IGNORED

Bill Gothard called out on Reddit

ladyamylynn

I have some vague memories of him saying stuff about poop floating and sinking. But I can't remember the details.

This is the guy who got obsessed with the periods of teen girls and came up with some idea that if they sleep special light bulbs it would cure pms, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised at anything.

He really is delusional, isn't he?

In my mind it is the opposite though, because he was crazy about fiber/whole wheat bread. He had like a whole fucking wisdom book about eating whole wheat foods. He had a diet that was based on eating something like 24(I could be making this number up!) slices of whole wheat bread a day. His cooking course was all about fiber and eating whole foods. And then he went all raw vegan for awhile.

So I don't think this guy is being totally accurate. I think it is more like Gothard said that if your eating a healthy diet your poop will be one way and good Christians eat a healthy diet so if you are eating a bad diet are you really even a Christian?

In my mind it is the opposite though, because he was crazy about fiber/whole wheat bread. He had like a whole fucking wisdom book about eating whole wheat foods. He had a diet that was based on eating something like 24(I could be making this number up!) slices of whole wheat bread a day. His cooking course was all about fiber and eating whole foods. And then he went all raw vegan for awhile.

So I don't think this guy is being totally accurate. I think it is more like Gothard said that if your eating a healthy diet your poop will be one way and good Christians eat a healthy diet so if you are eating a bad diet are you really even a Christian?

24 slices of bread a day? I can't imagine that being good for anyone.

Raw vegan? Was he encouraging that amongst his followers?

For a bit he was. My mom has a cookbook she bought through him that is mostly raw vegan recipes. It was written by two sisters who were big in ATI at the time. I think he made some of the training centers eat like that. But it was just one of his stages that he quickly got out of. Kind of like how he used to be all, "College, even Christian college is evil and will do nothing but corrupt your mind. You don't need it!" And now he has his own college and makes a big deal about being Dr. Bill Gothard.

If I remember correctly you were supposed to eat so much whole wheat bread that you wouldn't want to eat any unhealthy food so you lost weight. Whole wheat bread was huge in ATI for a time. It wasn't enough to make your own (with a Gothard approved recipe), you had to start grinding your own wheat. And I knew one family that started growing their own wheat.

Some of those comments were pissing me off. The whole "well, I am an atheist but I agree with this Gothard dude that feminists are total bitches." Etc. One guy said that women were never, ever, in world history treated like property or chattel, that this is a feminist lie.

I agree too. I don't know if it was on Recovering Grace or another anti-ATI site, where a former Gothard intern/employee said that Gothard tried to play footsie with her in a van.

Here's the link to the article by one of the women who was sexually harassed by Gothard: http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2012/04/ ... innocence/

Gothard's so creepy...he should be in jail. I seriously wish someone would take him to court for his actions.

I love Reddit sometimes, but then other times I have to walk away before I have an aneurysm.

My sentiments exactly. Such a love/hate thing going on.

I love Reddit sometimes, but then other times I have to walk away before I have an aneurysm.

The amount of incest/rape confessions is one the reasons I just can't go on reddit.

Archived