IGNORED

TWoP Howard Does It Again

Coconut Flan

I did register at TWoP and maybe posted once or twice, but while I never got any warnings from the mods there, I went back to lurking without logging in. I did find out about FJ from TWoP, so this is where I get the chance to really snark on fundies.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing that bothers me is that the mods admit to not watching the shows that they moderate. This came out I believe when people were getting warned for posting about the Davilla wedding on the Duggar thread. Howard had no idea that it was shown on the program.

Howard also moderates the Boardwalk Empire forums, and seems to watch the show, because he actually participates in threads about the episodes. That said, he edits the hell out of pretty much everyone else's posts. It's so annoying to see almost every other post begin with [snip] and a note at the end that says "reason for edit: tone." Or "off-topic, opinion as fact, manners."

I poked around to try to find someone to complain to about PowerHowie but couldn't. Any suggestions?

I believe TWoP is still owned by Bravo and this is the best I could find: http://www.bravotv.com/contact

When you click on "Contact Info" at the TWoP site, you go nowhere.

I posted once or twice there some time back but was warned by Howard over something so trivial that I never went back, however, I'd be happy to contribute to a strongly worded email campaign about that annoying little Hitler.

It's just not us either; google "television without pity howard mod douche". I think it would be easy to get a posse together.

TWoP has spawned several websites over banning and thread closures. I would never have found FJ if it were not for the "Jon and Kate" smack-down. I think it was over the same set up, members were discussing something that were happened on the show.. and the mods had no idea the discussion was about stuff that actually aired. (maybe they just didn't believe how much crazy would end up on a "family" reality TV show?)

Kind of glad they shut it down, found FJ and some other great sites as a result.

I believe TWoP is still owned by Bravo and this is the best I could find: http://www.bravotv.com/contact

When you click on "Contact Info" at the TWoP site, you go nowhere.

I posted once or twice there some time back but was warned by Howard over something so trivial that I never went back, however, I'd be happy to contribute to a strongly worded email campaign about that annoying little Hitler.

It's just not us either; google "television without pity howard mod douche". I think it would be easy to get a posse together.

Thanks. I submitted a complaint, asking that Howard be replaced. Perhaps if enough of us did so, something might come of it.

I'm not familiar with these forums ~ and by the sounds of it, I don't want to be!

I didn't know much about TWOP's history before I joined which was in 2008. I became more of an active poster in 2009. I got a warning over something stupid in 16 and Pregnant thread and sometime after that I was posting on the IMBD board for that show and several other people complained about TWOP. Later on, I did more research on twop and saw how many people had left or had been banned. I think my last posting on twop was back in 2011. I really don't care to post there again. If I start posting again it will probably be in the scripted show threads.

I've only checked out TWOP a few times, but it must have been after Bravo fucked it up since it's always been bad from what I saw.

I checked out one of the links posted above where people were complaining about Gadget, Howard, and Strega, most of it would make sense to anyone who has ever been a member of a forum... but what's "boards on boards"? It makes no sense. Even with examples of "board on board" warnings and bans I can't figure it out.

Here's their explanation for "boards on boards":

When a moderator says something is "boards-on-boards," that means that instead of being about the show, the subject of your post is the site, the posters, or the trend in the conversation.

Here are a few examples of how boards-on-boards conversations can get started:

"Most of you seem to be watching the show so you can nitpick and complain; I just want to be entertained."

"Wow, the comments here are very different from those at SomeOtherSite. You all are so funny!"

"I just read the posts in AnotherThread, where everyone's complaining. They're just bitter because they like that character. I'm glad to see that people in this thread are happy about what happened!"

"I've noticed that the posters at TWoP are more focused on this aspect of the show than others."

"I know this is TWoP, but I think it's sick that you people are joking about this actress being infected with the dreaded lurgi. My mother died of the lurgi and I think it's disgusting that anyone finds this sort of comment funny."

Like every other rule, it's one that the mods seem to have different interpretations for what should be enforced. When there was some upsetting news about Community that people were discussing in the thread, the mods claimed that talking about "viewers" was boards on boards since the people posting in the thread are largely viewers. Or something.

Here's their explanation for "boards on boards":

Like every other rule, it's one that the mods seem to have different interpretations for what should be enforced. When there was some upsetting news about Community that people were discussing in the thread, the mods claimed that talking about "viewers" was boards on boards since the people posting in the thread are largely viewers. Or something.

....I don't even.

Like, I understand the concept, but... I just... I don't understand. That just sounds like a bunch of twats trying their hardest to be nitpicky and handslappy.

The one thread on TWoP I have been reading and posting on for years is General Hospital (blush at the shallowness). The thread had gotten to about 12k pages without moderator drama. It has mostly been the same posters over the years. We had a few inside jokes, traditions, nicknames. Then Howard became mod. With lots of hand slapping, he made us stop what were were doing.

There was a character who was so widely hated,and when she finally was killed off, it was joked that if anyone mentioned her name she would come back. She got a nickname SWMNBM or she who must not be mentioned. Howard forbade that so now posters refer to her as Courtney, she who the mod wants her to be named. I wonder how long that post will be allowed to stand.

I was the one who posted the link to the Bateses' blog, tying it to the Duggars by saying their show is canceled, but the wedding might end up becoming an episode.

Shockingly, TWiT Howard didn't ban or even warn me and the link is still there. Bizarre.

Sometimes I think Howard is on the lazy side. I've seen several of the handslapping posts, but then the offending comments are left up.

Who is the person in his user icon? I pretend it's fabio.

I've been on TWOP for probably a decade. Generally the moderating doesn't bother me too much except for maybe a few exceptions. I made a joke about something being "not rocket surgery" (one of my favorite jokes back in the day) and got a slap on the wrist for being demeaning or something.

I'm pretty sure TWOP is where I first heard about FJ, several years ago. I mostly liked browsing the Project Ruway etc threads, or Top Chef, and the Sandra Lee thread was hilarious.

What finally put me off was finding that ridiculous forum Traffic Court, or whatever the hell they call it, where people go turn others in for comma splices or other so-called infractions. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that people apparently find glee in reporting other posters for trivial and non-abusive posts.

There was a character who was so widely hated,and when she finally was killed off, it was joked that if anyone mentioned her name she would come back. She got a nickname SWMNBM or she who must not be mentioned. Howard forbade that so now posters refer to her as Courtney, she who the mod wants her to be named. I wonder how long that post will be allowed to stand.

That's the dumbest thing ever. Funny nicknames for characters was a TWoP trademark back in the day. Paige Davis on Trading Spaces was named MPDP by one of the mods, for crying out loud.

That just sounds like a bunch of twats trying their hardest to be nitpicky and handslappy.

Actually... that sums it all up nicely :clap: :lol:

I'm pretty sure TWOP is where I first heard about FJ, several years ago. I mostly liked browsing the Project Ruway etc threads, or Top Chef, and the Sandra Lee thread was hilarious.

What finally put me off was finding that ridiculous forum Traffic Court, or whatever the hell they call it, where people go turn others in for comma splices or other so-called infractions. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that people apparently find glee in reporting other posters for trivial and non-abusive posts.

The Sandra Lee thread was fantastic.

Archived