IGNORED

Recruiting the new crop of Scott Brown's interns

meda

So it's that time of year again, when manly young menz have the chance to learn manly biblical leadership from a very manly man. The casting call has gone out for the 2013 crop of NCFIC interns.

http://www.ncfic.org/internship

I hope they do better this year, the 2012 batch looks very unpromising. Also, Scott is really looking creepy in that photo.

So it's that time of year again, when manly young menz have the chance to learn manly biblical leadership from a very manly man. The casting call has gone out for the 2013 crop of NCFIC interns.

http://www.ncfic.org/internship

I hope they do better this year, the 2012 batch looks very unpromising. Also, Scott is really looking creepy in that photo.

He's got to be one of the smuggest-looking people ever. I will never understand the Dougie-followers and their love of brass buttons. It's such a uniform! What would Steve-o Maxwell say about the contrasting buttons I wonder?

Ooooo, loooook! NCFIC is gathering candidates for their internship program. Doug-is-a-Tool must be SO proud of Scott. I didn't realize NCFIC had actually ever put on an internship program, but to read the description of the program, Scott implies this program has been up and running for awhile.

So, FJers, who is going to be brave enough to email "Mr. David Brown" (hello, he's still not old enough to drink or gamble, is he?) to find out how long the program has been running, how many "graduates" have passed through, and what exactly those successful graduates are doing with their lives? Where are the testimonies, NCFIC?

www.ncfic.org/internship

From the NCFIC recruitment posting (bolding mine):

One of the most exciting parts of our work at the NCFIC has been what God has done through our intern program. We have seen God work in a mighty way through the daily discipleship, the hard work, the camaraderie, the opportunities, and the sacrifice involved in being an NCFIC intern. We have seen men grow, stretched, convicted, and transformed. Our goal is to send out young men who are sharpened, hardened and prepared for the challenges of the 21st century.

"Ping" went the strings of Scott's heart!!

Why do applicants have to include a photo? It can't be for aesthetic reasons--Dougie took on Sippy Cup as an intern, for crying out loud!

Why do applicants have to include a photo? It can't be for aesthetic reasons--Dougie took on Sippy Cup as an intern, for crying out loud!

Maybe its to make sure they look godly and modest enough? Or he doesnt want to work with ugly people?

He might plan on sleeping with the interns? I wonder whether Gothard requires photos before he hires?

Oh look; Token Black Guy.

One of the most exciting parts of our work at the NCFIC has been what God has done through our intern program. We have seen God work in a mighty way through the daily discipleship, the hard work, the camaraderie, the opportunities, and the sacrifice involved in being an NCFIC intern. We have seen men grow, stretched, convicted, and transformed. Our goal is to send out young men who are sharpened, hardened and prepared for the challenges of the 21st century.

If only.

Did freejinger troll the last application process? Or is it my wishful imagination?

I know that Richard Mittens completed an internship application last year I don't remember if it was for Scott Brown or some other fundies.

Did freejinger troll the last application process? Or is it my wishful imagination?

I was totally prepared to apply until I realized it was only for the menz. And then I realized that Scott's definition of "internship" is more like 60 hours a week of slave labor. Seriously, I don't know how any man-child from a godly QF family comes up with the money for this. You are provided with dorm-style accommodation (with no laundry facilities) and like 3 meals per week. You have to come up with the money for everything else, but you're supposed to be working for NCFIC literally every single day with no pay.

And what do you have to show for it at the end? Supposedly you're going to be trained in ministry, but how many opportunities are there, really, for a paying career in ministry, especially for a 20 year old kid with no degrees? And they'll need one that will support a family of unlimited size on a single income. I second whoever wanted to see testimonials from past interns, because I'm pretty sure the only career that this would be useful for would be a "female" job in administration or marketing :?

I was totally prepared to apply until I realized it was only for the menz. And then I realized that Scott's definition of "internship" is more like 60 hours a week of slave labor. Seriously, I don't know how any man-child from a godly QF family comes up with the money for this. You are provided with dorm-style accommodation (with no laundry facilities) and like 3 meals per week. You have to come up with the money for everything else, but you're supposed to be working for NCFIC literally every single day with no pay.

