IGNORED

Blog of 27 year old SAHD

formergothardite

I just can't even. This is a quote from her blog about her sister's bday.

"We decided to be innovative this year and get a candle to represent how old she was turning. Six is a good year. Happy birthday, Iona."

Next to this caption is a picture of a candle in the shape of a 6. You know, the kind you can get at walmart, target, walgreens, any bakery, etc?? Her life is so boring that she finds this innovative??

beautifulbloom.weebly.com/4/previous/5.html

DAMN! You beat me to it! I never thought of a numeral candle as innovative. I think this girl lives under a rock.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just came across this gem on her website:

10 Random Facts About Me

09/13/2012

0 Comments

1. I enjoy music.

2. I am a Christian

3. I come from a big family

4. I have written and published three books

5. I am the second oldest in my family

6. I am unmarried

7. I enjoy knitting

8. I enjoy cooking delicious meals

9. Autobiographies are one of my favorite genres.

10. I'm looking forward to becoming an aunt.

She's written and published three books? I'm guessing those were published and shipped from their basement? Clearly, the autobiographies she is reading are written by SOTDRT authors or Gothard Robots. Shame on her for not putting her Christianity as #1 on the list. Jesus will not send her a husband because music was on the list ahead of him. I'm glad she likes to cook delicious meals instead of crappy meals.

Must keep reading... I started back on my eating plan and I have to keep my hands busy so I don't eat things I am not hungry for and don't need.

Don't they all sound immature though. Sarah Maxwell is older and comes across as immature. Most of these SAHD are developmentally stunted as a result. Makes me wonder what the next generation will be like.

Their next generation will make members of the current one look like Margaret Mead and Stephen Hawking.

Just came across this gem on her website:

10 Random Facts About Me

09/13/2012

0 Comments

1. I enjoy music.

2. I am a Christian

3. I come from a big family

4. I have written and published three books

5. I am the second oldest in my family

6. I am unmarried

7. I enjoy knitting

8. I enjoy cooking delicious meals

9. Autobiographies are one of my favorite genres.

10. I'm looking forward to becoming an aunt.

She's written and published three books? I'm guessing those were published and shipped from their basement? Clearly, the autobiographies she is reading are written by SOTDRT authors or Gothard Robots. Shame on her for not putting her Christianity as #1 on the list. Jesus will not send her a husband because music was on the list ahead of him. I'm glad she likes to cook delicious meals instead of crappy meals.

Must keep reading... I started back on my eating plan and I have to keep my hands busy so I don't eat things I am not hungry for and don't need.

We ought to do the 10 Random Facts for FJists. I'd much rather read those.

DAMN! You beat me to it! I never thought of a numeral candle as innovative. I think this girl lives under a rock.

Can you imagine if she ever sees someone use two of those candles to make a two-digit number? Like a "2" candle paired with a "6" candle to make "26"? MIND BLOWN!

Has anyone found the titles of the books she has written? I am so curious to find them online.

I wonder what she will do when she finds herself in her 30s,unmarried, and her parents are sick of her free loading... Could she even get a job in retail or food service? I can't imagine even a Starbucks or Target considering the application of someone who has gone many decades without working and without good reason like being a SAHM....

I think that these fundie SAHD's are so bad at writing because theyre not allowed to read. Its like Sarah Maxwell, she writes but doesnt read, and also has little contact with humans outside of her family, so her writing is awkward.

Its easy to get a book published in fundieland as well, which also makes them more illiterate, as the only things they are allowed to read are by uneducated SOTDRT graduates.

Has anyone found the titles of the books she has written? I am so curious to find them online.

I wonder what she will do when she finds herself in her 30s,unmarried, and her parents are sick of her free loading... Could she even get a job in retail or food service? I can't imagine even a Starbucks or Target considering the application of someone who has gone many decades without working and without good reason like being a SAHM....

With certain resources or guides, she might be able to find a job if she leaves her parents' house. I get the vibe that they are ok with her being a SAHD. This is a bit different, a friend of mine who worked in social services told me about a case that her boss was involved in the '90s. A paraplegic woman in her 20s ended up in the hospital with UTI. The paraplegic's family were Asian people and they acted really weird in the hosptial. Adult Protective Services was called in and it had been revealed that the paraplegic was paralzyed due to an accident as a teenager and her parents mostly hid her away after that. The paraplegic told my friend's boss that in their culture disabled people are seen as black sheep. She didn't finish high school. With APS and other organizations, the paraplegic lived in a group home for awhile and later took vocational and GED classes and later got her own apart

ment.

Another option for a SAHD who leaves home would be to find a mainstream type church that might help them out with housing or a job. I can see a SAHD getting a cleaning services job easily. Retail and food services might hard for them to get into. My father worked in human resources for a mining company and a several times they hired women who had been SAHMs with little work experience. Some of them didn't last. I have noticed that some of the fundie lite types are ok with their unmarried over 18 daughters have jobs. Lori's daughter works four days out of the week and the Pleasant Boundaries blogger's daughter worked as a nanny for awhile.

