IGNORED

There goes the neighborhood?

MamaJunebug

According to niednagel.com, the last of the M Thomas family have moved to the Midwest from New England.

Are we to be visited by every Dominionist? Worse, are they truly settling here?

The Serven Clan moved from central Calif. to NE Missouri about 6 years ago.

The elder Niednagel moved his Brain Typing business to SW Missouri some time ago, since Jordan still calls himself a surfer country bumpkin who lives in MO but is a Californian at heart .. or some such verbiage.

After Jordan and Meliss Thomas married they of course moved to the family acreage in SWMO.

Shortly after that, Pa Thomas and the ever-beaming Ma moved the depedent children to somewhere in Oklahoma.

Now comes the news that prompted this thread and made me barf a little: the other married Thomas child has moved his wife and two sons to Saint Louis.

I'm all for family togetherness, that's not my problem. What *is* my problem is the influx of Dominionists into the general metropolitan area that's closest to me.

Arndts to the east of me! Zeses to the north! Servens and their church o' home educators to the NW! Thing 1 and Thing 2 (aka Thomas sons Micaiah and Marscel) apparently interning for Mr. Zes in the art of landlording or hoteliering, who knows.

I supposed this is only news to me, but it's bothersome all the same. What else is going on that I should know about to justify my own move to Hawaii? :doh:

It does seem that the southern Midwest is becoming a vortex of crazy, doesn't it? A few years ago, a bunch of Dominionists were going to move to SC, figuring it would be pretty easy to take over the state government, but they left after a few years. Either it wasn't as easy as they thought or they couldn't stand the climate and the bugs. Or maybe they had a freak out about the Canary Islands volcano.

(Vortex of crazy was inspired by a reference to a vortex of greatness around Omaha suggested by Robert Kilbride in The Potboiler Quiz, my favorite trivia quiz book)

Sorry, MJB, that you're feeling surrounded. There's another vortex of crazy growing in central Tennessee - the Botkins, the Verniers, the Noors...I suspect this colonizing thing is no accident. They're marshalling their forces!

If it's any consolation, there's plenty of religious nuttiness here in the PNW as well, never mind its reputation as one of the most unchurched regions of our great nation. 'Tis the ancestral home of BRADRICK! Not to mention Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill fame, an embarrassment to us all.

Fact is, they're everywhere - all the more reason for FJ to keep on keeping on. Take heart...you are not alone!

I wish the Fremont naked bicycle midsummer parade would go in the other direction, past Mars Hill.

Arndts to the east of me! Zeses to the north! Servens and their church o' home educators to the NW!

This made me laugh so much.

You sound like the embattled Light Division in 'The charge of the Light Brigade' - you know:

' . . . cannon to right of them,

cannon to left of them,

cannon in front of them

volleyed and thundered . . .'

it goes on:

' . . . stormed at by shot and shell,

boldly they rode, and well,

into the jaws of Death,

into the mouth of Hell . . . '

Which is probably rather how you're feeling . . . and quite appropriate for where they would probably say you are going!

At least you could always report back on any sightings. :)

Thanks, all!

Artemis, I do go where I can in hopes of a sighting or two. The ones that have happened so far have only been of the lesser lights, or at least, folks not familiar to me via teh webz. But the law of averages is with me; the more of them there are, the more likely I'll have something to report.

It's interesting how most people around here don't "get" the threat that these people represent. Thank goodness for Todd Akin - his stupid mouth provided entree, as it were, for an illustration of how things will be if the doms get into power. Even my conservative lady friends shuddered visibly at the thought of such caveman-era magical thinking would affect the world, on that count.

I'm surrouned by fundies here in the Deep South. The closest that I know of are the Bateses (never met 'em and don't want to). Who are the Noors and Varniers and where do they live? Any other "big shots" in my neck of the woods? For reference, closest metro areas to me are Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Atlanta, and Birmingham. I want to aviod these people like the plague.

IIRC the Pearls live somewhat near Nashville. Michael Pearl used to go to prisons in Nashville to harangue and harass preach to the inmates.

It does seem that the southern Midwest is becoming a vortex of crazy, doesn't it? A few years ago, a bunch of Dominionists were going to move to SC, figuring it would be pretty easy to take over the state government, but they left after a few years. Either it wasn't as easy as they thought or they couldn't stand the climate and the bugs. Or maybe they had a freak out about the Canary Islands volcano.

(Vortex of crazy was inspired by a reference to a vortex of greatness around Omaha suggested by Robert Kilbride in The Potboiler Quiz, my favorite trivia quiz book)

They didn't need move to SC. It has its own cra cras--big time.

This made me laugh so much.

You sound like the embattled Light Division in 'The charge of the Light Brigade' - you know:

' . . . cannon to right of them,

cannon to left of them,

cannon in front of them

volleyed and thundered . . .'

it goes on:

' . . . stormed at by shot and shell,

boldly they rode, and well,

into the jaws of Death,

into the mouth of Hell . . . '

My mind went straight to

"Serverns to the left of me, Arndts to the right

Here I am, stuck in the middle with you" :D

• 4 years later...

I am distressed to report that according to the latest niedblog, now Ma and Pa Thomas have moved to St. Louis, presumedly dragging along the ever-single Melanie (twin to Melissa) and Marscel, who may/not be recently married Micaiah's twin. 

Doesn't the bi-state have enough problems?, I wail to the skies, but nobody hears me. Maybe they'll stay on that side of the river. Surely they will. Hey Jordanyo, tell your inlaws to stay over in Missouri. You just can't imagine the dangers of Illinois. No really, you can't / don't want to. There are ladies here in white short shorts!!!!

oh bugger.....surely they'll hear about Ft. deChartres. Colonial historical site in Illinois. Bugger bugger bugger. 

... bugger bugger bugger BUMMER! oh bugger all....

Archived