IGNORED

Say it like it is, Jacinda's anti-choice post

dairyfreelife

growinghomeblog.com/2013/01/say-it-like-it-is.html

the term "liberal" hardly conjures up images of benevolence and generosity. Rather, we tend to think of greedy politicians with their hands in everyone's pockets.

sent through the public, secular system are taught to be well versed in leftist rhetoric with little room to think outside the box.

Using words like "choice" to describe the murder of an unborn child, "tolerance," "diversity," and "anti-bullying" to promote homosexuality, and understanding "contraception" to be "a women's health issue," are clever ways to promote the devil's agenda under the guise of Mr. Nice Guy.

encourage things like mass infanticide and homosexuality in our country ought to clarify their destructive agenda by sayin' it like it is. Let's take away the intentional distractions of clever guises like "choice," "tolerance," "women's health," "black markets," and shed some light on the situation by saying what we mean and meaning what we say.

Not even gonna try to read the OP. I find that the older I get, the less I can handle willful ignorance without getting extremely angry and this type of person is the worst because there is absolutely no way to get them to see anything other than their own doctrine.

The problem is getting anti-choicers to "say it like it is". They want to force women to donate their bodies against their will even if it might kill them or cause physical/emotional damage. They do not care. Even the woman walks away from this without any damage, she is still being forced to donate her body, something anti-choicers would flip out on if it was anything else. But, no, they admit that.

Not even gonna try to read the OP. I find that the older I get, the less I can handle willful ignorance without getting extremely angry and this type of person is the worst because there is absolutely no way to get them to see anything other than their own doctrine.

It's not my post. It's Jacinda Vandenburg's post. She was also one who posted two pictures of Sandy Hook, one with a woman crying into a cell phone and another mom hugging her sobbing son, and proceeded to say that we shouldn't feel sad about twenty children being murdered when 4,000 "babies" are "murdered" everyday. In other words, turning a horrific tragedy into a political post.

This post pissed me off more than I can say! And I totally call bullshit on the "tolerance" thing. Really, Jacinda?

I think what pisses me off the most though, is that she can spout all this ignorance - but honestly, what does she know of real life? I know that she moved from her comfortable home with her parents to her comfortable home with her husband. Sure, she is having a rough pregnancy, but while she rants and rages against liberals and obamacare, she is using her free Canadian health care to pay for the midwife, OB, ultrasounds, etc, etc...

She doesn't have a clue what it means to be poor. To have to chose between feeding the kids you already have or having another baby. To know what it is like to be denied the ability to read simply because you are the wrong gender. To watch your children die from polio and hepatitis. Or to be truly persecuted (not the "oh no! Someone disagrees with me!" kind) because of what you believe.

I grew up in a third-world county and this ignorant attitude just makes me want to scream!

If she really cared about diversity, she would want to be willing to accept and tolerate minorities, women who disagree with her, people her aren't her brand of Christianity/a part of another religion/agnostic/atheist, and the BGLT community. She uses these people to proselytize of of fear to preach to them that they're doing something wrong, and that they can only redeem themselves by joining her church and donating shitloads of money to get into Heaven faster than those "heathens". Instead, she expects us to tolerate a 2,000 year-old bigotry and hatred that hides behind religion. Abortion isn't killing, you moron. It's terminating cells before they have a chance of becoming a fetus. Why do these people care so much about the "unborn", but not the already born? And then they get mad at pro-choiders when shootings such as the one at Sandy Hook for not caring about the "true murders" of the "unborn". The sickos make no sense.

I didn't think it was your post, Dairfree. :) From the quotes you posted it made me not want to read the whole post though. Jacinda is a terrible, self centered person if these beliefs are any reflection of her character.

I can't believe that ANYONE would say something like that.

Welcome to fundie blogs. Don't read them too often if you're fond of equal rights and sanity and you get mad at these sort of posts on their blogs, 'cause it'll make you rage.

Jacinda displays such a vast dichotomy between "keep sweet" and violent hatred that it makes my brain spin. So many of the fundies spew hatred on such a regular basis that you know what to expect (Lori, Zsu) and others fall stronger to the "keep sweet" that you have to read between the lines a bit to see the darker sides, but Jacinda bounces between the two so fast, I have trouble keeping up. She says the most horrible things, gets chewed apart, issues a super sweet apology and says that she misspoke, what she really meant to say was same-horrible-thing, her supporters rally around and she gives herself a pat on the back for being persecuted for Jesus. Lather, rinse, repeat. I find her to be a horrible, awful person.

The problem is getting anti-choicers to "say it like it is". They want to force women to donate their bodies against their will even if it might kill them or cause physical/emotional damage. They do not care. Even the woman walks away from this without any damage, she is still being forced to donate her body, something anti-choicers would flip out on if it was anything else. But, no, they admit that.

Another example of the fundie version of rape culture. A woman's body is not her own, it always, always belongs to somebody else. If it's not some man (husband or father) then is a pregnancy or potential pregnancy.

Betcha $5 she's never met a "liberal" in her entire life. Liberals are a mythical to these morons as a unicorn.

My child is not gay. I would not have a problem if she were. However, she HAS been bullied and it nearly devestated her life. It is not negative to say that living, breathing children are worthy of being treated decently and shouldn't have to earn their stripes by surviving bullying, regardless of their sexual orientation.

It does ammuse me when some of these jerks actually MET "liberals" and discover not only are we normal people, but most of our positions make SENSE. For one thing, our position is FAR more Christ-like than hers. If you want to follow Christ's foosteps, you are supposed to lay down your LIFE your fellow man, not the unborn potentials but those actually living and breathing, regardless of who they are, their political stance, their socioeconomic status, and yes EVEN their sexual orientation.

