented them fraternising with the enemy.

Not convinced on DLA. Its VERY hard to get. She will get child tax credit, plus working tax credit if he is self employed. Then there's housing benefit if they dont own their home. No council tax to pay either. They won't be short of a few bob if they live frugaly.

One of the commenters says that the children are well educated...I wonder how that is seeing as they only have 2 hours of schooling per day.

Archived