IGNORED

Tied up at the moment Cuffed priest granted leave

doggie

This is just too funny Nothing like a kinky priest. As long as he is not gay of course.

http://illinoistimes.com/Springfield/ar ... oment.html

The pastor of St. Aloysius church on Springfield’s north end has been granted a leave of absence after he called 911 from the rectory and told a dispatcher that he needed help getting out of handcuffs.

“I’m going to need help getting out before this becomes a medical emergency,†Father Tom Donovan told a dispatcher who sounds a bit incredulous during the Nov. 28 call.

“You’re stuck in a pair of handcuffs?†the dispatcher asks.

“(I was) playing with them and I need help getting out,†Donovan responds.

Donovan told the dispatcher that he was alone in the rectory. It’s not clear exactly how he ended up in handcuffs or why he feared a medical emergency. His voice sounds garbled or muffled on the tape, and sources say that police discovered some sort of gag on the priest when they arrived.

The diocese has been tight-lipped about the matter, saying only that Bishop Thomas Paprocki granted Donovan’s request for a leave of absence at some point before Christmas. The diocese knows about the incident, given that Brad Huff, an attorney for the diocese, has been given a copy of the 911 tape by the Sangamon County Emergency Telephone System Department. Kathie Sass, spokeswoman for the Diocese of Springfield, said that the diocese also has a copy of a police report on the matter.

Sass would not disclose Donovan’s whereabouts or say whether he is staying at a church-affiliated location.

“I wouldn’t be able to tell you where Father Donovan is,†Sass said. “There’s a matter of privacy there.â€

Sass said that Donovan approached Paprocki after the incident and asked for help.

“He came to the bishop before anyone was aware of the incident,†Sass said. “He came to the bishop and asked for help and was granted leave.â€

Paprocki reviewed the police report after speaking with Donovan, and the police account jibed with what the priest told the bishop, Sass said.

" It’s not clear exactly how he ended up in handcuffs or why he feared a medical emergency. His voice sounds garbled or muffled on the tape, and sources say that police discovered some sort of gag on the priest when they arrived."

Guess this supports my personal theory that the repressed ones are the most fun. ;)

Sad to say I think there are more like this one, than the ones involved with children. Sadly, both seem to get swept under the rug.

Sad to say I think there are more like this one, than the ones involved with children. Sadly, both seem to get swept under the rug.

Ummm, why is it sad? The guy is a little kinky....so what?

Ummm, why is it sad? The guy is a little kinky....so what?

Kinky is not a bad thing, but there's that whole taking a vow of celibacy that's involved in the priesthood. I wasn't clear in my wording, I guess - my only take is that he's breaking a vow, that he was very aware of before he became a priest. That's what I think is sad.

So kinky people don't get mad with me. I love kinky stuff too, probably not as much as the hubby does, but I see nothing wrong with how people want to spice up their life. That said, I take my marriage vows very seriously. For me, I'm not going to go outside my marriage and have any type of sexual activity and I don't expect my husband to do that either. If it happened, I would use the same language, that it's sad either one of us broke our vows.

Nah this guy will get defrocked. It's not like he did something minor, or rather, to a minor. :?

And that is the sad bit. If this was a bit of harmless something either alone or with a consenting adult, he'll be defrocked. If it involved minors, well, they'll just move him to another parish and hide it all under the run.

I'm so disgusted by the religion I was raised in. :angry-teeth:

Kinky is not a bad thing, but there's that whole taking a vow of celibacy that's involved in the priesthood. I wasn't clear in my wording, I guess - my only take is that he's breaking a vow, that he was very aware of before he became a priest. That's what I think is sad.

So kinky people don't get mad with me. I love kinky stuff too, probably not as much as the hubby does, but I see nothing wrong with how people want to spice up their life. That said, I take my marriage vows very seriously. For me, I'm not going to go outside my marriage and have any type of sexual activity and I don't expect my husband to do that either. If it happened, I would use the same language, that it's sad either one of us broke our vows.

Ooooh, ok, I gotcha! I thought that you were thinking along the lines of "ewe, kinky priest!" I do forget about the vow of celibacy that Catholic priests take. It is sad that he had to hide that he was with someone (it sounds to me like he was with someone, and he had the other person leave so that they wouldn't be caught when he called 911).

The Catholic church needs to end this celibacy thing....maybe if priests were able to have normal relationships, pedophiles wouldn't be attracted to the priesthood! (I've always felt that pedophiles are attracted to the priesthood, thinking that it will take the pedophilia away from them, but that is just an opinion).

Archived