And what do you have to show for it at the end? Supposedly you're going to be trained in ministry, but how many opportunities are there, really, for a paying career in ministry, especially for a 20 year old kid with no degrees? And they'll need one that will support a family of unlimited size on a single income. I second whoever wanted to see testimonials from past interns, because I'm pretty sure the only career that this would be useful for would be a "female" job in administration or marketing :?

My theory is that this is, at least in part, a matchmaking scheme - think Scott Brown as Yenta. (After all, BRADRICK was an NCFIC intern, and look where it got him!) Scott is all about marriage. He hosted that big marriage conference not too long ago, and he has the annual "Our Marriages and the Marriages of Our Sons and Daughters" retreat at his house/barn, where he and his married offspring do a lot of testifyin.' I think he picks what he considers to be the cream of the crop from the young menz, with an eye toward matching them up with the young wimmenz, thus perpetuating the whole "multigenerational faithfulness" ideal.

But yes, I certainly agree - this "internship" amounts to slave labor. Not to mention Scott's creepy ping factor. If I were a parent, I wouldn't let my son anywhere near this nonsense.

"the deposits made in these young men"

No comment that wouldn't come from my inner 14 year old, whom I'm adult enough to silence.

An Asian AND a black guy! Woot! Way to show off your racial diversity, Scott!

I, too, read through the whole application process (the documents are available on his website). They make it very clear that the living conditions are modest (uh, a hot plate and no stove, but 3 showers, so I guess they will be showering a lot but not cooking. Okay...).

And yep -- it's a lot of work, no time for play. I love how they slip in there that they'll be doing some janitorial work! Ha ha. And they'll be marching to the orders of MR. David Brown, who isn't even old enough to vote. Now HE'S someone to be respected!

Scott Brown has the same exact figleaf stance as Doug Phillips (is a Tool). And the same "gee, whiz" smile in these intern photos.

And they'll be marching to the orders of MR. David Brown, who isn't even old enough to vote. Now HE'S someone to be respected!

He's a Godly man with a penis. Isn't that enough? :roll:

My theory is that this is, at least in part, a matchmaking scheme - think Scott Brown as Yenta. (After all, BRADRICK was an NCFIC intern, and look where it got him!) Scott is all about marriage. He hosted that big marriage conference not too long ago, and he has the annual "Our Marriages and the Marriages of Our Sons and Daughters" retreat at his house/barn, where he and his married offspring do a lot of testifyin.' I think he picks what he considers to be the cream of the crop from the young menz, with an eye toward matching them up with the young wimmenz, thus perpetuating the whole "multigenerational faithfulness" ideal.

But yes, I certainly agree - this "internship" amounts to slave labor. Not to mention Scott's creepy ping factor. If I were a parent, I wouldn't let my son anywhere near this nonsense.

Maybe the entire thing is an attempt to find a husband for Claudia :lol:

Golly, distant relatives complete these kinds of programs, and my parents and wax endlessly about these accomplishments. (but of course never suggested that I do... hmm...too much trouble?)

Who may apply? Any Christian home-educate young man who is at least 18 and no older than 25, who has the full blessing of his parents.

Wasn't Blair's husband, Master Tsantles, 17 when they married?

Speaking of Dougie, he's been awfully quiet lately - nothing posted since December 28. Looking at the VF Ministries event page, there's nothing scheduled yet for 2013, not even a homeschooling convention: http://www.visionforumministries.org/events/

For that matter, what happened to Dougie's buddy, Voddie Baucham? He doesn't seem to have anything scheduled with VF or NCFIC although he appears to be leading a tour to Israel: http://www.gracefamilybaptist.net/media ... ries_1.pdf. Do you think he'll take the whole family, the way Dougie does?

Because it's a new year, and because it can't be said too often: Doug Phillips Is A Tool

Obama budget fiscal Doug Phillips Is A Tool Senate House McConnell

Lots of our fave fundies have been quiet lately - Dougie, Voddie B., the Servens, the Botkins. I think they're all going to ground...or cooking up something really big.

Archived