IGNORED

Happy 16th Mary-Elizabeth Arndt

0 kids n not countin

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh-wahhhh????

Yes, it's true. They celebrate all their birthdays in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom. Here's young Peter being presented with his cake in their bed at about 15 minutes in.

1EL5JPy5vQ0

Am I the only one thinking that Roald Dahl could've had a field day with that premise? Weird parents, 13 strange brothers, only daughter...

I wouldn't have thought of it myself, but you are so right! :lol:

Yes, it's true. They celebrate all their birthdays in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom. Here's young Peter being presented with his cake in their bed at about 15 minutes in.

1EL5JPy5vQ0

So weird....WTH?

That's just f---ed up. Birthday cake in Mom and Dad's bed? Why, so they can celebrate their birthdays in the same place they were concieved?

How many fucking times did they have to bring up that this poor child shares a birthday with a stuffed penguin?! I swear I think they were more excited about the penguin having a birthday than Peter.

That's just f---ed up. Birthday cake in Mom and Dad's bed? Why, so they can celebrate their birthdays in the same place they were concieved?

I think that might be the idea. Really.

And yeah, it's pretty messed up. The more I think about this family the more I think they are all pretty sick.

I think that might be the idea. Really.

And yeah, it's pretty messed up. The more I think about this family the more I think they are all pretty sick.

Exactly.

Let's not forget that all birthday celebrations start in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom. Even if they are not home :D

If only they had lived in the time of Freud...

Am I the only one thinking that Roald Dahl could've had a field day with that premise? Weird parents, 13 strange brothers, only daughter...

And blowing out the birthday candles on the marital bed ... Dahl would have loved it!!!

I know I've said this before, but the nickname Wizzy makes me cringe. That's for an adorable three year old who lisps her own name, not for a 16 year old.

This. I hope that if she gets out, her tell-all starts with "That was when everybody called me Wizzy and it didn't occur to me to mind." Dancing with Patrick Swayze optional.

Also, how did I make 4 posts without realising I'm a Frumper Lover now? Yay!

Holy crap, do these people go on. I wanted to reach through the screen and break that goddamn knitting jenny. It's great that they interviewed dad too, just to make sure it wasn't going to make the boys "feminine". :roll:

I remember seeing this family on a tv show a few years ago. Does anyone here actually live anywhere close to them? I mean are they really as messed up as I think, and do they have any outside friends in their community to balance them out at all? Just having more trouble than usual trying to wrap my mind around this mess.

So weird....WTH?

That was the weirdest thing I have ever seen. Watching a grown man crawling on the floor playing with a stuffed penguin was just creepy. Those older boys will never get married. Between their extreme immaturity and the way they ramble on and on when they talk, not even a fundie girl would be able to stand it. I had to skip parts just to get through that mess and still had the urge to scream "Just get to the point already!" several times at my computer screen. These people are just so strange.

Okay, so I've never really paid much attention to the Arndts (the Maxwells are my fundies of choice) so this video is my first real encounter with them and all I can is. Well... Umm... I really don't know WHAT to say except cree-pee. Wow. Talk about infantalizing your children. :shock: I'm so squicked out.

Oh, and Mama Arndt's hair bumps are straight out of Warner Bros.

1zv3ew6.png

I remember seeing this family on a tv show a few years ago. Does anyone here actually live anywhere close to them? I mean are they really as messed up as I think, and do they have any outside friends in their community to balance them out at all? Just having more trouble than usual trying to wrap my mind around this mess.

Keep trying. They do have some contact with the outside world b/c a few of the "boys" have real jobs and they host a yearly softball tournament. But, overall, they keep to themselves with homeschooling and family only activities. As far as anyone can tell the "boys" do not have friends outside of the family and they only talk about courting and marriage... no real live womenfolk have entered the picture. Wizzy, the only sister, seems to just live in a sea of weird man-boys and has not been shown with a proper friend. The closest they seem to have come to "friends" are stuffed penguins they carry around well into teen and adulthood.

Keep trying. They do have some contact with the outside world b/c a few of the "boys" have real jobs and they host a yearly softball tournament. But, overall, they keep to themselves with homeschooling and family only activities. As far as anyone can tell the "boys" do not have friends outside of the family and they only talk about courting and marriage... no real live womenfolk have entered the picture. Wizzy, the only sister, seems to just live in a sea of weird man-boys and has not been shown with a proper friend. The closest they seem to have come to "friends" are stuffed penguins they carry around well into teen and adulthood.

Thanks for the info. Hope I'm replying to this right cause I'm not very computer savvy. That just makes me so sad for them. The boys must be so mindf****d. Why do pepple do this to the little beings they are entrusted to guide, protect, and most importantly love? They must be terrified of regular people. wonder what their turning point was to make them so fearful?

One of the Arndt's weirder traditions is they have all their kids come into their bedroom every night for a prayer meeting. ALL the kids pile in and even hop on the same bed where their parents sleep and have sex.

In the photo below you can see one of the older manboys sitting next to mom Arndt (who is under the blanket). He has his arm around his mom. :shock:

The physical boundaries for these older guys seem to be non-existent. What adult man climbs into bed with his parents and drapes his arm around his mom as she lays in bed??

arndt_zps70911ced.jpg

If it hadn't been the Arndts in all their awkwardness I would have actually found the "Day before your birthday song"-tradition kind of cute and an older brother making a younger sib's stuffed animal "come alive" for his birthday, would have been kind of endearing if said brother hadn't been a 20-somthing sleeping in a bunkbed and talking in that strange droning half-asleep way.

One of the Arndt's weirder traditions is they have all their kids come into their bedroom every night for a prayer meeting. ALL the kids pile in and even hop on the same bed where their parents sleep and have sex.

In the photo below you can see one of the older manboys sitting next to mom Arndt (who is under the blanket). He has his arm around his mom. :shock:

The physical boundaries for these older guys seem to be non-existent. What adult man climbs into bed with his parents and drapes his arm around his mom as she lays in bed??

arndt_zps70911ced.jpg

The only normal thing I see in this picture is Lizzy (I just can't address her by their nickname) being in shorts.

I had never seen a video; Arndt's in action are even creepier than still photos. I only watched a few minutes of the one above. A penguin's first birthday? Jesus Christ with a Klondike Bar.

arndt_zps70911ced.jpg

Whoa...that is so totally weird. And Daddy Arndt is also there but not under the blanket it appears.

I did watch the birthday video and I had to fast forward after a minute what with all the droning. And there was far too much focus on a stuffed penguin and his "birthday".

These kids are doomed. Seriously. 1. The guys are waiting for the perfect wife to drop down from heaven when they have no means of even meeting women. 2. They have totally unrealistic and creepy expectations. Not even a fundy girl would qualify or even want to put up with it. 3. (and this is the biggie IMO) Mom will not let them go.

And Wizzy, poor girl, is not going anywhere because no guy is going to want to date a girl with her whole family tagging along.

But Lizzy is 16 now. That's still a little girl's outfit. Little shorts, cute smock, t-shirt, hair in two plaits. Little girl's demeanour too.

And anyway, what's she doing in shorts? I thought they were fundies.

I wonder if she chose the outfit or Mother Arndt did? It infantilises her in a very odd way.

Archived