IGNORED

Maldives Girl Faces Flogging After Alleged Rape

doggie

This is fucking crazy the poor girl Is going to suffer no matter what. the only good thing is the parents are going to be punished and not get off like men usually do. Though I don't see anything about the man she had sex with if there ever was one.

A 15-year-old in the Maldives whose father is accused of repeatedly raping her and killing the resulting baby risks being flogged for "fornication" with another man under the nation's strict Islamic law, a police source said Monday.

In the course of inquiries into the rape case, investigators say they unearthed evidence of the girl having had consensual sex with another man, which is an offence in the Indian Ocean holiday destination, the source told AFP.

Women, including minors, having consensual sex outside marriage can be charged in the Maldives, where convicts can be publicly flogged. Minors receive the punishment when they reach 18, the age of majority.

The child's step-father is accused by police of repeatedly raping the girl and fathering a child by her which he subsequently murdered. The girl's mother has been charged with helping dispose of the infant's body, police said.

"We completed the investigation (into the murder of the infant) and gave a report to the prosecutor general's office," Maldivian police spokesman Hassan Haneef told AFP by telephone.

He declined to give details saying that Maldivian common law did not allow the discussion of any case involving a minor.

The local Haveeru newspaper quoted an unnamed official from the prosecutor's office saying that the fornication charge was unrelated to the rape which had been separately dealt with.

The legal system of the Maldives, a nation of 330,000 Sunni Muslims known for its coral-fringed islands and sandy beaches, has elements of Islamic Sharia law as well as English common law.

The country carries out the flogging of women despite calls from the UN Human Rights Council to drop the practice.

In September, a Maldivian court ordered a public flogging for a 16-year-old girl who confessed to having pre-marital sex. Her 29-year-old lover was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

The gang-rape last month in the Indian capital of a 23-year-old student who subsequently died has also sparked protests over crime against women in neighbouring South Asian nations including Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

Dammit! Sometimes with depressing news stories like these, I think that the human species is de-evolving, if that's even possible. That poor innocent young girl. :cry: Linkage, please?

I grow really fucking weary of reading crap like this every day. Women need to declare a world-wide Lysistrata movement until men get it through their thick heads that No means motherfucking no, and to piss off with their purity culture bullshit.

This comes one day after I actually summoned up enough courage to read what those animals did to that poor woman in India on that bus. Some neanderthal knuckle-dragger actually commented that it was the sixth rapist who was the animal, b/c he

ripped her intestines out by hand. No, you fucking twat cheese, there should never even have been ONE rapist!! Like the other five committed some kind of gentlemanly rape?

Someone mentioned in another thread that complete separatism is looking like the only way to ever stop this utter fucking shit. I'm starting to agree.

Dammit! Sometimes with depressing news stories like these, I think that the human species is de-evolving, if that's even possible. That poor innocent young girl. :cry: Linkage, please?

This crap has been happening forever. But now we just hear about it. but we also see people fighting against it when they used to never do anything about it.

So if i am reading right that the plxarents are getting inti trouble only for killing the poor baby!?

This kind of news just makes me physically sick and makes my head want to explode. How can this be happening in the 21st century? WTF :evil:

Archived