IGNORED

The Arndt Lego Adventure continues

0 kids n not countin

Seriously boys, enough with the legos already....

Just can't imagine what it must be like to be in ones 20's and "get" to stay home and play with legos all day.

Seth Arndt:

Nato wasn’t quite able to save the Lego atop the building. We’ll have to try again later when the battery is fully recharged.

Jude Arndt:

Maybe if he had something sticky hanging from a rope on the chopper?

James Arndt:

I think he already has a magnet on the chopper and Obi-Wan Kenobi (the lego guy).

This reminds me a lot of SimCopter when you would have those rooftop rescue missions. That was one of my favorite games a while back!

IMG_20130110_133836_2.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:angry-screaming: :angry-banghead:

Do you think Mama Arndt castrated them all when they were little? I'm only half joking here. But if she had, they wouldn't have secondary sex characteristics, I guess...

Jesus...I don't even.

You know what I don't understand? As a mom, I absolutely know it will be a hard adjustment when my "babies" grow up and go, but honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. I WANT them to have lives, and careers, and homes, and families. I WANT them to make their own choices, and have all of the opportunities that I have had. It would crush me to see them sitting home watching their lives pass them by, and it would terrify me to walk into my living room and discover a bunch of grown men playing legos and stuffed animals.

Do these people ever wonder what the hell they've done wrong that none of their "children" have been able to transition into adulthood? Do they pause and think when their they tuck their 30 year old into his bunk bed with his stuffed penguin? That has got to be the most abnormal feeling in the world.

My son is 9 and my daughter is turning 8 in March. Already I can see them becoming independent. They have their own thoughts...they question things...they don't always want me to baby them as much. And you know what? I find joy in that. I know that they are strong and that they will grow up and be okay. That's how it's supposed to be.

Oh.My.God. I'm going to try to quit clicking on anything about this family, seriously. My mind just gets more and more scrambled when I try to imagine their lives. Why do they fucking do that to their kids? I have 2 children and can't imagine being happy that at 30 or so they would be so screwed up that they would happily live at home and have no gumption to make their own way in the world or normal breeding instincts that most of us begin to notice at about 12 years old.

The mother always seems to get the blame by shrinks, but in this case I really believe there is something deeply wrong and disturbing about that woman.

And this one by Seth Arndt:

For sitting still and behaving at my dentist appointment, I get a fresh new toothbrush.

With a picture of the toothbrush... This guy is 21 for god sake :shock:

There has to be something really really fucking bad going on with this family. This is not normal behaviour for either the adult children or the parents.

Oh.My.God. I'm going to try to quit clicking on anything about this family, seriously. My mind just gets more and more scrambled when I try to imagine their lives. Why do they fucking do that to their kids? I have 2 children and can't imagine being happy that at 30 or so they would be so screwed up that they would happily live at home and have no gumption to make their own way in the world or normal breeding instincts that most of us begin to notice at about 12 years old.

The mother always seems to get the blame by shrinks, but in this case I really believe there is something deeply wrong and disturbing about that woman.

This family is just off the charts. I thought the Maxwells took the cake as far as sheltering and controlling their kids until I started reading more about the Arndts and watching their videos.

I am thinking that this is all coming from Mama Arndt. I think the whole family, including Papa, has been programmed from the get-go to do whatever she wants and behind closed doors, she can be a real banshee when she doesn't get her way. Unfortunately, getting her way involves keeping her kids in perpetual childhood and doing unbelievable damage to them.

:angry-screaming: :angry-banghead:

Do you think Mama Arndt castrated them all when they were little? I'm only half joking here. But if she had, they wouldn't have secondary sex characteristics, I guess...

Actually this thought crossed my mind many times.

I'm in my 20s and like the idea of playing with Lego, but I don't sit around and play with toys all day. This family seriously disturbs me and I really worry for the daughter. It's not natural how they don't seem to have matured beyond the age of twelve.

If they're in the same house, why are they "talking" to each other on their blog?

I know. It is so weird. They won't allow comments from anyone else. It is like they are afraid to allow others to interact with them.

I know. It is so weird. They won't allow comments from anyone else. It is like they are afraid to allow others to interact with them.