With certain resources or guides, she might be able to find a job if she leaves her parents' house. I get the vibe that they are ok with her being a SAHD. This is a bit different, a friend of mine who worked in social services told me about a case that her boss was involved in the '90s. A paraplegic woman in her 20s ended up in the hospital with UTI. The paraplegic's family were Asian people and they acted really weird in the hosptial. Adult Protective Services was called in and it had been revealed that the paraplegic was paralzyed due to an accident as a teenager and her parents mostly hid her away after that. The paraplegic told my friend's boss that in their culture disabled people are seen as black sheep. She didn't finish high school. With APS and other organizations, the paraplegic lived in a group home for awhile and later took vocational and GED classes and later got her own apart

ment.

Another option for a SAHD who leaves home would be to find a mainstream type church that might help them out with housing or a job. I can see a SAHD getting a cleaning services job easily. Retail and food services might hard for them to get into. My father worked in human resources for a mining company and a several times they hired women who had been SAHMs with little work experience. Some of them didn't last. I have noticed that some of the fundie lite types are ok with their unmarried over 18 daughters have jobs. Lori's daughter works four days out of the week and the Pleasant Boundaries blogger's daughter worked as a nanny for awhile.

I feel so bad for this girl. Havent looked at the blog yet, but if her parents buy into the fundie lifestyle then I suppose they keep her "staying at home" to care for younger siblings and "serve Daddy."

I wonder if there are social service organizations (including mainstream churches) that help people transition from fundieism, including job placement, etc... Like the guy who helps the ex-Amish.

Their next generation will make members of the current one look like Margaret Mead and Stephen Hawking.

The movie idiocracy might not be all that far off in regards to a future snapshot of the fundie offspring

It's so sad to see young women spend all of their 20s pining after the married life they want and were told they would have. This isn't the first blog I've seen of a young Christian woman writing poems about waiting, love, and marriage. These unmarried girls are the ones who are most robbed by their culture, because they have no options for achieving happiness or personal fulfillment.

This is so true, robbed is a great word for it.

OMG! OMG! OMG!

I know this church! I've been there! Heck, I was there three weeks ago! I was reading the "Ladies Christmas Brunch 2012" post (beautifulbloom.weebly.com/4/post/2012/12/ladies-christmas-brunch-2012) and recognized the room they are in. That is Sienna Hall at Holy Rosary Church in Portland, Oregon. They are an ultra-conservative Dominican Parish (Mass is offered in Latin every week still). Catholic family vans drive for an hour or two so their 13 children can attend Mass and homeschool group here. Now, I am Catholic, but I do get irritated when my fellow Catholics appropriate crazy fundy stuff like being a SAHD. We Catholics are nutty enough on our own.

But yeah, Holy Rosary is one of the few parishes in our city that has a 1:00p.m. Mass and Mr.Frumper and I are not early risers. A lot of the women here still cover their heads in church. I, uncharitably, refer to them as "the doily-heads." Now, I can get behind a nice, romantic I'm-pretending-I'm-Jackie-Kennedy lace veil, but often these women and girls look like they just grabbed one of the doilies off the kitchen table and pinned it to their heads. Maybe they are afraid of their fundy 'fros getting dusty.

Anyway, I am sad to say this poor girl in an ultra-conservative Catholic. I confirmed it. Holy Rosary had a Ladies Brunch that same day.

Crap. Some of the other people in her family and friends links are other Holy Rosary folk. Now I'm not getting any work done tonight.

OMG! OMG! OMG!

I know this church! I've been there! Heck, I was there three weeks ago! I was reading the "Ladies Christmas Brunch 2012" post (beautifulbloom.weebly.com/4/post/2012/12/ladies-christmas-brunch-2012) and recognized the room they are in. That is Sienna Hall at Holy Rosary Church in Portland, Oregon. They are an ultra-conservative Dominican Parish (Mass is offered in Latin every week still). Catholic family vans drive for an hour or two so their 13 children can attend Mass and homeschool group here. Now, I am Catholic, but I do get irritated when my fellow Catholics appropriate crazy fundy stuff like being a SAHD. We Catholics are nutty enough on our own.

But yeah, Holy Rosary is one of the few parishes in our city that has a 1:00p.m. Mass and Mr.Frumper and I are not early risers. A lot of the women here still cover their heads in church. I, uncharitably, refer to them as "the doily-heads." Now, I can get behind a nice, romantic I'm-pretending-I'm-Jackie-Kennedy lace veil, but often these women and girls look like they just grabbed one of the doilies off the kitchen table and pinned it to their heads. Maybe they are afraid of their fundy 'fros getting dusty.

Anyway, I am sad to say this poor girl in an ultra-conservative Catholic. I confirmed it. Holy Rosary had a Ladies Brunch that same day.

I'm kinda jealous -- It's a dream of mine to come across some of my former fundie pals when reading blogs/seeing pictures (although many of them have fallen off the straight and narrow, to one extent or another.)

