IGNORED

The Arndt Lego Adventure continues

0 kids n not countin

Terrible of me, but I hope we're still together when mama or papa Arndt passes on or becomes too enfeebled to parent the offspring. I want to see how these "children" function without governorship. I want to see the Maxwells when Steve is gone also.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Terrible of me, but I hope we're still together when mama or papa Arndt passes on or becomes too enfeebled to parent the offspring. I want to see how these "children" function without governorship. I want to see the Maxwells when Steve is gone also.

I hope to be around to see this happen as well. I do hope the "children" don't completely implode. Their lives have been so sad already, and I'd hate to see them experience more devastation. But I am curious as to what all will go down.

my thoughts exactly.

I agree, and I never thought any family would weird me out as much as the Maxwells.

I used to think maybe Sarah could be matched up with an Arndt but I can't see either family willing to let their kid go.

Oooooo. I'm coming up with all sorts of horror film screenplays now.

Yes! Manchildren may be the only thing creepier than possessed little girls!

Oooooo. I'm coming up with all sorts of horror film screenplays now.

Oh, jeez. I got a ghastly momentary flashback of the X-Files episode "Home". :puke-front:

Nope!

But they will always have their Legos.....and the penguin.

Poor guys. Bogart and Bergman had Paris, all they'll ever get is Legos and penguins.

Oh, jeez. I got a ghastly momentary flashback of the X-Files episode "Home". :puke-front:

That was one of the creepiest episodes that actually freaked me out.

The Arndts are the saddest of the bunch, because they just seem like such nice guys. Innocent and boyish, but not unfixable if Mommy Dearest would ever release the leashes. They don't seem super smug, like the Doug Phillips family or lazy and tedious like Smuggar. And they work out, which is a commendable trait in my shallow opinion.

But they've been terrorized into believing that there's nowhere safe but home. I just want to coax them out, like scared puppies.

That was one of the creepiest episodes that actually freaked me out.

Yup! I only was able to watch it once, never in reruns (I think that they actually decided to stop airing reruns of it because so many people are disturbed by it), but anyway, yes i did think of that!

Something that is driving me nuts...why are the Arndts still playing with toddler blocks? Those big waffle blocks? My mom bought those for my younger siblings when they were toddlers....I think that she gave them away when my youngest brother was 3. Granted, my older brother and I would use them to make cages for the little ones when we were young teens and have contests to see who could make the tallest tower without it falling over (usually while babysitting, so we didn't have too many options for entertaining ourselves). The Arndts don't have any toddlers, so why keep them???

As for Legos...I love them! My kids love them, sometimes I will play with them with the kids....rarely on my own (when I do I'm usually trying to replicate something real, to see if I can do it) and i can't imagine playing with Legos being a big, exciting part of my day.

Yup! I only was able to watch it once, never in reruns (I think that they actually decided to stop airing reruns of it because so many people are disturbed by it), but anyway, yes i did think of that!

Something that is driving me nuts...why are the Arndts still playing with toddler blocks? Those big waffle blocks? My mom bought those for my younger siblings when they were toddlers....I think that she gave them away when my youngest brother was 3. Granted, my older brother and I would use them to make cages for the little ones when we were young teens and have contests to see who could make the tallest tower without it falling over (usually while babysitting, so we didn't have too many options for entertaining ourselves). The Arndts don't have any toddlers, so why keep them???

As for Legos...I love them! My kids love them, sometimes I will play with them with the kids....rarely on my own (when I do I'm usually trying to replicate something real, to see if I can do it) and i can't imagine playing with Legos being a big, exciting part of my day.

Sadly, in Arndt land there is no difference between a toddler and a 27 year old man. They are all children under the headship of Mama and Papa Arndt and will be kept there forever juvenile. Its a truly sick situation. Even their bedrooms look like those of a toddler.

I think the answer to your question is in your post.

They don't have much else to do with their lives. I think there are 9 or 10 adult sons, so I doubt their businesses are keeping everyone consistently busy. They aren't going out with friends or on dates and there isn't much work for them to do outside in the winter. I'd probably end up breaking out the kiddie blocks too.

Court reporting as a profession is going the way of the telegraph, probably sooner rather than later. Digital court reporting will eventually take over most of the work. Rick has to know this. Hopefully he has a back up plan.

Could you imagine letting your daughter marry one of them? If i had raised a daughter to be completely reliant on a man, I wouldn't let her go with someone who seemed slow. I don't see backbone in any of them and the world may crush them.

I think the answer to your question is in your post.

They don't have much else to do with their lives. I think there are 9 or 10 adult sons, so I doubt their businesses are keeping everyone consistently busy. They aren't going out with friends or on dates and there isn't much work for them to do outside in the winter. I'd probably end up breaking out the kiddie blocks too.

