IGNORED

Real Men

formergothardite

Real men, according to Miss Raquel(who totally does not have crushes on guys and is not focusing on finding a man!!!!eleventy!!!)

A real man is the kind of man a woman wants to give her life to.

A real man is the kind of man a woman(or other man) wants to share her life with. A real man won't expect her to give her life to him.

A real man will honor his lady like the valuable treasure she is.

A real man will realize his love is not an object but a person. He will value the love of his life as a person.

A real man will not attempt to rip her precious pearl from its protective shell or persuade her with charm to give him her treasure before its time.

I"m sorry this one just made me :lol: and :lol: and :lol: . Because you know Miss Raquel put a whole lot of thought in trying to avoid saying sex or virginity and this is what she came up with. And I think the first part might mean rape, and I agree a real man won't rape you, but she should have just said that.

She has a whole list and if your man doesn't match up to all of them, well, you need to dump him. I'm thinking Miss Raquel is going to join the Ardnt boys in never being able to get married because she has such unrealistic expectations of what she wants in a spouse.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

She has one or two good points but gah... I just can't read relationship advice from a sahd. It's like me (never been divorced) on how to cope with divorce.

I'm totally fascinated by her blog. WTF! I'm reading through her interviews with guys right now. One dude says hugging isn't ok, because it's "not safe". Why? Why do these people exist?

You can basically replace "Real Men" with "Men I Find Attractive". Sorry but it's not universal. I can play this game!

Real Men:

love a good snuggle

are good at backrubs

get me off hardcore

realllly smart

are hot

like to do fun things

laugh a lot

She has one or two good points but gah... I just can't read relationship advice from a sahd. It's like me (never been divorced) on how to cope with divorce.

But she is God's Daughter!!!! She knows all there is to know about love because God taught her all about "real men".

She used to have a thing on the side that said her words were God's words because he speaks through her. :roll:

She has such unrealistic expectations for marriage, love and men that when she does get married it is going to be hard. No man can live up to her expectations. She has this vision of her wedding night being her husband reading letters she wrote to him starting when she was 14. No guy is going to want to do that unless he is gay and trying to avoid having sex with her.

Real Men:

Can do laundry

Can cook a meal

Don't "babysit" their own children

Respect my views/beliefs/opinions

Listen

Have self-control

Aren't whiny, bitchy bullies

Psh. My "real man" does the majority of the cooking and housework while I focus on getting through school. Once I'm out of school, I'll be the primary breadwinner (since my career is more lucrative) and my headship will be a stay at home dad. Doesn't make him less masculine...it means we both play to our strengths to make our marriage a success.

But then again, we also live in the Real World and Miss Raquel...doesn't. :doh:

"A real man is the kind of man a woman wants to give her life to."

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was something to be signed over and owned by a man.

"A real man will not tempt a woman."

Alright, time to make man-sized burkas. Anyone have any camouflage print? That way, they can blend in with the trees and us poor wymmenz won't be tempted.

"A real man will not attempt to rip her precious pearl from its protective shell or persuade her with charm to give him her treasure before its time."

I didn't know I had pearls down there...then again, don't some people call vaginas "clams"? Do clams make pearls? Or is it mussels? Why am I thinking about this?

"But above all, a real man loves the LORD with all his heart, mind, and strength. He loves Him more than he loves his lady. And dedicates his life to living for Him and pushing his lady closer to their Savior."

I would rather have a man that loves me more than a figment of his imagination...then again, how can you be considered 100% faithful to an individual if you put someone else before them? Makes no sense.

"A real man prays daily."

A real man showers daily. FTFY.

Gahhhh.... your body is not an oyster factory, Raquel! None of us wimmens make pearls!

If/when you do decide to share your body with someone else, it'll probably be painful and it will be messy and awkward. You might enjoy it and you might not, but with a good partner, you'll continue to explore how to enjoy each other and your own body while you rumble and tumble around.

It's okay to have your own physical wants and desires. It's okay for you to explore and play with things on your own before Mr. Perfect trots up on his white horse. In fact, a good partner will be interested in making you satisfied, both physically and emotionally, so you knowing what you like already will be a Good Thing for you and this Real Man of your dreams.

Ugh. The whole "real man" narrative pisses me off. The whole "real woman" thing does too.

"Real" men love Jesus. Uh, no. Christian men love Jesus. Plenty of real men don't love Jesus.

"Real" women stay at home with their children and keep a perfect home. Uh, no, Housewives stay at home. Unemployed women stay at home. Plenty of real women work.

"Real" men don't give in to sexual temptation. Uh, no. Virgins eschew sexual activity. Plenty of real men (and women) enjoy a healthy sex life.

"Real" women have curves. Uh, no. Curvy women have curves. Thinness and small breasts do not make a woman any less real.

Unpack your damn adjectives, Raquel!

Poor immature, desperate Miss Raquel. She'll either never get married because of her unrealistic expectations and attitude, or she will marry the first attractive male who gives her a chance and then be stuck in a marriage that probably won't be that great.

She hasn't mentioned her "job" since that one post. Wonder if she quit already. Her new picture makes it look like a wild animal is attacking her head.

All that makes you a real man or a real woman is to identify as one.

Real men can stay at home or go out and work. They can wear pink if they want to. They can like cooking and sewing, or sports and cars, whatever they want to.

