IGNORED

The Bunker Index

teddybear

Have I ever posted the link to this blog? This guy is a really odd man, who is borderline fundie. He also has some real psych issues. He used to have another blog that talked about how he used to be on psych meds, but quit taking them because God told him to. He has since moved from a nice little place up in Illinois to a god-forsaken piece of Texas desert. For the first year they lived in a plywood box, with no heat, water or electricity. You really have to go back to the beginning of the blog and read all about it.

bunkerindex.blogspotdotcom/

I love this guy. And yes I think he could probably be diagnosed by a professional. I wonder what they will do when the money runs out? What I did notice when I was reading today is they do have access to city water so they can't be that far out in the boondocks as he makes it to be. I will say if I were homesteading I really would have paid a bit more attention to climate change. But guys like him don't believe in climate change so I guess that works.

With his moving to Texas, I wonder if he has any connection to Michael Bunker... (journal.michaelbunker.com). I haven't seen this bunkerindex blog before... but I think I shall spend some time looking around!

With his moving to Texas, I wonder if he has any connection to Michael Bunker... (journal.michaelbunker.com). I haven't seen this bunkerindex blog before... but I think I shall spend some time looking around!

I think the box man is a leghumper of Bunkers.

Yes, they drive into town to buy water. Here's from his post on Dec. 22:

The lack of rain continues to be a problem. I have to buy water from the city once per week if my wife intends to do laundry. I pay $6 for 200 gallons which I can haul myself. The minimum charge to be hooked up to rural water is $45 per month. Even if I have to buy every week it's only $24.

He also can't understand why the county is worried about his waste disposal system or rather his lack of one:

Gorges Smythe said...

The folks who use composting toilets might feel that the government was over-reacting about feces, too.

January 1, 2013 5:41 PM

Ernest said...

That was kind of my point. We use 5 gallon buckets around here as a "toilet" and fill it with mulch or sawdust. Then it goes out to the compost pile where it breaks down into the best looking garden soil I've ever seen.

I had to fight the gov on the matter already. I seem to have dodged the bullet by explaining to them we don't generate "waste" and therefore we don't fall under their jurisdiction.

January 1, 2013 5:45 PM

I think I sprained my eyes rolling them while reading his post asking why Sen. Dianne Feinstein is persecuting him. Dude, get over yourself. Sen. Feinstein does not know or care that you exist.

Archived