IGNORED

TWoP Howard Does It Again

Coconut Flan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They seriously have that rule? I just had a look at these forums and there are some threads showing 500, 700, 1000 pages and more, going back years I'd assume! Surely they don't enforce that?

Not that I want to defend TWoP in anyway, but the rules aren't that strict...I want to say it's 15 pages or a some set period of time (a few weeks, maybe?), whichever is further back.

15/15 which threw me at first. So 15 pages or 15 days I think.

TWOP is still a huge site and many threads move very quickly, so obviously there are many people who still post there and can live with the overbearing rules. In some ways, the obsessively strict moderation is TWOP's "brand," their trademark. They market themselves as the forum with high standards, where threads will always stay on topic, where there is no annoying netspeak allowed, the discussion will never degenerate into mememe-ing, and reading the whole thread is required prior to posting, so as to avoid people making the same point over and over or asking the same question over and over. That sort of thing appeals to a lot of people.

Thanks. This makes some sense, though I think Howie is petulant.

15 pages is a lot! I used to post there, but the mods are just way too annoying. If you are banned, you're banned for life, and I believe they started doing it by ISP. So if you post, you need to have a backup ID in case you are banned. It got too complex so I just quit bothering. Plus, I used to like the John and Kate thread and that was banned forever.

I just checked the sight and there isn't anything new on it. Has TWoP Howard forgotten to open it, or have people lost interest as a result of the censorship? :naughty:

Apparently TWoP Howard does not know that the weekend is over. He/she said that it would be closed for the weekend.

I came here after Howie "warned" me about posting when Zach Bates won his municipal election. Guess that was a big no-no. Too many innane rules there. Cheers to Free Jinger!!!

It is not the first time the mods forgot to reopen a thread. You could always pm him, if you really care.

15/15 means " read the last 15 pages or the last 15 days of posts whichever comes first." Howard is female. She signed a pm with a female name (not Pat :) )

I have often lurked at TWOP in the Duggar thread and Sister Wive's thread and I never even signed up for an account to post because of Howard. I didn't appreciate the snipping of comments and little remarks he made and didn't want to open myself up to that.

Speaking of bad mods, the reason I found FJ was because of Sharla over at DWOP. In my mind, she is 10 times worse than Howard! It is frustrated to have your comment not approved, or else completely tossed - not because it was mean or slanderous or false, but because the mods didn't agree with what you were saying.

City Data Forum is worse from what I hear. I have noticed a DUggar thread or two getting closed over there. I thought Sharla had loosened up a bit. Why they choose to be so picky with the Duggars like calling them Ma and Pa baffles me..

Archived