IGNORED

All My Babies' Mamas- New Reality Show on Oxygen

Bethella

Has anyone hear heard about the new show that Oxygen is filming- All My Babies' Mamas?

shine.yahoo.com/parenting/oxygens-show-babies-mamas-makes-everyone-mad-hasnt-212100389.html

Apparently it is about a man, his eleven children by ten women and his new girlfriend who is only one year older than his oldest child. :? Why do I think that this is going to be just like Sister Wives without the thin veneer of religion smeared over the chaos and in-fighting?

I feel sorry for the people of Oregon. It's like Buckwild here. People were quite mad about a Jersey Shore style reality show mocking my state, that's mocked enough as it is for being one of the poorest and fattest states (I believe just behind Mississippi).

I feel sorry for the people of Oregon. It's like Buckwild here. People were quite mad about a Jersey Shore style reality show mocking my state, that's mocked enough as it is for being one of the poorest and fattest states (I believe just behind Mississippi).

Actually they are from Atlanta, not Oregon.

If they need another man for this I know one! 7 kids 6 baby mommas... and more on the way.

There is another one down south of me that just was told by the judge that if he got another girl pregnant while he was behind on child support he'd send him to prison for a parole violation. Which is totally legal here.

I watched a ten minute preview of this show. Why oh why, because I'll never get those ten minutes back! The guy is also dating a nineteen year old (same age as some of his oldest kids) and it seems the show will focus on a "power" struggle between her and the other women on who manages his checkbook.

On the other hand, I did see glimpses of Sister Wives. Ugh.

Ugh. This show will reinforce ALL the stereotypes that idiots already believe.

No kidding. Just wait until the Stinking Lousewife finds out about this show. She might actually have an orgasm.

And can we please stop devoting shows to people just for having kids? Not just this baby daddy fuckwit, but the Duggars, the Teen Moms, etc.? Just stop, and start focusing on people who actually contribute to society.

I get weird when man has a one child from a previous relationship. Personally, for me, it's a red flag (I'm 25 btw). How does someone think it's going to be "different" this time with a man who has 10 baby mamas????

I get weird when man has a one child from a previous relationship. Personally, for me, it's a red flag (I'm 25 btw). How does someone think it's going to be "different" this time with a man who has 10 baby mamas????

I feel the same way & I'm 32. I just can't even consider dating someone who has kids, I don't want any "mama drama" in my life.

Actually they are from Atlanta, not Oregon.

:oops: I think I misread one of the Oxygens as Oregon. My bad.

Edited to add: Seeing stereotypes, Atlanta and "rapper", please, oh, please tell me he's not black.

:oops: I think I misread one of the Oxygens as Oregon. My bad.

Edited to add: Seeing stereotypes, Atlanta and "rapper", please, oh, please tell me he's not black.

Okay- I won't tell you, :shhh: but they all appear to be black.

Wow, just wow. This guy needs to wear a condom. Surely these women knew he got all of the other women pregnant before having unprotected sex with him as well, I think I would see it as a major red flag if there was more than one or two other mothers of his kids.

I think i would be slightly more impressed if they weren't perpetuating the stereotype that black men are sperm donors and just create broken families. I love my hairdresser, but he has about the same kid/baby mama ratio as this guy. Why not pick someone like him?

I think i would be slightly more impressed if they weren't perpetuating the stereotype that black men are sperm donors and just create broken families. I love my hairdresser, but he has about the same kid/baby mama ratio as this guy. Why not pick someone like him?

Probably because your hairdresser has the common sense not to participate in a circus like this.

Wow, just wow. This guy needs to wear a condom. Surely these women knew he got all of the other women pregnant before having unprotected sex with him as well, I think I would see it as a major red flag if there was more than one or two other mothers of his kids.

Same here

Probably because your hairdresser has the common sense not to participate in a circus like this.

touche, bethella. Yeah, I guess you have to agree to this tomfoolery in order to participate.

No kidding. Just wait until the Stinking Lousewife finds out about this show. She might actually have an orgasm.

And can we please stop devoting shows to people just for having kids? Not just this baby daddy fuckwit, but the Duggars, the Teen Moms, etc.? Just stop, and start focusing on people who actually contribute to society.

Because people who contribute to society are too busy contributing to society and have enough dignity not appear on TV, probably.

There is a campaign to pull this disgraceful excuse for a television program off the air before it comes on. See the MoKelly Report (mrmokelly.com) for more information. I would hope that if it airs there would be little to no audience. I have nothing against guilty pleasure tv (in measured doses, I balance mine with lots of PBS and NatGeo), but how low can you go?

It is interesting that this situation represents an unofficial polygamy culture in the US, this "rapper" is not the first man to have mutiple children by multiple women. Ugh, but if that's what these women want, I just hope the children are OK. Then again, children are harmed in unhealthy monogamous relationships too. Women should value themselves more.

There is a campaign to pull this disgraceful excuse for a television program off the air before it comes on. See the MoKelly Report (mrmokelly.com) for more information.

Can't people just change the channel if they don't want to watch it?

Can't people just change the channel if they don't want to watch it?

Kind of what I meant by "hopefully there will be little to no audience". I certainly didn't plan to watch this drivel. However, I understand where Morris O'Kelly is coming from. He is a Black journalist and therefore is invested in not wanting the worst African American images splattered accross the airwaves. If images were not powerful, there would be no advertising industry. Television is a very powerful medium, and some concepts are so tasteless and offensive that perhaps, just perhaps, they should not be developed into programming. I daresay that no network would consider a comedy about the Holocaust, or slavery, even though people could always just change the channel and not watch those programs either.

So while we all retain the freedom to NOT watch something, societal damage may be done by airing programs that reinforce seriously negative stereotypes or that are strongly offensive to particular groups, especially concerning African Americans, where the whole is judged by the actions of a few. Just my opinion, YMMV.

I daresay that no network would consider a comedy about the Holocaust, or slavery, even though people could always just change the channel and not watch those programs either.

I know two different shows on Comedy Central that have had comedy sketches about slavery and one of them poked fun at Nazis. The Comedy Central Roasts also have featured some pretty offensive material.

Archived