IGNORED

The Arndt Lego Adventure continues

0 kids n not countin

Why is everyone saying that mama arndt is in charge? Isn't our normally the dad in these types of families? I confess I haven't seen the videos so there may be abundant evidence there that she is pulling the strings.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is everyone saying that mama arndt is in charge? Isn't our normally the dad in these types of families? I confess I haven't seen the videos so there may be abundant evidence there that she is pulling the strings.

Check out the pix. Mama wears short shorts and shows cleavage. And the pix of her with hand on son's chest, and son on family bed with his arm around her. My take is that only a woman can control that many man/boy offspring.

Check out the pix. Mama wears short shorts and shows cleavage. And the pix of her with hand on son's chest, and son on family bed with his arm around her. My take is that only a woman can control that many man/boy offspring.

yeah that body language is definitely suggestive . . .

Partner and i love some Lego play too....... with our 5 and 7 year old sons. That's the normal way for people in their thirties to play with Lego.

I still have my sons' Lego sets. Over the holidays when they were all home the three boys (34 & 30 twins) with their partners they had a Lego buidling contest, should have taken pictures. They even went out and purchased more (2 hour round trip) to complete their projects. When it was all over I still have the Legos plus some. Saving them for the grandkids.

We love to play LEGO with our nephew (9) and not gonna lie, the idea of putting a remote-controlled helicopter into the mix seems really fun---must check with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law to see if we can get the nephew one for just this scenario.

How young is the youngest Arndt? Maybe the adult brothers are entertaining brothers for whom this is reasonably age-appropriate? Of course not, what am I thinking.

My brother is almost 25 and his favorite thing about making his own money is being able to buy whatever legos he wants without having to beg our parents.

That said, there is a difference between an adult being successful and having an advanced degree and/or having a career who likes to build/play with legos as a fun activity and an adult who is a man-child who only plays with legos.

I still have my sons' Lego sets. Over the holidays when they were all home the three boys (34 & 30 twins) with their partners they had a Lego buidling contest, should have taken pictures. They even went out and purchased more (2 hour round trip) to complete their projects. When it was all over I still have the Legos plus some. Saving them for the grandkids.

Lego last pretty much forever. As kids we (my sister and I) got a set as our standard gift every birthday, hers and mine. Plus we bought a bunch with New Year loot. That added up to quite a few. She now has them all, simply because she's the one who had kids, and they are enjoying them now, and still adding to it every birthday of those kids too.

When I was in elementary school in DC though, I had a friend who was Danish. It's the origin of Lego, and she had more of them than I could ever dream of, plus curved ones and things that at the time weren't for sale in either US or Japan versions. She had the city ones, with Danish signs for the "police" and whatnot, we played at her house every day with these and it was awesome. Aside fron that though, she went back to Denmark every summer vacation and would go to Tivoli gardens where they had a Legoland (at the time the only one in the world) and to say I was jealous would be serious understatement!!

(To tie into other threads I'll say we're all girls and hey, no pink anything here.)

But yes. Lego was the best gift, and I'm happy to see the next generation in my family continuing to value it. BUT! My young girl cousins are being raised to aim high in education so that they can get high-ranking JOBS. With people not in their families!! That's the difference.

I read "Lego adventures" and thought "Oh God, more Arndt sexytimes." Not that this is much less disturbing. I'm a geek for Lego, too, but there would be a problem if it was the most important thing to happen to me in any given day.

As for their conversations in the comments of their blog, I think they want to make it look like their blog post has organically spurred a discussion, but don't realize how fake it looks when it's the same guys commenting over and over again while obviously sitting in the same room. Look Arndt manboys, if you want to have a conversation but can't stand each other's voices, there are plenty of instant messaging programs that let you do that without boring your blog's readers to death.

The Arndts manage to be creepier than the Maxwells. That is saying something.

This. I was just thinking that an Arndt/Maxwell pairing was out of the question, not because of Mama Arndt's daisy dukes, but because RIck would probably consider the Maxwell girls to be too worldly for his sons.

