IGNORED

Say it like it is, Jacinda's anti-choice post

dairyfreelife

A meme I like:

"Church: Where white Republicans go to worship a Middle Eastern Jewish hippie who advocated giving their money to the poor."

The next time someone claims to be pro-choice or tolerant, ask them what choice they are in favor of. If they say, "A women's right to choose," ask, "To choose what?" If "Abortion." is their response, ask them what they are aborting - make them spell it out. One is forced to reconsider their position on the matter when faced with black and white terms like life and death. "Killing a child" is harder to defend then "choice."

Tommy De Seno in his article Stop Using The Words "Abortion" and "Choice" says it well, "This is the place in the conversation where you can take control of the description, because the proponents of child killing will never, ever describe it. They can't face what they favor....you will be accused of anything from being intentionally inflammatory to rude and inappropriate...This is what is most perplexing about the left: They can't bear to hear someone speak of stabbing a child to death but actually letting people do it doesn't bother then them."

When you start off with a false premise - that a fetus is a human being, person or child - your conclusion is naturally going to be wrong as well. :roll:

It's also fucking stupid.

As you so well pointed out, it's not actually a baby or a child. It's an embryo, a foetus, a small clump of cells or a meeting of egg and sperm. A baby or a child is what's been born.

However, if these types make the ridiculous argument that their chosen (incorrect) terminology has meaning, I don't mind saying "baby" if that'll help. "Child" is just daft, a tiny lump of cells is about as much a child as I am a rhinoceros. It's intriguing they focus on the terms used rather than making a coherent argument, but not surprising.

I stand corrected, treehugger. She knows a liberal. As you said, you are more acquaintances now though.

I despise people who are obssessed with spouting off their faith. LIVE YOUR FAITH and you won't need to preach on a street corner because you will embody the reality that you will be known by your life. It's such a simple concept and so very missed by the increasingly wackadoodle fundies who masquerade as Christian.

I stand corrected, treehugger. She knows a liberal. As you said, you are more acquaintances now though.

I despise people who are obssessed with spouting off their faith. LIVE YOUR FAITH and you won't need to preach on a street corner because you will embody the reality that you will be known by your life. It's such a simple concept and so very missed by the increasingly wackadoodle fundies who masquerade as Christian.

QFT.

Totally agree! There is nothing more annoying than someone who insists on insisting that everyone else live like they do. And the fundies drive me nuts because they are always ranting and raving about everyone else in the hopes of converting those people, when all they are doing is driving everyone who doesn't agree with them away - even other Christians who don't agree with them on everything. It is so maddening when they write these long-winded articles under the guise of speaking the truth although they are effectively doing nothing - and then when someone calls them out for being unkind and inconsiderate they get all "I'm being persecuted!" and their followers rally 'round and pat them on the back for being so brave to stand up for the truth, blah, blah :roll:

Archived