IGNORED

Priest says women bring sexual violence on themselves

doggie

For once not in the us. Looks like everyone came out against this jerk.

http://www.thejournal.ie/piero-corsi-sa ... 8-Dec2012/

A CATHOLIC PRIEST has sparked outrage in Italy by claiming that women bring sexual and physical violence on themselves by dressing provocatively and neglecting housework, Italian media are reporting today.

Fr Piero Corsi said in a Christmas message posted on the door of his church in the small parish of San Terenzo, near Lerici and La Spezia in northwest Italy:

How often do we see girls and mature women going around scantily dressed and in provocative clothes?

They provoke the worst instincts, which end in violence or sexual abuse. They should search their consciences and ask: did we bring this on ourselves?

The leaflet, a copy of which was posted online sparking a wave of outrage across the country, said the 118 women killed in acts of domestic violence in Italy in 2012 had pushed men to their limits. Corsi also wrote:

Is it possible that all of a sudden men have gone mad? We don’t believe it.

The fact is that women are increasingly provocative, they become arrogant, they believe themselves to be self-sufficient and end up exacerbating the situation.

Children are abandoned to their own devices, homes are dirty, meals are cold or fast food, clothes are filthy.

The region’s bishop, Luigi Ernesto Palletti, stepped in as the story went viral and said Corsi’s words were “unacceptable and go against the church’s common feeling on the matterâ€.

Amid protests from women’s rights and anti-violence campaigners, Corsi was widely reported by Italian media to have apologised to his congregation and handed in his resignation.

He later denied the reports, saying a resignation letter sent to news agencies was “probably a fakeâ€, adding that he was going to “take a rest†but had no intention of stepping down.

“I don’t know whether you’re a queer or not, but what do you feel when you see a naked women?†he asked a reporter for Rai Radio.

“Are women themselves not causing harm by unveiling themselves like this?â€

The mayor of San Terenzo said the message had left the town’s residents “dumbfounded and indignant,†while an elderly female resident told Sky Italia television that Corsi “should keep a low profile as he has lots of secrets he would not wish to come outâ€.

Disgusting. The strangest part is the extreme relativity that this and other jerks' opinions are based on. The standard of women's dress is ever-evolving over centuries and cultures and there is no one right way to do it. Consider African tribes, for example, that go mostly nude, except for a rope or other ornament required to be worn by either gender (else the wearer be considered immodest).

The mayor of San Terenzo said the message had left the town’s residents “dumbfounded and indignant,†while an elderly female resident told Sky Italia television that Corsi “should keep a low profile as he has lots of secrets he would not wish to come outâ€.

If only this were in America, you know someone would be investigating what the elderly woman knows.

Keep on talking, Church, keep on talking. You'll keep on losing members and when that happens, claim that people are straying from morals. People don't want to be told how to live their lives, they want a religious community that will accept them. Priests like this and others such as bishops and the Pope are sick fucks.

FFS, no means no! It doesn't matter if the woman is dressed like a nun or is in her birthday suite. Women don't bring rape upon themselves. It's about men are power hungry and who seek to control and dominate women in the worst way possible. Nothing a priest or anyone else for that matter can change that.

This priest one of those men who will holler at me even if I'm wearing a grey dress with a grey cardigan, my glasses and my hair in a bun. (My "f*** off" outfit.) The ultimate misogynistic perv. I know this type. I had one of these yell at me, I thought he needed help because he was about 89, he sat in a wheelchair and I asked what could I help. He grunted what he would do to me and how filthy I was. Since choking them is illegal, you can't do anything, except responding. I did. (Problem is, they book the nastiest comments as compliments and sign of affection and acknowledgement.) Being a woman is a damn fate.

A CATHOLIC PRIEST has sparked outrage in Italy by claiming that women bring sexual and physical violence on themselves by dressing provocatively and neglecting housework, Italian media are reporting today.

So now I deserve to be raped and beaten because I sometimes leave the dishes in the sink? That's a new one on me. I don't think my male landlord or the several male plumbers who came to my place this week got the memo either, because my house wasn't sparkling and none of them decided to rape me or beat me to death.