My kids LOVE to play Legos. They are so freakin' expensive, though! Thankfully my SIL who is a SAHD, though not fundie, dug out their quite extensive collection from childhood. The kids have a huge underbed sweater storage bin full of Legos to play with, most of them nearly 30 years old. They'll sit for hours and play quietly together. Of course, I don't keep the kids IN the underbed storage bin to play with them. lol FWIW, we don't do pink Legos here, either. They do have other interests outside of Legos and stuffed animals. My 4 yo IS pretty fond of "pengees" though. ;0) Guess we better nip that one in the bud while we can!

Last night I dreamt I was Mary-Elizabeth andd Sam from Supernatural was one of my brothers :shock: I blame this thread.

Offtopic, why do Americans refer to Lego in the plural? Isn't Lego a plural word?

in·fan·til·ize (nfn-tl-z, n-fn-)

tr.v. in·fan·til·ized, in·fan·til·iz·ing, in·fan·til·iz·es

1. To reduce to an infantile state or condition: "It creates a crisis that infantilizes themcauses grown men to squabble like kids about trivial things" (New Yorker).

2. To treat or condescend to as if still a young child: "The Victorian physician infantilized his patient" (Judith Moore).

3. (mine--since the other two definitions are insufficient) To manipulate and control other human beings to the point to where they are dependent and in a state of perpetual early childhood. Even speech patterns may be affected. More common in fundie families than in the general population and when present is indicative of pathology in the family system. (Example: Arndt family of Illinois)

What makesme saddest is thinking how utterly destroyed these boys are going to be when their parents die.

I'm kind of hopeful that they'll be set free mentally and emotionally, not to mention literally, for the first time.

{edited at the request of the poster - luckylibrarian]

Does mother-son sexual abuse come to mind to anyone else? or am i just a terrible person to think that?

Not sure, but what they're doing to their kids is abuse even without the sexual type IMO.

Last night I dreamt I was Mary-Elizabeth andd Sam from Supernatural was one of my brothers :shock: I blame this thread.

Offtopic, why do Americans refer to Lego in the plural? Isn't Lego a plural word?

The full name is Lego (brand) building blocks. I don't think it is a noun at all, but we use it as one. Kind of like Kleenix--some say kleenix, some say kleenixes. Doesn't matter that much, really. I have never understood why Brits put an s on the end of Math. Too hard to say! ;)

Another thing: I took a look at their FB page and found one of their videos, in which they go on a vacation to NC. It's the one where Papa Arndt starts the "Safe at Home" series, which he had apparently been having problems beginning. (Aw, gee! :lol: ) Anyway, in it one of the man-boys says something to the effect that it's nice to get away and spend quality time with the family.

He was apparently perfectly serious. :?

Come on Seth, get a life...

Seth Arndt:

I just snapped this shot of Peter and his tower. He’s just starting his bombardment of it. :)

IMG_20130113_182036.jpg

Seth Arndt:

I wonder why this kind of stuff is fun — building a building to knock it down.

IMG_20130113_182811.jpg

If you watch any of the FamTeam TV shows, it's pretty clear they speak to each other all the time. Actually, they never shut up. Outsiders are probably a different story though.

They also watch TV. Here's a (overly long) video of the oldest "boys" pretending to be professional atheletes, interviewers, and fans.

atT2kUNaL60

Warning - At about 12:50, prepare to be defauded by a shirtless Arndt boy with a big "J" on his chest. Fundie fail.

At about 17:10 you'll see Luke Arndt pretending to be an interviewer. Worth noting because his sing-song accent is less severe than most of his brothers.

:shock: Grown men pretending anything (and filming it!), outside of playing with their own or related children......or kinky sex, is seriously disturbing!

They are never, ever, ever getting married. Ever.

Nope!

But they will always have their Legos.....and the penguin.

Can you just see them really old, still all together, sitting around in their wheelchairs clutching penguins and playing with Legos?

Archived