IGNORED

Duggar Book?

LostSamurai

oooh...wasn't aware I had enough posts to make a thread now...

Anyway, does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Duggar book for either nearly free or as little money as possible? I've started a book blog and being the masochist that I am, want to review it just for the lulz.

thanks!

The Goodwill, buy used and save the difference!

Nice! You can also buy used from abebooks as mentioned above.

I'd probably try your local library. If they don't have it, ask them to buy it (if you can).

I've seen the book at our local library but couldn't bring myself to read it.

I bought all the Duggar books (don't ask...I was really confused back then) from Amazon and paid 1 penny for one plus shipping and something like 50 cents plus shipping for the other. Also bought the Tea with Michelle Duggar dvd (don't judge) for 2 dollars. I started reading here and just didn't have the stomach to watch it. If I learned nothing else from them I learned to buy used.

We should almost start a book sharing program. Read it/watch it and pass it on?

A. That would be awesome! The book could be passed around with a list of user names of people who want to read it. When you're done reading it, you PM the next user for their address and ship it on. :clap:

B. Is that Jackson Browne in your avatar? I love him. :romance-heartsthree:

A. That would be awesome! The book could be passed around with a list of user names of people who want to read it. When you're done reading it, you PM the next user for their address and ship it on. :clap:

B. Is that Jackson Browne in your avatar? I love him. :romance-heartsthree:

It most certainly IS the one and only Jackson Browne. He is my absolute favorite. I've seen him three times in concert in the past year and a half.

I was hoping this thread was about the Duggar daughters book that they've been writing....I'm sure it will be coming out soon. They've been at it now for what, about 3 years? It should be chock full of great advice on how to find and marry the right man, how to keep house, raise children.

I'm sure we'd all enjoy passing that book around.

I was hoping this thread was about the Duggar daughters book that they've been writing....I'm sure it will be coming out soon. They've been at it now for what, about 3 years? It should be chock full of great advice on how to find and marry the right man, how to keep house, raise children.

I'm sure we'd all enjoy passing that book around.

I have been wondering about that book too. I recall that one of the J'Slaves admitted last year that they are slacking off on the book. A part of me wonders if the book got cancelled by the publisher.

I have been wondering about that book too. I recall that one of the J'Slaves admitted last year that they are slacking off on the book. A part of me wonders if the book got cancelled by the publisher.

Or they could be just running on Duggar time. Late as fuck, as always. But either way that sounds like an interesting read. I imagine it would be a kind of prequel or go-along for that Sarah Malley (sp?) book. Dang, it does sound like we need a netflix-style FJ library, or something.

I'm reading the book right now. I admit to having bought it. Before the FJites come out with pitchforks, it was paid with a prepaid gift card, although I regret it now as I could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere. I actually enjoy reading it (for amusement reasons) and it sheds some light on the Duggars in their pre-TLC days. It would be interesting to read the Duggar girls' books. However, what I really want is a tell-all from one of the kids after the show ends. I would love to know what was really going on during the filming. Alas, we must all wait for the kids to grow up, rebel and get a publisher!

The girls probably dont have time to do much of the book because theyre too busy running an entire household and caring for loads of little kids, because their neglectful parents wont do it.,

The girls probably dont have time to do much of the book because theyre too busy running an entire household and caring for loads of little kids, because their neglectful parents wont do it.,

I think as far as getting a book done goes, that excuse is getting a little lame.

It's a big house to run, but there are now 5 fully capable slaves and grandma is doing all the laundry. Jackson is 9 this spring and Hannie is probably self-sufficient with most of the basics. The howler monkeys are mostly feral now; no one seems to be concerned about what's going on with them and the youngest is now 10. So that only leaves Josie and her 4 and 5 year old sisters as children who need a lot of tending to still. (and we routinely see how little “tending to†Jordyn gets). Only Jill has a job outside the home and even that's sporadic work and I doubt any of them are spending their days diligently pouring over College Minus material. I'd venture to guess that most young women in their late teens to early/mid 20's are probably far busier than they on any given day. I’m not saying their lives didn’t totally suck growing up or that their parents aren’t complete assholes for turning their daughters into house slaves, only that there is less and less for them to do with each passing year.

Any book by them would have been ghost written via interviews with the girls with final approval from Boob. We'll probably never see it and never hear what happened but if we don't, my best guess would be that the material was probably laughably thin and the project was scrapped by the publisher.

Archived