I feel bad for her, but are the Catholics as harsh about aging girls as the Protestant fundies? I grew up Catholic and then converted around 19 years old, was into it for a few years, was into watching fundies (like a church dwelling Jane Goodall) for many, many years, and eventually met Mr. Womb and wanted my Sunday mornings for another kind of religious experience. Anyway -- it seems to me that the Catholics were not as degrading towards single women; they were not useless because they were unmarried; there was less pressure. On the other hand, as an 19 year old new Protestant fundie-lite, I was pretty much ashamed of being single. Am I remembering the Catholic position correctly?

I'm kinda jealous -- It's a dream of mine to come across some of my former fundie pals when reading blogs/seeing pictures (although many of them have fallen off the straight and narrow, to one extent or another.)

I feel bad for her, but are the Catholics as harsh about aging girls as the Protestant fundies? I grew up Catholic and then converted around 19 years old, was into it for a few years, was into watching fundies (like a church dwelling Jane Goodall) for many, many years, and eventually met Mr. Womb and wanted my Sunday mornings for another kind of religious experience. Anyway -- it seems to me that the Catholics were not as degrading towards single women; they were not useless because they were unmarried; there was less pressure. On the other hand, as an 19 year old new Protestant fundie-lite, I was pretty much ashamed of being single. Am I remembering the Catholic position correctly?

Yes, Catholics have nothing against single ladies. Nor is there any sort of "you must stay in your father's home and not have a life" in Catholicism, which is why things like this irritate me. She could be doing something she loved with her life and still be Catholic, probably even a "good" one.

Oh wait, I guess it's not. She says somewhere else she's Presbyterian. Or maybe she knows someone there and was visiting? That's so weird.

Yes, Catholics have nothing against single ladies. Nor is there any sort of "you must stay in your father's home and not have a life" in Catholicism, which is why things like this irritate me. She could be doing something she loved with her life and still be Catholic, probably even a "good" one.

Thanks! That's what I thought. I know I left when I was young and still in my parent's house, but it seemed to me that we girls were always encouraged to make a life for ourselves. Marriage was neither encouraged nor discouraged, either. At least, there was no shame in being a single, childless, educated woman.

Oh wait, I guess it's not. She says somewhere else she's Presbyterian. Or maybe she knows someone there and was visiting? That's so weird.

I've known more than one small church that rents from a larger, existing church. In some areas it's pretty common for upstart churches to hold services in the 7th Day Adventist sanctuaries, since they worship on Saturdays. Maybe it's something like that?

Don't they all sound immature though. Sarah Maxwell is older and comes across as immature. Most of these SAHD are developmentally stunted as a result. Makes me wonder what the next generation will be like.

It looks like there won't be much of a next generation.

It looks like there won't be much of a next generation.

That's a really good point. I wonder if some of these fundie families will start feeling convicted of the LORD once they realize the extreme sheltering of their children means they, personally, are responsible for limiting the re-population of fundamentalists?

Thanks! That's what I thought. I know I left when I was young and still in my parent's house, but it seemed to me that we girls were always encouraged to make a life for ourselves. Marriage was neither encouraged nor discouraged, either. At least, there was no shame in being a single, childless, educated woman.

I think it comes from Nuns. Really. It's the only religion where you can end up a spinster and still be highly respected. During the middle ages, Nuns were probably some of the most educated women of their time. Even today, branches like the Dominicans are mainly teaching vocations. My grandmother was pushing me to become a nun, and to this day I still think about time to time, I do believe I had a calling, I thought it was so powerful for a group of women to come together to work for charity. However, I disagree with the Catholic church on the main points, oh, like I'm pro-choice and love teh gays, and I got a bucketload of student debt.

I've found them!

Here are those precious gems: goodreads.com/author/show/5763689.Anya_vonderLuft

Although I can't seem to find a store that actually sells them...

She doesn't list a publishing house for the 2012 book but the other two are published by lulu.com a vanity publishing company. Not at all suprising.

Honestly, I don't think she's got a learning disability. Homeschooled fundie kids are typically shockingly immature. Writing is a skill. There is some talent involved and years and years of deliberately developed training and skill. She can make sentences. Her sentences sound a lot like Abeka writing assignments, and what mid-elementary children compose. It's very much 'must have x sentences to make a paragraph, x paragraphs to make an essay' counting. She's never been taught some basic writing and gramatical concepts like sophisicated linking words and phrases, modifiers, and cohesive thought processes. Her stuff looks like what a college freshman might turn in for their first English paper and get back covered in red marks and a suggestion to conference with the professor for improvement or visit the writing development center to build their writing skills.

I used to think all it took to teach good writing was to expose chlidren to good reading material. Then, I sat down and evaluated that my kids were not getting where I wanted them to get in their writing skills so I got focused writing programs to develop their skills. Homeschoolers doing it for a truly superior education are going to constantly evaluate their children's skills and realize they need to intentional develop writing skills. Those doing it for religious reasons (even if they say it's for a better education) are simply going to take what they are told by the "experts" and not realize how poorly their children are learning with what they are doing. This girl's mother assumed the formula would work and neer bothered to improve upon it. 15 years ago, there was a LOT less out there for helping homeschoolers with poor writing skills and a lot more regurgitated things like Abeka. My guess is her mother went with something conservative and formulatic and assumes she did a job well done because herself is a poor writer in the first place.

Archived