IGNORED

Birthdays seem to get better and better every year!!

0 kids n not countin

Seth turned 21 on Christmas Day.

As per his post:

Birthdays seem to get better and better every year!!

For the Arndt boys, I don't see how.

Unless of course, M&M pancakes excite you:

Seth Arndt:

An innovation: M&M pancakes!

IMG_20121226_225517.jpg

Uh, hate to break it to the creepy man-child, but M&M pancakes aren't exactly innovative. They were the hangover breakfast of choice for many at the divey breakfast place in my college town.

Uh, hate to break it to the creepy man-child, but M&M pancakes aren't exactly innovative. They were the hangover breakfast of choice for many at the divey breakfast place in my college town.

Maybe he celebrated more than he is letting on. :D

Every birthday where they remain child-like and sheltered gets worse and worse. Each birthday makes me more certain these "boys" will never be allowed to grow up.

Also I really really want M&M pancakes right now.

I predict a future like this guy I know. He was raised by a single mom, who sheltered him from the world and treated him like a child. He wasnt allowed to have friends, go out alone (even taken to and picked up from work by his mom), not allowed to date or do anything adultlike. His mom died when he was in his 40's. He has no idea how to function as an adult or relate to people and is still very childlike, and likely will never catch up to other adults.

We made skittle vodka at uni. Cheap and amazing.

OT, but freejoytoo, did you ever make a vodka watermelon? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oooh, I love vodka watermelons! Pineapples too.

A vodka pineapple??? Please tell me how it works!

Cut top off pineapple. Scoop out flesh and either blend or cut up really finely. Mix with vodka and put back in pineapple. Yummy.

Ah! Thanks! I will try it - not a spirits fan myself really but I think loads of people I know would like that. Having a party in the New Year...

Those M&M pancakes would be awesome if you were celebrating your 8th birthday-- not your 21st. Someone needs to liberate those man-boys. They need to get with some ladies and have some fun. Or they could just get out and be somewhat normal.

Those M&M pancakes would be awesome if you were celebrating your 8th birthday-- not your 21st. Someone needs to liberate those man-boys. They need to get with some ladies and have some fun. Or they could just get out and be somewhat normal.

I think this is really the key. For a lot of these fundie 'kids', they believe it's got to be either one extreme or the other. You either have to live a ridiculously restricted and repressed life in your parents' home, suppressing all sexual thoughts or feelings, or you just go crazy, drink and party and have sex with random people all the time. Now the point is not that it's wrong to do that - it's just that nobody out here in the scary secular world is going to FORCE you to do anything you don't want to do. I'm a liberal university student, I live in my own apartment and make my own decisions, and I still lead a fairly conservative lifestyle, because that is my choice. CHOICE is the key word. Some of my friends love to drink, party, hook up with people, etc. Some of my friends never touch alcohol and didn't/won't have sex until their wedding night. The beautiful thing is that we are all free to make these choices for ourselves, and we can make them based on what we like and what works for us, rather than on fear and paranoia.

Hey now my mom made some awesome vegan chocolate chip pancakes last week and I almost wept from happiness. Then again, I'm home from college on Christmas break and the sight of anything that doesn't come from a can is exciting. I wonder if any of them ache for a life outside the compound or if they really are thrilled that the most exciting thing that happened to them on their 21st was M&M pancakes.

Oh Lord. When I was in college I watched these elementry school aged twins after their parents left for work in the early am before they got on the bus for school. I made them m&m pancakes every year on their birthday. They LOVED it. They were turning like 7-8-9 when I was watching them. Although I did request the headship prepare blueberry pancakes on my last birthday.

what kind of sheltered life have I led where I've never heard of m&m pancakes?! I have to make these for my daughter's upcoming [8th] birthday.

I think this is really the key. For a lot of these fundie 'kids', they believe it's got to be either one extreme or the other. You either have to live a ridiculously restricted and repressed life in your parents' home, suppressing all sexual thoughts or feelings, or you just go crazy, drink and party and have sex with random people all the time. Now the point is not that it's wrong to do that - it's just that nobody out here in the scary secular world is going to FORCE you to do anything you don't want to do. I'm a liberal university student, I live in my own apartment and make my own decisions, and I still lead a fairly conservative lifestyle, because that is my choice. CHOICE is the key word. Some of my friends love to drink, party, hook up with people, etc. Some of my friends never touch alcohol and didn't/won't have sex until their wedding night. The beautiful thing is that we are all free to make these choices for ourselves, and we can make them based on what we like and what works for us, rather than on fear and paranoia.

This. I have rarely or never done a number of the things commonly considered rites of adulthood, including dating, but that has been MY CHOICE, based on what feels right for ME. I cannot imagine living the way these manchildren do, especially after hearing about the effects on that poor man ILoveJellybeans mentioned.

And I'm totally making M&M pancakes, or chocolate chip ones if I can't be bothered walking to the 7-11 in the snow (see? Another choice I get to make. I never appreciated how many choices I can make for myself and how much in my life I have control over before I started reading FJ.)

Hope your new years party goes well. I've known people to do the pineapple thing with rum too, to keep it Caribbean, but I'm not a big fan of brown spirits. Except scotch.

That's finished it off for Sarah Maxwell then. Steve-o would never allow m&m pancakes.

OT, but freejoytoo, did you ever make a vodka watermelon? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No! How does that work?!

In their defence, M and M pancakes do look amazing and I would be thrilled to have them at my birthday. It's all the other stuff that freaks me out. Like someone said, you can live away at home and not go off the rails, so to speak. I've been to university and lived away from home and have never been a wild partier. Done things fundies wouldn't approve of, but then that seems to start at admitting you have hormones so there we go.

Hope your new years party goes well. I've known people to do the pineapple thing with rum too, to keep it Caribbean, but I'm not a big fan of brown spirits. Except scotch.

For those who can't or choose not to drink, Creaming Soda works really well instead of Vodka. Offer it to your kids during summer - they will go a bit loopy but it makes you a really popular parent.

Archived