IGNORED

Whiner lady's house and why I am happy!!

OkToBeTakei

So I was nosing and she pins to pinterest houses she likes. I have no idea of property values in different areas of the USA but she tends to be at the $350,000 mark on those she looks at. Which being generous is about £215,000 take a few.

I am happy because no way will she ever move to the UK :lol:

Unless she wants this..

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 38906.html

London. We don't have Costco, or not very many. But B&Q do a great line in shelving.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... miumA=true

Bristol. Well we need a few FJ'ers to keep an eye. I figured she would need a garden. This should work :D

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 63942.html

Edinburgh. 2 bedrooms and a few stairs. But tenements have really high ceilings so stacking not a problem. JFC can teach her about culture and Kebabs.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 93092.html

Beautiful Wales. Great house just what she needs. But I have a feeling Whiner lady would have an issue with ex-LA. Just have a feeling :lol:

Sorry America. It looks like you are keeping her.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, she could find somewhere near me, there's some massive old country houses going for next to nothing...

If she comes to N.I though, she'll get her windys done in :D

Can you imagine all the things she could find to complain about if she moved to a different country?

Can you imagine all the things she could find to complain about if she moved to a different country?

Wow. Yeah. I never thought of that. The hours of entertainment her whining would give.

I think Aisling wants her in NI we should send her some property schedules. :D

:lol: She would love that!

I would pay to watch a show about her trying to live in that for a couple of months. She would just die. :lol:

Wow, that was enlightening. Granted, I live in probably one of the cheapest areas on the east coast of the US, ( with the possible exception of northern Maine), but I think 350,000 is exorbitant for what Whiner is looking for. Those more rural UK properties were amazing. The London and Dublin ones seem lower in price than the equivalent in NYC.

Wow. Yeah. I never thought of that. The hours of entertainment her whining would give.

I think Aisling wants her in NI we should send her some property schedules. :D

I do, yeah, it would mean everyone over here would stop bickering with each other and unite in a common hatred against Whiner :D

I'd probably get a Nobel prize for it

Well, we've had a property crash from the global downturn. That apartment would have sold for 700k five years ago. There is a massive glut of apartments on the market here in Ireland. Nobody wants them. We irish like our patch of grass lol

Prices very in the US. In my city prices are lower then in neighboring suburb type cities. I could get a huge house here for that price, but a couple of years ago my ex bought a small 3 bedroom with a living room, dining room, kitchen and no landscaping (not much grass TBH) for that price, 60 miles away.

Prices very in the US. In my city prices are lower then in neighboring suburb type cities. I could get a huge house here for that price, but a couple of years ago my ex bought a small 3 bedroom with a living room, dining room, kitchen and no landscaping (not much grass TBH) for that price, 60 miles away.

Prices vary wildly from one place to another in the US. I live in Northern Virginia about 45 miles from DC, Our 2 bed condo was 230K near the bottom of the market when we bought it, the value dipped a little after we bought it but has slowly been coming back up. My brothers house with 3 bed plus bonus room and finished attic 20 minutes outside Raleigh in North Carolina was around 230K. My parents crappy ranch in central NJ is worth around 500K which they paid 32k for in 1978. It really depends on where you are $350K will get you something nice in the outer suburbs and something OK in the inner ones.

I like! Three acres is my ideal piece of land - I'm planning the garden already...

I'd need at least 2 million to buy that around me!

I do, yeah, it would mean everyone over here would stop bickering with each other and unite in a common hatred against Whiner :D

I'd probably get a Nobel prize for it

Peace for your country brought about by one crazy, selfish American. We shall try to send her over as soon as possible. :lol:

I wish our house prices were comparable to America.

House prices in America vary greatly. Some of the places OkToBeTakei posted are comparable to what $315K can buy in my area of California (one or two of them look like they are bigger than what I can get here.)

So, the good news is that I also have no chance of Whiner lady being my neighbor. Woot!

Bad news, Mr. Womb and I live in a small rental condo that costs more than the rent we receive from our two considerably larger rental properties in another state (both of which we tried to sell at a loss, but could not.) And yet, I still manage to not complain about my horrible lot in life on a blog.

PS -- the Bristol house made me claustrophobic.

Wow that is some huge differences in price/size/area.

I would say very generally that the UK is pitched from NYC prices to California type. Obviously there are cheaper options and not so great areas but nowhere will you get the type of house she has for that price.

This is really interesting.

Also I'm moving to Texas ..I would love to see what I would get. Too jealous to look.

OH WAIT!

Dream over. I just realised most of my budget would go on health insurance huh? :(

Archived