IGNORED

Now those children are vomiting all over forums

Effie

Is this about us? In that case were are sick (former) children.

This sick teaching produced the sick fruit of sick families. And ultimately, sick children…who grew up. Now those children are vomiting all over forums and blogs designed to blaspheme God and His Ways…when it wasn’t even God’s fault! It was the unhealthy, man-made, “holy†rules of their parents in a sinful reaction to cultural feminism.†Read the rest…

:?

As always they blame everything on feminism... Not sure what it means to be a "sick child" though.

Full version: visionarywomanhood.com/to-correct-or-not-to-correct-your-husband-a-pendulum-post/

Short version: generationcedar.com/main/2012/12/to-correct-or-not-to-correct-your-husband.html

Guest Anonymous

I have only speed-red the article, but I don't think this is about us.

I think the argument she is making is for what she perceives to be a need for 'balance' in a marriage relationship, somewhere between the 'extremes' of (1) equality, and (2) the Maxwellian 'doormat' position, where a wife will accept her husband's decision to drive the kids around without seatbelts, as long as he tells her God said it was OK. Kelly has worked out a 'middle ground' and the article is her means of telling all other women that they're doing it WRONG. :roll:

I think the main reason women like Kelly Crawford and Natalie Wemmick run their blogs because they are not naturally submissive people at all. They need a voice; in the business world they would probably be aiming for management roles, and since the bible says they can't have that, they express themselves through a husband-sanctioned blog ministry, telling other women what to do and getting their 'control' needs met that way.

I recall that Molly Aley was quite frank and articulate about this sort of behaviour, as she blogged about coming out of the patriarchy. She was a strong woman who found herself in an abusive relationship, and she coped by telling other women what to do and what not to do on her blog and on her forums. She recognised it in herself as she was leaving fundamentalism behind, and channelled her energy into getting an education and a job where she could have a more genuine and helpful impact on the world.

Oh I'm not familiar with Molly at all. Thank you for telling me about her. She seems so cool. :) (I will search through freejinger to see what I can find about her.)

Annie, that's an interesting theory actually - that these fundie women blog because they need a voice.

Perhaps I should give Visionary womanhood some credit for not directly (but indirectly) blaming feminism this time.

Guest Anonymous

Perhaps I should give Visionary womanhood some credit for not directly (but indirectly) blaming feminism this time.

You are kinder than me. I struggle to give someone credit for piling shame and blame everywhere other than on themselves. :mrgreen:

That Wemmick thing does my fucking NUT in. It really irritates the living shit out of me.

(The massed ranks of FJ get pissed off when I use "State" too much but it's not my every second word. (Yet.) :oops: )

Also I keep forgetting what the little fuckers are and having to look them up and then getting annoyed all over again that someone is enough of a patronising git to explain to grown adults via the medium of children's stories what she clearly thinks are immensely complex concepts. :roll:

Guest Anonymous
That Wemmick thing does my fucking NUT in. It really irritates the living shit out of me.

(The massed ranks of FJ get pissed off when I use "State" too much but it's not my every second word. (Yet.) :oops: )

Also I keep forgetting what the little fuckers are and having to look them up and then getting annoyed all over again that someone is enough of a patronising git to explain to grown adults via the medium of children's stories what she clearly thinks are immensely complex concepts. :roll:

State? Does it still count as State when it is so fucking running-with-putrid-bile obvious? I thought State was more sophisticated than this. :)

(I still have issues with giving Kelly credit for anything)

I agree, sorry I wasn't clear. I was saying it's maybe an overused term of mine, like "Wemmick" is overused. Not that she is.

Archived