IGNORED

TWoP Howard Does It Again

Coconut Flan

The Duggar thread is locked for the heinous sin of talking about the Bates/Paine dating/courtship/engagement whatever it is on the Duggar thread for two pages no less.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had been reading that thread here for the past couple of weeks. I don't remind the Bates being mentioned. I remember people were talking about the Asia trip and most twopers feel that the Duggars didn't deserve the trip. The mods are the main reason I don't post anymore on twop. Since the 19kac thread is locked, we might get some new members here.

I only noticed some mention of the courtship yesterday afternoon. Howard is the one who claimed two pages in the handslapping note closing the thread for the weekend.

The only thing I saw was that the Bates discussion only took up a single page at the most, and that the thread topic moved back to the Duggars before Howard decided to do some hand slapping.

I think Howard is a "she", but regardless, he/she is ridiculous. It's the freaking internet, take a chill pill!

I think Howard is a "she", but regardless, he/she is ridiculous. It's the freaking internet, take a chill pill!

Actually, I'm pretty sure Howard is a guy. There's a thread about him in chatter. Apparently this is his website (he used to post on TWOP as Orion 7):

http://www.world-tour-orion7.com/About_Me.htm

(WARNING: Extensive use of capital letters ahead!)

Yes, thank you! Bully. I was trying to articulate that but the word eluded me. He reminds me of a cop with a little power. Went right to his head.

Howard, Strega, and one of the other mods can't remember who are the reasons I stopped posting on twop. I still read there once in awhile. They seem to be less strict on some of the scripted show threads. They tend to be bigger pains on the reality show threads. Some of the rules on some threads are pretty ridiculous. One crazy example was that Casey Anthony's name couldn't be mentioned on the Nancy Grace thread during the trial and in the weeks after the trial. They don't enforce certain rules on certain threads. The mods have always been cool with people posting real time events about the Duggars via Amy Duggar's facebook, twitter, etc, but on other threads you couldn't discuss real time social networking stuff. Real time events couldn't be discussed on the Teen Mom thread. Real time events were ok on the Kardashian and the Girls Next Door threads.

The most jerkass thing I've seen from the mods was when TWOP Howard locked the 16 & Pregnant thread in September 2011 because some recent news was "so tempting to talk about" and said to PM him if a new season started. Then in March 2012, several episodes after a new season started, TWOP Gadget posted a comment, "Yes, I know, the new season has started. That's all." The thread has been locked the entire time. Gee, sorry to bother you with our trifling desire to talk about TV.

One thing that bothers me is that the mods admit to not watching the shows that they moderate. This came out I believe when people were getting warned for posting about the Davilla wedding on the Duggar thread. Howard had no idea that it was shown on the program.

One thing that bothers me is that the mods admit to not watching the shows that they moderate. This came out I believe when people were getting warned for posting about the Davilla wedding on the Duggar thread. Howard had no idea that it was shown on the program.

That bothers me too. I don't think 19kac is popular enough for the mods to even care to watch it. Someone here said that Howard does watch some of the other reality shows like Dance Moms and Say Yes To The Dress. I think the mod on Boardwalk Empire said that he/she didn't watch. With 19kac, the show doesn't get a whole lot of media attention unless it a cutesy morning show like the Today Show.

Yup he is a bully. Another FJer last year talked about incident involving Strega being very nasty to another poster for making a simple mistake.

The most jerkass thing I've seen from the mods was when TWOP Howard locked the 16 & Pregnant thread in September 2011 because some recent news was "so tempting to talk about" and said to PM him if a new season started. Then in March 2012, several episodes after a new season started, TWOP Gadget posted a comment, "Yes, I know, the new season has started. That's all." The thread has been locked the entire time. Gee, sorry to bother you with our trifling desire to talk about TV.

Yeah, God forbids you actually want to use their site to talk about television and they need to keep track of what's being posted. You know, that mod thing you get paid to do!

This is one of three splinter boards I'm a member of. Two fan bases of other shows got pissed off and started their own boards because of shitty, inconsistent moderating.

I got banned from TWoP by TWoP Howard, which is how I ended up here. :) But really, to this day, I still have no clue what I did to get banned. At that time, I used very clean language, never mentioned the Bates, Gothard by name, and only discussed the Duggars. TWoP Howard never gave me an explanation.

Ugh, I can't stand the mods there. I only posted a couple of times and although I never got a warning, just seeing the stupid stuff that other people got in trouble for always pissed me off. I too found FJ through that thread and happily transferred here for my fundie fix.

I've read over there (on non-Duggar topics), but never registered/commented. I can find the heavy handed, obsessive moderating to be oppressive, even as a reader.

Archived