IGNORED

All My Arrows - Another AK QF Family

Alecto

allmyarrows.com/

I just discovered this blog a few days ago. It's full of some classic fundie stuff. Her husband is a wrestling coach, and leaves her alone on a remote island for 3-5 days at a time while 8 months pregnant with 3 kids under 5.

allmyarrows.com/2012/12/an-encourager-in-discouraging.html

We now live in Alaska, which means there is a wrestling meet every weekend - but travel forces him to be gone for four days at a time, every single week. I now have three children, five and under, to take care of while he is gone. I am about 8 months pregnant. It is winter which means that while he is gone, someone is responsible for shoveling snow, chopping wood, keeping a fire going, losing electricity, grocery shopping for our large family in three or more feet of snow.... all that good stuff. Back when we were first married, a wrestling trip meant two days playing World of Warcraft alone or hanging out with my sister. One trip this year left me on my own for, I believe, six days when the ferry was delayed.

This goes on for about two to three months. It may sound like I am trying to be a martyr, but this is the grueling reality of wrestling season for me. Josh likes to make it seem like it is hard on him too, and I know it is - traveling is exhausting and being away from family sucks. But in all honesty, he gets to leave town and eat out and go shipping and hang out with his wrestlers, whom he considers friends. I don't get to do any of that while he is gone. Just leaving the house with three small children while pregnant and in the snow is ridiculous at best. I am basically a single mother through all this - once he does get home, he has to go back to work at the school and is so tired from travel and everything else that he can't help much. I know it's not a competition of who has the worst time during wrestling season, but just throwing it out there; wrestling season is a huge struggle for our family.

In seven years, I have learned that it is not about me. What do I get out of this awesome time when Josh is coaching wrestling? Not a whole lot. Just the satisfaction of knowing that my husband is doing something that makes him happy, and something that could potentially be a ministering opportunity. That's it. For those reasons alone, I have to encourage him rather than discourage him. I don't need to let him know how hard it is to be alone for days at a time, especially while pregnant - he already knows this. My duty consists of encouraging him by letting him know that yes, it is hard and yes, I am tired, sore, and lonely but I can handle this. This is something I can do for him. I can be strong and take care of everything at home while he is doing what he needs to do.

So, pretty much she gets to have all the babies, do all the things, not spend time on herself, and not complain. Why would someone want to live like that? Why isn't her husband chopping wood BEFORE he leaves.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When does she get to be happy or do things that make her happy. That post certainly isn't a glowing recruitment for their lifestyle.

No kidding. More like a cautionary tale actually: don't be stupid and make the same choices I made.

Sometimes my husband picks up extra work on the weekends to help make ends meet, and I stay home with the kids. It's not super fun but I try not to bitch too much because we are lucky to get the extra income. But he misses his kids when he has to work extra, and he normally tries to take them to the park or something once he's home and I get some alone time. But we try to be considerate and sensitive to eachother's needs...something this poor woman doesn't seem to understand.

She is more honest than other QF moms, I will give her that. Most of them are like, "I LOVE chopping wood! I LOVE having a houseful of snot-nosed toddlers! I LOVE being mistress of the estate! I LOVE being home alone all the time!" You have to read slowly to see the bitterness and depression dripping from every word.

What a sad existence. Jeez, couldn't he ask a neighbor to come and chop the wood for her? And what will happen when she goes into labor? Will she be driving herself to the hospital in drifts of snow and leaving the children to play for a few days in the waiting room? Or perhaps just stay home and put on a Veggie Tales to amuse the children while she pushes?

Well, at least her husband is saying "You sound tired, you should take a nap" rather than scolding her for not keeping sweet.

But it sounds as though she only gets "me" time when she "forgets" to put others first, instead of prearranging that her husband use some of that extra income to get a sitter on Friday afternoons so she can go read a book in peace and quiet or whatever.

I think it's interesting that the family lives in Hoonah, which is primarily a Tlingit community. I wonder if she and her husband are native, or if they moved there so hubs could be a "Believing teacher" at the local school and minister to the population.

Guest Anonymous

Could it be a fake? It pings my troll-dar for some reason. It just seems to have too many 'classic' fundie marriage issues all in one place... with a little bit of sensationalism injected into every other post.