Along those lines, there was a poster here who recently reported seeing the mom and one of the kids in a store and they didn't even speak to anyone, including each other. Very weird.

Say what?! I don't follow their blog. And I aint going 2 :shock:

Edit: I'm such a liar...heading over 2 see what level of fucked up they r today.

The Arndt Family

P.O. Box 800

Belleville, IL 62222

I keep wanting to write letters to them asking wtf???

I would, but Daddy is almost certainly the only one with the key to the P.O. box and he's probably reading this thread now. So it wouldn't likely be worth the price of the stamp. You can email the older boys directly, but that would probably be intercepted as well.

Hi Rick! I know you think we're a bunch of evil heathen bitches doomed for all eternity, but even if that were 100% true, you are still royally fucking up your kids' lives. Asshole.

Along those lines, there was a poster here who recently reported seeing the mom and one of the kids in a store and they didn't even speak to anyone, including each other. Very weird.

Maybe they are not allowed to speak very much? Does that explain the voice impediment? The communication at the blog? The silence at Walmart?

Weird. Weird. Weird.

ETA: there were times when my parents were married that my father demanded complete silence. This is why I'm thinking along these lines. It is one way to absolutely control the people in your family. I can sit for hours and entertain myself... years of practice from when I was a child.

I...just do not understand this at all. These people win the award for weirdest family in America. What kind of hold over these boys does Mama Arndt have that she can keep grown men in their 20's and early 30's so emotionally stunted, without any of them eventually completely losing it (which could happen at some point still)? It's just so bizarre. I too worry for the one girl in the group.

At least some of her brothers are calling her by her actual name now and from the picture taken at her birthday dinner she looks more age appropriate. Just wish she had been with friends her own age in her birthday pic.*sigh*

Maybe they are not allowed to speak very much? Does that explain the voice impediment? The communication at the blog? The silence at Walmart?

If you watch any of the FamTeam TV shows, it's pretty clear they speak to each other all the time. Actually, they never shut up. Outsiders are probably a different story though.

They also watch TV. Here's a (overly long) video of the oldest "boys" pretending to be professional atheletes, interviewers, and fans.

atT2kUNaL60

Warning - At about 12:50, prepare to be defauded by a shirtless Arndt boy with a big "J" on his chest. Fundie fail.

At about 17:10 you'll see Luke Arndt pretending to be an interviewer. Worth noting because his sing-song accent is less severe than most of his brothers.

Jesus...I don't even.

You know what I don't understand? As a mom, I absolutely know it will be a hard adjustment when my "babies" grow up and go, but honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. I WANT them to have lives, and careers, and homes, and families. I WANT them to make their own choices, and have all of the opportunities that I have had. It would crush me to see them sitting home watching their lives pass them by, and it would terrify me to walk into my living room and discover a bunch of grown men playing legos and stuffed animals.

I used to hear that the teenage years are designed to help parents get ready to let their young adult children fly from the nest - because they make you so crazy you are ready to pack for them! My son is 14 and going through those years. Sometimes he's an absolute pleasure - and we can talk and laugh and have a great time together. Other times, he's moody, sullen, blames me for which way the wind is blowing, etc. and I want to just scream.

I have always thought that children are only temporarily given into your care, but that the primary job of parenting is to prepare them for adulthood and being able to cope when they are on their own. If my son is still living at home and behaving like a 15-year old in ten years, I will have failed as a parent.

I'm in my 20s and like the idea of playing with Lego, but I don't sit around and play with toys all day. This family seriously disturbs me and I really worry for the daughter. It's not natural how they don't seem to have matured beyond the age of twelve.

This. I'm in my 40's and like a good Lego session (particularly the modern ones where they're programmable) and play plenty of board games too, but I also, like, have a JOB and SUPPORT MYSELF and share adult interests with a SPOUSE.

It's the lack of all non-family contact and the lack of independent decisions that disturbs me the most about these lifestyles. Plenty of people live in the same house they grew up in with their parents AND their kids, plenty of people enjoy playing games, but that doesn't make them permanently KIDS (because they're independent actors outside of the house with full adult input into the family house decisions) - this family though, and the Maxwells? They're permanently kids. It's creepy.

Archived