Same as real women. They can act, dress and be interested in whatever they want to, and have any variety of skills, and still be a real woman. A real woman doesnt have to be good at cooking and cleaning, or even like children.

It doesnt matter what religion they are, or whether they want to have babies, or what their job is, or what theyre good at. It doesnt even matter what genitals they have-I know someone who is undoubtably a real man, but is transgendered and was born with a vagina. Doesnt matter, hes still a real man.

When it comes to what I like, I dont want perfection cause thats impossible. Whoever they are, they have to be nice, want an equal partnership (not forcing me to do all of the work and sitting around and doing nothing, or thinking they can make all of the decisions), can listen, not completely useless around the house, who loves me. Preferably female, but the occaisional male may apply. Preferably atheist, or the kind of believer who does not force their beliefs on others (if I have kids, Id like them to feel they can make their own choices).

Obviously, abusers, rapists, pedophiles etc, are out, cause thats just wrong.

I'm sorry, did she seriously say that her words were God's words because God was speaking through her? Does anybody have a screencap of this playacting child claiming to be a prophet?

Raquel: A feeling of "conviction" is not the voice of God. A feeling of satisfaction because you have correctly recited your subculture's shibboleths is not the voice of God. A feeling of confidence from reading nice things people say to you in the comments on your blog is not the voice of God. At least you stopped displaying that idiotic claim. But did you stop believing it?

Grow up. And make sure your horse has clean water, nourishing food, exercise, training, and medical care.

It's good to see that MR is still really concerned and preoccupied with her younger sister's potentially very serious hospital visit, then.

I can't see her getting married any time soon because I don't know who would. She is annoying in so many different ways, that it pretty much rules out anybody.

It's amazing how much God sounds like the latest issue of Tiger Beat magazine. Say, Miss Raquel! What does the Supreme Being and Creator of All say would be Justin Bieber's dream date?

A real man will not attempt to rip her precious pearl from its protective shell or persuade her with charm to give him her treasure before its time.

Did anyone else get a mental image of all these girls carrying around treasure chests?

Real Men:

Can do laundry

Can cook a meal

Don't "babysit" their own children

Respect my views/beliefs/opinions

Listen

Have self-control

Aren't whiny, bitchy bullies

Yes! A practical list :dance:

Her "real" man sounds like a romance novel character. Also, ummm, my husband doesn't quite make her list and I KNOW he's a real man :whistle:

I'm not quite sure how a man can be anything other than real. Just like a woman is a woman, whether she works or stays at home. And people have different priorities - and that's okay.

And about that whole tempting thing - I don't know about any of you, but I like a little bit of eye candy every now and then (yes, I'm still happily married ;) ). Can someone please explain to me how some of those tempting men aren't real men? :?

I'm sorry, did she seriously say that her words were God's words because God was speaking through her? Does anybody have a screencap of this playacting child claiming to be a prophet?

Raquel: A feeling of "conviction" is not the voice of God. A feeling of satisfaction because you have correctly recited your subculture's shibboleths is not the voice of God. A feeling of confidence from reading nice things people say to you in the comments on your blog is not the voice of God. At least you stopped displaying that idiotic claim. But did you stop believing it?

Grow up. And make sure your horse has clean water, nourishing food, exercise, training, and medical care.

It was a year or so ago and I think it was in her about me section. I just remember reading it and rolling my eyes. Why did no adult in her life see that and say "Honey, you are self-absorbed, boy obsessed teen. These words are not God's words. These are your words saying what you think God thinks and God usually agrees with you, so perhaps it is just you, not God"

I really do get the impression that she thinks she is closer to God's ear than anyone else.

And I was just checking and she added singer and model to the list of things she does.

She is also a writer, singer, abolitionist, freelance model and blogger :lol:

She hasn't mentioned her sister on her FB page either. She is probably still mad that her sister dared to get deathly ill and ruined Miss Raquel's New Years Eve plans.

From her instagram under a picture of a Bible and devotionals:

'Cuz I am waiting for, praying for you, darling. Wait for me too. Wait for me as I wait for you

http://statigr.am/p/361653645660136327_144859871

Did anyone else get a mental image of all these girls carrying around treasure chests?

I pictured one of these type of charms you get at pick a pearl places.

il_570xN.125761101.jpg

On an other note I'm not surprised she managed to make her sisters illness all about her.

It's amazing how much God sounds like the latest issue of Tiger Beat magazine. Say, Miss Raquel! What does the Supreme Being and Creator of All say would be Justin Bieber's dream date?

I love you so much-I think this very accurately sums up Miss Raquel's blog. Can someone explain to me how this little teenage girl who has been sheltered her entire life and claims to have never had a boyfriend or even a crush somehow knows everything about "real men"? She is going to have a very brutal wake up call when she realizes that relationships are not all of this hunky dory fairy tale dream come true illusion she keeps putting on. I also loved her last post about college girls working in ministry-SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO TO COLLEGE HOW WOULD SHE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT! Also, in that particular post she mentions how some of her friends are the only Christians in their campuses/classes. Um let me correct you-I go to a large public university in a fairly liberal area and I can't walk half way across campus without some youth group, or ministry, or whack-o asking me if I've found Jesus.

"...rip her precious pearl from its protective shell..."?

WTF? Methinks no fundie man has ever found her pearl or would know what to do with it if he did. So sad.

She makes(well other people make) pillowcases for girls rescued from sex slavery.

I want to hear her singing, she has a youtube channel somewhere.

Archived