I'm currently reading about the time when they apparently sat with their in-laws, with the men picking out 'hot' underwear and leering over the models' figures. :?

Edit: the woman seems to have a fb page too that is consistent with her blog.

But it is weird.

Also, I am :shock: at the idea of crocheted tampons but maybe that is just me.

Guest Anonymous
Please tell me you are not serious about the crocheted tampons. Please. They'd be all knobbly and rough . . . .

I followed this link: craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178151.0;all, from a blog post that was mainly about cloth pads, but seemed to throw in the crocheted tampon reference for gratuitous purposes: allmyarrows.com/2012/01/menstrual-pads-yes-menstrual-pads-or.html

C'mon, there must be a few happy hookers amongst us, who could oblige. Though please note the special instructions, below. :lol: :

Here's the pattern I made. Please respect my copyright. I'm happy for anyone to make them for their personal use and/or amusement, but please don't make them to sell. I spent a long time working on the design.

Also I am not a medical professional. I make no guarantee that they won't kill you or make your genitalia unhappy with you. You use them at your own risk and I accept no responsibility for their (mis)use.

EDIT: It's been brought to my attention that the washing and care instructions I had previously were sub optimal. I suggest looking online for instructions on how people care for cloth diapers or cloth menstrual pads.

OMG. Believe me, I am sitting here with my legs crossed.

OUCH!!!

Have to show these to the daughters, just for giggles though! Give me my moon-cup any day.

OK, maybe I'm not getting something, but is it normal for a fundie woman to be playing World of Warcraft? :?

OK, maybe I'm not getting something, but is it normal for a fundie woman to be playing World of Warcraft? :?

I wondered this too...

That is just sad. HOW in the HELL is she chopping wood at 8 months pregnant? I felt accomplished when I tied my own shoes when I was that pregnant.

I also wondered about the World of Warcraft...

I think it's eclectic. Ask Brandy.

What a soap-opera name for the blog!

"And now, gentle listeners, the Make Your Own Laundry Detergent Company and Jesus Loves You Cigarettes bring you 'All My Arrows,' the story of a mother in Alaska, her occasional husband, and their quiver.

Will Abby be able to chop enough wood to before delivering her newest baby? Will the fact that she left the crochet hook in the tampons she gave to her neighbor ruin their friendship? Will the Iditarod racer who keeps trying to buy her children ever understand when she explains that 'Huskey' is their last name, not their breed?

Stay tuned, stay by your radio, and find out!"

(cue organ music)

Denim and Lace who posted on the 7xSunday board played WOW with her husband; she thought it was ok because she played a priest.

She was also the one who called her husband SIR. So fundies do play World of Warcraft.

Denim and Lace who posted on the 7xSunday board played WOW with her husband; she thought it was ok because she played a priest.

She was also the one who called her husband SIR. So fundies do play World of Warcraft.

That amuses me greatly, since I'm assuming that wimminfolk taking a priesthood role IRL would be verboten in their world view!

I'm trying to figure out how one would use wrestling as a ministry opportunity, but I'm coming up with nothing.

Ask them if they'll acceptJesusastheirpersonallordandsaviour while they're in a headlock.

Ask them if they'll acceptJesusastheirpersonallordandsaviour while they're in a headlock.

And get on your hands and knees while doing so.

No, probably while they're stuck on the ferry or in an airplane and can't get away. :roll: Minister to people. Don't use them as targets for ministry. There's a difference!

I followed this link: craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178151.0;all, from a blog post that was mainly about cloth pads, but seemed to throw in the crocheted tampon reference for gratuitous purposes: allmyarrows.com/2012/01/menstrual-pads-yes-menstrual-pads-or.html

C'mon, there must be a few happy hookers amongst us, who could oblige. Though please note the special instructions, below. :lol: :

snip

I knit and crochet and no, no, nonono would never in a mazillion-bazillion years make a knitted or especially crochet tampon. The pattern calls for cotton yarn or hemp. I just made stockings for my friends this year for Christmas out of cotton-hemp blend and I can't imagine that yarn all up in my cash and prizes. I do have an adorable pattern for a menstrual cup cozy. If this blogger lady wants to make a pad, good for her. I will stick with modern advances in menstrual technology, thank you very much.

Archived