IGNORED

If someone says something you don't like, deport them!

Gil

He is a loudmouth and ungodly obnoxious, but for once I have to say I agreed with him. Loved seeing him hand that gun dude his ass.

The petition to deport Piers Morgan, as well as the petition to declare Westboro Baptist Church a hate group, will be given the old heave-ho by the Obama administration. That's what they did when confronted with the Scientology petition a couple years back.

This is why the Piers Morgan petition will fail:

* The proponents claim that Morgan is presenting a treasonous view of the Second Amendment. This view, however, is held by millions of Americans.

* Deporting Piers Morgan for something stupid like this might cause an international incident. As much as he's a smarmy ass, he is a "journalist" (oh, I wish I could put a thousand quotes around that) and deporting "journalists," especially ones from a known news channel, is bad juju.

As for Westboro Baptist Church:

* The government doesn't have a way to declare an organization a hate group. It can prosecute groups for crimes, but those types of designations are left for organizations like the SPLC.

* That said, if WBC is committing crimes, don't be afraid of their church designation, prosecute 'em.

* What I suspect will happen to WBC over the next couple of decades (if it survives the certain death of its founder), is that due to larger social changes, it will lose any tax exemption it may claim, as will other anti-gay groups. That's because, as GLBT persons gain the rights heterosexuals have in the USA, giving tax exemptions to groups that want to suppress those right is eventually going to run counter to public policy. (See, for example, the long fight between Bob Jones University and the IRS in the 1970s into the early 1980s. The IRS won that one.)

Fascinating run-down, thank you. It's not just scientology petitions they've shut down on that site, I've seen others but I can't recall their topic atm. Anyway, if they keep it up and actually follow through with a response it'll be "we hear your concerns, and here are some reasons why we're taking no action."

All this. But now he is a judge on some shit talent show. For me this is just reward.

He's not on "Americas got talent" anymore (not sure about "Britains g.t.") he now has a journalistic type show on ( I think) CNN.

Gah I hate typing on my phone!

Oh I agree with him in this case. I just resent hearing words with which I agree come out of the mouth of someone who soils words by speaking them.

He's not on "Americas got talent" anymore (not sure about "Britains g.t.") he now has a journalistic type show on ( I think) CNN.

Gah I hate typing on my phone!

Yea, Pierce Morgan has a show on CNN. I think it's called Pierce Morgan Tonight. I never watched it. I just know about it after I channel-surfed.

Yea, Pierce Morgan has a show on CNN. I think it's called Pierce Morgan Tonight. I never watched it. I just know about it after I channel-surfed.

I watched the one with Ann Coulter with some friends as we were bored and had nothing better to do. He actually was fairly reasonable in that one, but then again he was up against Ann Coulter; it would take a lot to be a greater arse than she is.

It's the replacement to Larry King Live.

Also, Kidist is a Canadian, why the fuck is she sounding off on getting a Brit deported from the USA? Jeebus.

but then again he was up against Ann Coulter; it would take a lot to be a greater arse than she is.

I think you're onto something. New game show?

Check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piers_Morgan

For those who understandably find this tl:dr, he's known over here as an incredibly aggressive and thoroughly dishonest newspaper editor. He has been known to lie for headlines, utterly lack any sense of taste and pretty much get his minions to stalk anyone he thinks will get him a headline. He lives up to (down to?) all the worst journalistic stereotypes.

He was in charge of the News of the World when they ruined my friend's childhood by running an expose on her dad, who'd been having an affair but was in no way a public figure. I spit towards him.

thanks. I did not realize he did print journalism as well or was involved in phone hacking. My knowledge of him was limited to knowing he took Larry king's slot and I occasionally watch that. He isn't overly appalling there.

Archived