You cannot explain, justify, chart out misogyny. You can't. My house is bacteria free, very clean but objects are sometimes all over. It's none of anyone's business. I am not a slave to my objects, they are meant to serve me, not the way around. They are where I place them. Anyone who does not like that is welcome to get the heck out of my place. Problem solved.

I wonder how he would react if somebody walked into his office, inspected his files, and then claimed the right to subject him to physical violence on the grounds that he hadn't alphabetized correctly.

Sauce for the goose. Sauce for the gander.

Sounds like father has been waited on hand and foot all his life, and women today aren't falling over themselves to clean the rectory or bring over to him hot dinners. Amazingly, they probably don't even feel it's necessary to wear a veil to mass anymore!

I would love to know what secrets this elderly lady interviewed by Sky is referring to.

Who was it who kept telling us how the Catholic church is not sexist?

PixieDust (not to be confused with pixydust) said, "The Catholic Church is the most pro-woman organization around."

Call me a bitch, but, I don't get how a celibate, single guy can give all the advice and judgement on marriage/domestic abuse/women's clothing/sexual abuse.

It's like when relatives went to marriage training with the priest before they got married. I couldn't get over the fact they were taking that sort of advice from a virgin who thinks sex is dirty & has no intention of ever being in any sort of relationship

Keep on talking, Church, keep on talking. You'll keep on losing members and when that happens, claim that people are straying from morals. People don't want to be told how to live their lives, they want a religious community that will accept them. Priests like this and others such as bishops and the Pope are sick fucks.

Sadly, it's harder than you think to become a ex-Catholic. If you have been baptized Catholic, but never attend church, never had any other sacraments, you are STILL considered a member of the Catholic church. Your baptism is proof of your membership and counts you as a Catholic.

You have to be excommunicated from the Catholic church. I'm about to work on my letter to get myself excommunicated. I'm so beyond disgusted with everything this church represents. I refuse to be counted as one of their millions of members. If anyone else is interested in getting excommunicated (officially leaving the church), here's a good site that explains how to do it:

atheistactivist.org/Defect.html

You have to be excommunicated from the Catholic church. I'm about to work on my letter to get myself excommunicated. I'm so beyond disgusted with everything this church represents. I refuse to be counted as one of their millions of members. If anyone else is interested in getting excommunicated (officially leaving the church), here's a good site that explains how to do it:

atheistactivist.org/Defect.html

I think peeing in the holy water would be easier.

I think peeing in the holy water would be easier.

:lol: No kidding!

Sadly, I just remembered why I haven't attempted to get excommunicated yet. I have french-language rights in Ontario. If I ever want to send any of my future kids to a french-language school, I'd have a tough time, since, like 90% are run by the Catlick school board. I doubt they'd accept kids into their school whose parent actively excommunicated herself. Argh!!! :cry:

I may just have to use your holy water suggestion to get back at them.

Sorry for the double post. Just wanted to give another website for anyone who is thinking of formally excommunicating themselves from the Catlick church. It's Irish, but has useful links for people in other countries.

Count Me Out: http://www.countmeout.ie/suspension/

No sense on breaking the link. Pretty sure they'd agree with everything here.

I wonder what this priest would say if you asked him why men are sexually assaulted? Or children? Were they dressing inappropriately and neglecting the housework as well? Or, in his clearly infinite ignorance, does he just think it never happens?

Yes, or what about old ladies? 90 year olds have been raped, who were they tempting by dressing inappropriately?

It doesn't matter if the woman is dressed like a nun or is in her birthday suite.

This made me chuckle. My guess is that if you were dressed in your birthday suite he'd try to order room service and break into the liquor cabinet.

Yeah that was her.

She isn't coming back to the board, but according to FB she still believes that way. Not sure how anyone can think that the Catholic church is even the slightest bit pro-woman. They are one of the most un-pro-woman organization around.

She isn't coming back to the board, but according to FB she still believes that way. Not sure how anyone can think that the Catholic church is even the slightest bit pro-woman. They are one of the most un-pro-woman organization around.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure, they are pro-women! How many women are in leadership positions in the RCC? That's just the start...

They are just saving the poor womens from all the stress of having to lead. It is for our own good. We just need to scamper back to making casseroles and tending the kids just like god intended.

Archived