IGNORED

Were these people Fundies?

homeschoolmomma1

I remember watching this Wife Swap episode long ago. I know they don't bring up religion and I think they are strict because he is military. The wacker thing throws me off. it is the Reimer family. The video I found was poorly uploaded- sorry

Don't know if they were fundy or not but THANK YOU for posting this, I saw this years ago and it totally influenced the way I bought up my kids. Go to episode 2, 11 mins in and see how damn happy those kids are when liberal working Mum weighs in and tells the psycho parents their nasty little regime is over... here come sweets, proper education and telly - GO CINDY!!!

Shame the uploads blurry but you can still make out the expressions of total delight on the kids faces.

Icing on the cake is the sour expression on Dad's face.

I thought this was going to be the "Chris Childs" episode. Fundie couple changes places with a very Christian but educated couple (husband has theology degree). Actually the theology-degree dad was something of an arrogant snot who at first condescended to the fundie wife, but they came to some accommodation. Not the same for dad Chris Child (s?) When his older daughter talked to the new "wife" about maybe wanting to be a doctor, he put her in a car and drove off with her. God knows what happened or for how long, but she came back once again understanding her place is to be "meek and teachable." At the "confrontation" at the end of the show he just kept screaming that he was the watcher on the wall, or whatever that catch phrase was.

I'd think the Reimer's were fundie-lite. The fundies and fundie-lites almost always come off looking worse on Wife Swap.

I thought this was going to be the "Chris Childs" episode. Fundie couple changes places with a very Christian but educated couple (husband has theology degree). Actually the theology-degree dad was something of an arrogant snot who at first condescended to the fundie wife, but they came to some accommodation. Not the same for dad Chris Child (s?) When his older daughter talked to the new "wife" about maybe wanting to be a doctor, he put her in a car and drove off with her. God knows what happened or for how long, but she came back once again understanding her place is to be "meek and teachable." At the "confrontation" at the end of the show he just kept screaming that he was the watcher on the wall, or whatever that catch phrase was.

I remember that episode. I was so sad for that girl. And I despise her father for crushing her dream.

I'd think the Reimer's were fundie-lite. The fundies and fundie-lites almost always come off looking worse on Wife Swap.

Have to agree! Their was an episode where the father of the family was a former Meninite, they raised their kids similar to the Fundies, he want more kids & the wife did not. That guy was horrible.

Have to agree! Their was an episode where the father of the family was a former Meninite, they raised their kids similar to the Fundies, he want more kids & the wife did not. That guy was horrible.

Is that the guy who insisted on keeping the cradle in the master bedroom even though it was clear that the wife was finished having kids? I don't remember how many kids they had, but that mom was tired!

Is that the guy who insisted on keeping the cradle in the master bedroom even though it was clear that the wife was finished having kids? I don't remember how many kids they had, but that mom was tired!

Yup that is the one I was talking about. They had 3 kids (all girls) The cradle even threw the "new" mother she thought they had 4 kids. I agree that mother was tired. It's been a few years since that show I wonder if they had more.

Archived