IGNORED

Bates Courtship

singsingsing

Kelly Bates definitely made it clear on their blog (I think she wrote it) that they've "chosen" not to even hold hands.

Oh, but that pic of Erin tugging at Chad's tie definitely said "I want to jump your bones already". :lol:

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, if there's any fundie couple in the world of which I hope they drop their dangerous beliefs and become more fundie lite, and non-fundie in the end , it is these two.

Why? Because in my history of following fundies on their blogs, they are the first two of which I think they are absolutely and totally in love with each other. Chad, as an exeption from the rule (of general fundie boys), is caring, loving, romantic, intelligent but not smart-assy, honest and totally not "authority-carrying". No smugness, no arrogance. (I'm thinking Esther Shrader's husband, or David Waller).They, uhm, look like they have real fun. Even no!green!hair princess Erin appears to be much more likable since they have become a couple. She definitely has some talent in the music field of which I hope it will be supported by Chad.

Not "official" courting...just special person.

Let's call it what it looks like-- Alyssa went out on a date! And I say, good for her!!!

Kelly Bates definitely made it clear on their blog (I think she wrote it) that they've "chosen" not to even hold hands.

They better not. It embarrasses the ever watching God of theirs.

I've been doing some reading on the Bates family, and I have a couple of theories about Michaela:

1) Something happened during her courtship when she was younger (think Josh Duggar and sin in the camp theories )

2) She doesn't want get married and have kids (especially a dozen or more)

3) Maybe she isn't attracted to men but not necessarily gay.

I could actually see her escaping and finding a job as a maid, housekeeper, or daycare worker and making it on her own.

I've been doing some reading on the Bates family, and I have a couple of theories about Michaela:

1) Something happened during her courtship when she was younger (think Josh Duggar and sin in the camp theories )

I could actually see her escaping and finding a job as a maid, housekeeper, or daycare worker and making it on her own.

It is interesting how some of the adults in that family are a total success and some just don't know what to do with themselves. I think Michaela is cut out to be a mother - much more than I am but of course, this is HER call to make. Only she knows. She's been overshadowed by the arrogance, I mean, perfection of her younger sister, who, I hope, will have bridesmaids in mullets at her wedding. Michaela's got plenty of time to get married and be happy.

That's true, maybe she's deliberately avoiding a courtship until she's older and unable to be a super-breeder like her mother.

well, it does say on their website she's "employed as a nanny", so you never know, she may be quietly making a break for freedom... Or maybe she's 'employed' by Gil and KJ as a nanny for the younger kids...

Kelly has explained on the website that Michaela works as a nanny for a local family, mainly on weekends. Not full time, but better than nothing!

According to the Crown College website, graduation is this evening (May 6); I missed Kelly 's comment that Erin's graduation is pushed back to December (although now I've gone back to her comments from February & see that she said Erin had 2 semesters left). I won't fault her for that; actually I would applaud her for sticking with her studies rather than dropping out now to marry her honey (that she wants to jump so badly! : ) )

Kelly also mentioned that Nathan was in the middle of finals-- pretty sure he is getting some sort of 1-year preaching "certificate" from Crown.

As much as we mock Crown College, I've got to hand it to the Bates--they've got the Duggars beat in the education department--at the end of 2013, hopefully, they will will have 1 kid with a BA and one kid with a "college certificate." Plus multiple kids with EMT training (although John David has EMT training; I am not sure his sisters ever completed their EMT training--we certainly don't hear about it now. Since the Bates have a lot less $$ than the Duggars, I think that makes it even more significant.

That is the very point of her whole story: it's better than nothing! Maybe she's taking just baby steps but after a lifetime of indoctrination, maybe, I'm saying maybe... she's moving upwardly. Never underestimate a woman's will. Even if it's baby steps she works more than Amy Duggar, has more independence than Sarah Maxwell... I hope one day an expat family will hear about her, offer her a full time nanny job with them and takes her awat with them to live in France, Quatar, Shanghai, anywhere.

I remember hearing about Michaela's job as a nanny before, at least several months ago if not a year or more. I don't know if it's the same job with the same family, but she has been working as a nanny for quite some time now.

So she has more experience as a paid nanny and more references. Go Michael.

Archived