IGNORED

Priest says women bring sexual violence on themselves

doggie

They are just saving the poor womens from all the stress of having to lead. It is for our own good. We just need to scamper back to making casseroles and tending the kids just like god intended.

This. If you believe what's best for women is keeping them in their homes having/raising children and leaving everything else to the men (husband and/or priest), the Catholic Church is very pro-woman.

I wonder what this priest would say if you asked him why men are sexually assaulted? Or children? Were they dressing inappropriately and neglecting the housework as well? Or, in his clearly infinite ignorance, does he just think it never happens?

Yes, I wonder how he explains little kids in diapers being sexually or physically assaulted by family members.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, I wonder how he explains little kids in diapers being sexually or physically assaulted by family members.

I think that's covered by the original bullshit:

Children are abandoned to their own devices, homes are dirty, meals are cold or fast food, clothes are filthy.

It is not only that women who dress in 'provocative' clothes 'provoke' their own rapes (believe me, I'm shuddering as I write this). The idea is, women who are (supposedly) neglectful mothers cause their children to grow up and be rapists/abusers/attackers. So women are not only responsible for their own attacks (again, I'm shuddering), but they are responsible for attacks on other people (including men and children).

It's strange how the systems that present men as stronger/smarter/better can always find a way to hold women ultimately responsible.

Archived