IGNORED

Recruiting the new crop of Scott Brown's interns

meda

I, too, read through the whole application process (the documents are available on his website). They make it very clear that the living conditions are modest (uh, a hot plate and no stove, but 3 showers, so I guess they will be showering a lot but not cooking. Okay...).

Of course not! Cooking is wimmenz work! (Then again, so is cleaning, so I'm surprised to see they'll be doing that.)

I was totally prepared to apply until I realized it was only for the menz. And then I realized that Scott's definition of "internship" is more like 60 hours a week of slave labor. Seriously, I don't know how any man-child from a godly QF family comes up with the money for this. You are provided with dorm-style accommodation (with no laundry facilities) and like 3 meals per week. You have to come up with the money for everything else, but you're supposed to be working for NCFIC literally every single day with no pay.

You just described so many internships out there for college students. I feel these fundies are merely following the current trend of acquiring cheap labor through nice sounding "job training" opportunities. Untrained internships are, sadly, pretty common for those trying to jumpstart their careers. I'm willing to bet that homeschooled young men are no more prepared to enter the job market than anyone other kid their age and do this in the hopes of having something good on their resume. .

I see that Voddie still does not have a peep about Jesus on his 'church' website. Family, family, family, but no Jesus....not even a symbol like the cross anywhere.

Shows, clearly, that they don't worship Christ at all. They have made an idol of the family. Of course we know this, but it is just so obvious!

I have never found a church website that did not mention Jesus, have scripture, and maybe even the 'plan of salvation' that the particular group teaches. Most even have mission statements like ' reachilg a lost world for Christ!'

This site has none of that! Even the topics page does not have a link for Jesus. :shock:

You just described so many internships out there for college students. I feel these fundies are merely following the current trend of acquiring cheap labor through nice sounding "job training" opportunities. Untrained internships are, sadly, pretty common for those trying to jumpstart their careers. I'm willing to bet that homeschooled young men are no more prepared to enter the job market than anyone other kid their age and do this in the hopes of having something good on their resume. .

The difference is, that a dodgy as a lot of internships are, they are still teaching ppl how to do real jobs. What possible career options does a NCFFIC (or whatever the acronym is) intern have? Even Peter Braderick, who obviously was successful enough to snag the top prize of Scott Brown's eldest and most attractive daughter, still seems to be scrapping a living together with a strange assortment of cabinet installation, farming and running an overblown boy scout's operation.

They claim the internship program costs the church $60,000. I'm wondering how when these men are not paid, are not fed, are not clothed by the church and provide 8.5 hours of unpaid labor daily to the church. The "dorm" (located above The Olde English Tea House) cannot cost that much!

I know that Richard Mittens completed an internship application last year I don't remember if it was for Scott Brown or some other fundies.

I cant remember if I did it as Richard or if I signed it "Buzzard." Either way, it was vision forum. I also did a purity pledge and some other random something. Never heard back from any of them. Most likely because I wrote them all.. in purple crayon...

Not all internships are bad. My older brother was offered a high-paying job immediately upon graduation because he had interned with the organization the summer before. Those types of opportunities are valuable because there ain't a lot you can do with a BS in Biology, even if it comes (as his did) from one of the best university biology programs in the US. His field has nothing to do with his degree but he ended up liking the new field better.

However, I doubt that Scott Brown is going to be scoping out job opportunities for the more promising of his proteges. And the organization cannot bring money enough in to offer even one intern a year a job at a living wage. Especially when you consider that they will soon be supporting a growing single-income household.

I am sure the recruits are taught about the evils of alcohol.Funny thing back in September the White Street brewery opened up right next to the NCFIC office in Wake Fores,NC.Cracks me up whenever I drive by the place.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I know Scott Brown is a total ass about selling his "internship opportunity", but he seriously needs to have someone with proper grammar skills editing his publications.

"One of the most exciting parts of our work at the NCFIC has been what God has done through our intern program. We have seen God work in a mighty way through the daily discipleship, the hard work, the camaraderie, the opportunities, and the sacrifice involved in being an NCFIC intern. We have seen men grow, stretched, convicted, and transformed."

If men grow, then they also stretch, convict, and transform, not stretched, convicted, and transformed.

Hello! I guess he was probably homeschooled, too.

So annoying.

Oooo, his real purposes are revealed: stretching men! Oooooo, Scottie!

I doubt he was homeschooled. His own mother, while wearing the dumpy, movement-restricting, canvas-resembling long skirts he imposes on his wimmenfolk, still has her hair cut and styled in her ... 80s?? and wears makeup and just has that bearing of a woman in control of herself. I rather imagine she was happy to shoosh little Scottie out onto the big yellow bus so that she could sit down at the table with a cuppa, a cigarette (they're from NC, after all) and a friend on the phone for a while before commencing her modern-day cleaning and cooking.

Proverbs 31 woman? Sure, when she was dang good and ready (one more cuppa....)

I also bet an intern wrote that.

Oooo, his real purposes are revealed: stretching men! Oooooo, Scottie!

I doubt he was homeschooled. His own mother, while wearing the dumpy, movement-restricting, canvas-resembling long skirts he imposes on his wimmenfolk, still has her hair cut and styled in her ... 80s?? and wears makeup and just has that bearing of a woman in control of herself. I rather imagine she was happy to shoosh little Scottie out onto the big yellow bus so that she could sit down at the table with a cuppa, a cigarette (they're from NC, after all) and a friend on the phone for a while before commencing her modern-day cleaning and cooking.

Proverbs 31 woman? Sure, when she was dang good and ready (one more cuppa....)

I also bet an intern wrote that.

LOL. I'll bet his genius of a son (the man-child, David) wrote it. I think he's Scott's publicist. So he would have been homeschooled by Debbie (of the Hair of the Wild Who Wears Ponchos to Weddings of Her Children). Another fine example of the quality edjukashun in that family...

IIRC, Scotty boy actually has a MDiv from a real university. Don't know what Debbie-Wild-Hair-Child-Beater did. I'm sure you're right, though, that one of Scotty's man-kids, who are all SOTDRT alumni, wrote the copy.

IIRC, Scotty boy actually has a MDiv from a real university. Don't know what Debbie-Wild-Hair-Child-Beater did. I'm sure you're right, though, that one of Scotty's man-kids, who are all SOTDRT alumni, wrote the copy.

Well, then I do respect Scott a little more if he actually has a formal education, but then, if he really does, I think somewhere along the way he would have had a writing class or two.

Archived