IGNORED

Anti-Planned Parenthood protesters in Portland, Maine

teddybear

Also the most effective way to delay sex :)

Heh, it took me a second to realize what you meant. I thought, "Well, it does take a little extra time to open the condom wrapper, that does slow you down a little..."

Heh, it took me a second to realize what you meant. I thought, "Well, it does take a little extra time to open the condom wrapper, that does slow you down a little..."

LOL

No I meant, education and access to birth control and condoms usually results in teens delaying sex longer.

The guy in the first video blogs about it here: http://www.daddyfiles.com/abort-protesters/

It had a fatal condition, and the protesters basically said "then you should have the procedure done at the hospital [so we don't have to take the intellectual responsibility for the moral greys (grey in their mind I mean) our actions necessarily produce]". They'd never actually bothered to find out whether the procedures under those circumstances were done at the hospital, of course. Like the protesters in the second video : never thought about the implications of their actions, still willing to inflict them on the world.

But it never stopped anyone from protesting at Dr. Tiller's clinic. And all he did was the "moral grey' abortions.

you know, I rarely tell people this because it makes me seem cold hearted...but the thing I feared the most that day was a bombing or a stabbing or something. Because then everyone would find out I had an abortion (I wasn't out and still am not to a certain extent because of the prejudice against late term abortions) Worrying about the crime aspect i think delayed my grieving and also has made me feel guilty all of these years.

And you know...i couldn't convene an ethics committee soon enough to have a practitioner willing to do it in a hospital.

LOL

No I meant, education and access to birth control and condoms usually results in teens delaying sex longer.

Yeah, I get it now. :-)

But it never stopped anyone from protesting at Dr. Tiller's clinic. And all he did was the "moral grey' abortions.

you know, I rarely tell people this because it makes me seem cold hearted...but the thing I feared the most that day was a bombing or a stabbing or something. Because then everyone would find out I had an abortion (I wasn't out and still am not to a certain extent because of the prejudice against late term abortions) Worrying about the crime aspect i think delayed my grieving and also has made me feel guilty all of these years.

And you know...i couldn't convene an ethics committee soon enough to have a practitioner willing to do it in a hospital.

That doesn't make you sound cold-hearted at all.

Long-time lurker and wicked proud Portlander here! My friends and I will be at this protest with bells on. I was actually surprised to hear that the Planned Parenthood protesters were becoming a problem - this is an extremely liberal, pretty irreligious, and not-even-a-little-bit-fundie town. (Aside from the occasional lone street preacher shouting during outdoor concerts, the fundies generally don't even bother with us here.) Now I just need to come up with a clever sign that will do FJ proud. ;)

Long-time lurker and wicked proud Portlander here! My friends and I will be at this protest with bells on. I was actually surprised to hear that the Planned Parenthood protesters were becoming a problem - this is an extremely liberal, pretty irreligious, and not-even-a-little-bit-fundie town. (Aside from the occasional lone street preacher shouting during outdoor concerts, the fundies generally don't even bother with us here.) Now I just need to come up with a clever sign that will do FJ proud. ;)

Hand out flying-spaghetti monster tracts. I read somewhere on here that a woman did that when protesters were at an abortion clinic when she was getting an abortion and started to harass her. Then the cops came. I forget who she was, tho. * goes to look her up *

Hand out flying-spaghetti monster tracts. I read somewhere on here that a woman did that when protesters were at an abortion clinic when she was getting an abortion and started to harass her. Then the cops came. I forget who she was, tho. * goes to look her up *

That's a pretty great idea. Has anyone come up with a FJ tract yet? ;)

I've got to tell my financial planner not to make any donations in my name without asking me beforehand. I found out that they made a donation to a local "crisis pregnancy center" for me. That's just not acceptable. I'll have to tell them I'll take my business elsewhere if they persist. I like my financial planner otherwise.

Archived