In fact, if you want to hear the most compelling person I have heard in a long time talking about truly living a life of genuine faith and following Christ......go actually listen to Barack Obama when he talks about his conversion and how he lives his life.

Welcome to fundie blogs. Don't read them too often if you're fond of equal rights and sanity and you get mad at these sort of posts on their blogs, 'cause it'll make you rage.

Thanks to this wonderful forum I read a lot more blogs then I ever had. My gateway was the Maxwell family, I sometimes read their blog to relize my life is really great!!

Betcha $5 she's never met a "liberal" in her entire life. Liberals are a mythical to these morons as a unicorn.

My child is not gay. I would not have a problem if she were. However, she HAS been bullied and it nearly devestated her life. It is not negative to say that living, breathing children are worthy of being treated decently and shouldn't have to earn their stripes by surviving bullying, regardless of their sexual orientation.

It does ammuse me when some of these jerks actually MET "liberals" and discover not only are we normal people, but most of our positions make SENSE. For one thing, our position is FAR more Christ-like than hers. If you want to follow Christ's foosteps, you are supposed to lay down your LIFE your fellow man, not the unborn potentials but those actually living and breathing, regardless of who they are, their political stance, their socioeconomic status, and yes EVEN their sexual orientation.

In fact, if you want to hear the most compelling person I have heard in a long time talking about truly living a life of genuine faith and following Christ......go actually listen to Barack Obama when he talks about his conversion and how he lives his life.

Pay up - she has. Me. :wink: Of course she is unable to reconcile my "liberal" beliefs with my profession of Christianity - but so be it. In fact, her headship has questioned me on facebook before as to how I am able to be a Christian and not get into a dithering rage over the vile sins of abortion and homosexuality etc.? I responded that certain things do piss me off - like Christians not loving their neighbors and helping the poor, and that being a liberal was the practical realization of my beliefs. Also, no where in the Bible are we Christians commanded to make other people live out our beliefs - just that we do it. So simple. But I digress...

Nothing will ever convince them that Liberals aren't the spawn of Satan or that Republicans may very well be the ones who are "greedy politicians with their hands in everyone's pockets".

Edited for typos because I am holding a baby and typing with one hand.

No. Possibly because it is THIRTY YEARS OLD.

it probably exists in the school library here, though.

My son's school has an extensive anti-bullying program and is in second grade and we live in Liberalville, so I feel like I'd know if they did use HH2M.

Funny, the only thing that makes me picture greedy politicians when their hands in people's politics is "greedy politicians". Actually, scratch the "greedy". Just the word "politicians" evokes that for most people. You'd have to be pretty damn delusional to think that only the politicians you disagree with are like that.

You've met her, treehugger? What are they like? There is a pic of her fb page that gives me the creeps. I could be reading too much in to it- the placement could be coincidence- but her husband is holding baby boy in his arms, and Jacinda and little girl are sitting on the ground by his feet. I feel like it is supposed to be a visual representation of the hierarchy of the family- males above females, even the young boys- and as such have always thought of her husband as an ass. True?

You've met her, treehugger? What are they like? There is a pic of her fb page that gives me the creeps. I could be reading too much in to it- the placement could be coincidence- but her husband is holding baby boy in his arms, and Jacinda and little girl are sitting on the ground by his feet. I feel like it is supposed to be a visual representation of the hierarchy of the family- males above females, even the young boys- and as such have always thought of her husband as an ass. True?

Definitely true. I used to play at her house as a kid. Her family is not extreme fundie. In fact, they even let their daughters date and her brother graduated from university. They were homeschooled but it was a good education (obviously since her brother did really well in the U). I think it is her husband who is super fundie. He gives me the willies. Jacinda wasn't near as extreme until she met him. Now we are more acquaintances than friends - probably because we hold such different beliefs.

Definitely true. I used to play at her house as a kid. Her family is not extreme fundie. In fact, they even let their daughters date and her brother graduated from university. They were homeschooled but it was a good education (obviously since her brother did really well in the U). I think it is her husband who is super fundie. He gives me the willies. Jacinda wasn't near as extreme until she met him. Now we are more acquaintances than friends - probably because we hold such different beliefs.

imteresting. I kind of got that feeling.

No. Possibly because it is THIRTY YEARS OLD.

it probably exists in the school library here, though.

My son's school has an extensive anti-bullying program and is in second grade and we live in Liberalville, so I feel like I'd know if they did use HH2M.

For real. I thought we were on to "And Tango Makes Three" by now. Jacinda needs to catch up on her gay indoctrination hand wringing.

For real. I thought we were on to "And Tango Makes Three" by now. Jacinda needs to catch up on her gay indoctrination hand wringing.

There are lots of books about gay parents nowadays. The devil has been very busy writing all of them to tempt our naive little children into the gay lifestyle. I did not read HH2M when I was a child, thus I am heterosexual.

Do public schools really assign homework from Heather Has Two Mommies???

No. It's a storybook. Maybe it would get read aloud at a very liberal elementary school but I think mostly it languishes in the school libraries. I don't know of a public school that's going to mandate what parents read aloud to their kids at home.

I swear, the more I read your posts, the more I see we agree on! Sadly, most of the the people who oh so proudly identify as conservative wouldn't know Christ and His ways if he came up, shook their hand, and introduced himself. They would be screaming for "Jesus" to be deported back to wherever he came from. :doh:

I swear, the more I read your posts, the more I see we agree on! Sadly, most of the the people who oh so proudly identify as conservative wouldn't know Christ and His ways if he came up, shook their hand, and introduced himself. They would be screaming for "Jesus" to be deported back to wherever he came from. :doh:

Yes, this. All of this!! Liberal Christians are some of my favorite people EVER.

Archived