Court reporting as a profession is going the way of the telegraph, probably sooner rather than later. Digital court reporting will eventually take over most of the work. Rick has to know this. Hopefully he has a back up plan.

Hmm, I think you are right, the lack of age appropriate activities leads them to do stuff that is for little kids out of mind numbing boredom.....that makes me wonder if the realize that this isn't normal, but accept it as their normal.

A while back someone posted that they saw the Arndts at Wal Mart and I was so jealous. Well, this morning I went to a new dentist cause we moved and I could not shake my spidey sense that the picture of 6 kids on the wall triggered. Turns out that I had my own real life encounter that lasted 2 hrs(swear am not making that up-he loved to witness). When I asked him point blank was he a member of partiarchal legalism (while he was reading Titus 2 to me about purity and godly womanhood) he just looked at me kind of blankly. I had to use an example (Duggars) and then he denied it, but as the assistant was finishing my cleaning & polishing my teeth she was quietly whispering that I was right in my assumptions. I know this is off topic, but I don't know how to start a new thread and I was just busting to tell someone who would know what the hell I was talking about. Told my husband about it and told him not to get any fancy ideas when he goes the 23rd to get his teeth cleaned and talks to the dentist. He totally failed to understand my excitement so I decided to post here and tell my people :D ;)

I guess Arkansas isn't sooo boring now. :dance:

The whole thing felt so fucking surreal. I almost had to pinch myself. I really wanted to challenge some of what he was saying, but he was so damn nice about it. Besides, I suck at confrontation and he was just so damn nice. He even took a phone call from his wife in the exam room and must have told her 3 or 4 times in a 5 min conversation that he loved her. Long story short, I'm checking out the church his hygenist goes to. 8-)

Has anybody watched the Safe at Home series the Arndt's put out. I can't watch them on my iPad but I have a feeling they are very telling. Did any of them go to college? How do they support themselves and their mini media empire? Fascinating.

The whole thing felt so fucking surreal. I almost had to pinch myself. I really wanted to challenge some of what he was saying, but he was so damn nice about it. Besides, I suck at confrontation and he was just so damn nice. He even took a phone call from his wife in the exam room and must have told her 3 or 4 times in a 5 min conversation that he loved her. Long story short, I'm checking out the church his hygenist goes to. 8-)

That's how they draw you in. He probably saw you as a nice and easy going person who would go with the flow in an effort to be polite... I bet next time you're in his office he'll try to get you to go his church or something. What he did is so incredibley unprofessional. I wonder if you shouldn't report him to the local dentist's association and/or put what you experience on Angie's list (or other review sites). Unless your husband throws off the same super nice and easy going vibe as you that he won't experience the same b.s.

Can you go to a different dentist? Or at least someone else within his practice? I've noticed even with insurers that they have ways to leave comments so that if someone is looking to find a doc online they can see comments left by other patients. He needs to know that pushing his religious views on patients is WRONG. You went there for medical treatment and not prostelytizing. People sitting in a chair whose mouths are being worked on are in a vulnerable position. You can't really talk back to him and you're not really in the position to get up and walk out. And it sounds like he does this to other people.

I urge you to help stop this douche bag and his agenda.

And this one by Seth Arndt:

With a picture of the toothbrush... This guy is 21 for god sake :shock:

:o Holy crap!!! :shock:

I remember getting a new toothbrush at my dentist...When I was 6 yrs old!!

:o Holy crap!!! :shock:

I remember getting a new toothbrush at my dentist...When I was 6 yrs old!!

My dentist gives adults toothbrushes (the good kind, too); in fact we get a whole baggie of samples. When I was 6 years-old I got stickers and little trinket toys.

That's how they draw you in. He probably saw you as a nice and easy going person who would go with the flow in an effort to be polite... I bet next time you're in his office he'll try to get you to go his church or something. What he did is so incredibley unprofessional. I wonder if you shouldn't report him to the local dentist's association and/or put what you experience on Angie's list (or other review sites). Unless your husband throws off the same super nice and easy going vibe as you that he won't experience the same b.s.

Can you go to a different dentist? Or at least someone else within his practice? I've noticed even with insurers that they have ways to leave comments so that if someone is looking to find a doc online they can see comments left by other patients. He needs to know that pushing his religious views on patients is WRONG. You went there for medical treatment and not prostelytizing. People sitting in a chair whose mouths are being worked on are in a vulnerable position. You can't really talk back to him and you're not really in the position to get up and walk out. And it sounds like he does this to other people.

I urge you to help stop this douche bag and his agenda.

While I agree that it's especially annoying to have to deal with a dentist who is spouting religious or political views while the cotton in your mouth prevents you from responding, they have First Amendment rights just like the rest of us. And I see a potential upside for him if reviews are left complaining only about the proselytizing - fundies could flock to him.

I'd just tell his staff when I was checking out why I wouldn't be returning for another visit and then find another dentist.

Archived