IGNORED

Hobby lobby gets a kick in the crotch for christmas

doggie

When I hear the christian principles card I always wonder what they are. Because you don't see these people who use that card actually following them. I have heard the place is not a good place to work they don't pay a lot. they don't like full time employees. What are these lofty principles that they are running their business by?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because they believe something doesn't make it true. So they can stand there and scream that they are being forced to pay for babies to be killed, but it won't make it true. But I think they want to avoid the real truth.

I don't care what Hobby Lobby does - I won't spend my money there.

Chick-fil-a gave in to the pressure in regards to their giving money to anti-LGBTQ organizations - and I don't care how much they give in "retribution" - that particular fast-food-franchise will NEVER see another thin dime of mine.

I'd respect these assholes a lot more - if they just fucking came out and said "we're too cheap to pay for healthcare" or "we're against LGBTQ/minorities/aliens/whatever because we're bigoted". All this bullshit and subterfuge is what REALLY pisses me off. And under the lovely *umbrella* of "Christianity"??? It's even uglier.

Here are some more real winners who are trying to get out of health insurance b/c of contraception:

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/29/luitj ... f=business

It looks like they're at least temporarily going to be allowed to drop their health plan that did cover contraception, and to with a plan that does not for a group of their non-unionized workers. And the reason this is being allowed is because the appeals court felt that the Obamacare provision trampled on the company owners' religious beliefs (they're Roman Catholic and don't believe contraception should be used).

What do these people NOT understand about for-profit companies NOT being religious organizations? Why are they being allowed to get away with this? :angry-banghead:

Ugh, fuck you, Domino's. And your pizza tastes like greasy cardboard, so I wouldn't have bought from you in the first place.

Is Hobby Lobby really going to let their company sink because of freakin birth control? They do realize they're screwing their employees over, right? I guess they don't care, since they're all hussies who take birth control anyway.

And these pro-lifers understand that birth control isn't just for preventing pregnancy, right? Am I filthy whore too because despite having never had sex, I'm on birth control to treat what could be Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (which I'm getting tested for this week, ugh)? Assholes.

I agree - this birth control debate IS a smokescreen so the companies can get out of paying for health insurance by claiming they're religious.

Ugh, fuck you, Domino's. And your pizza tastes like greasy cardboard, so I wouldn't have bought from you in the first place.

Is Hobby Lobby really going to let their company sink because of freakin birth control? They do realize they're screwing their employees over, right? I guess they don't care, since they're all hussies who take birth control anyway.

And these pro-lifers understand that birth control isn't just for preventing pregnancy, right? Am I filthy whore too because despite having never had sex, I'm on birth control to treat what could be Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (which I'm getting tested for this week, ugh)? Assholes.

I agree - this birth control debate IS a smokescreen so the companies can get out of paying for health insurance by claiming they're religious.

They've made it crystal clear throughout this saga that they don't care about their employees. Idk if David Green still owns Hobby Lobby, but whoever does is probably a rich bastard who can afford to kill his own company and blame it on Obama. Obamacare isn't a threat to American jobs - Christian CEOs with persecution complexes are.

I'm glad that my family and I never eat from Domino's. I think that I have had it twice, and that was because it was at a friends house before I even knew that they didn't care about the women employees. Boycotting time!

I'm glad that my family and I never eat from Domino's. I think that I have had it twice, and that was because it was at a friends house before I even knew that they didn't care about the women employees. Boycotting time!

For clarity, the article doesn't say anything about Domino's Pizza, only Domino's Farms, whatever that is. The guy who owns Domino's Farms hasn't had a controlling stake in Domino's Pizza since he sold out to Bain Capital in 1998. He is a devout Roman Catholic, but the article doesn't say anything about whether Domino's Pizza is still run under his dubious "principles".

I was curious as to why Domino's would get a pass on the birth control provision, but it hasn't. Domino's Farms is apparently a property management company, and I would guess they could potentially be granted a reprieve from the contraception measure if they employ a small enough number of people.

With these so-called "Christian" companies fanning the flames on contraception coverage, does anyone here think it will move this country down the road to an eventual single-payer system?

I believe the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (yes, Obamacare) is a step in the right direction. Still, I was disappointed when the single payer option/Medicare for All was abandoned so quickly. The whole business of having employers involved in healthcare makes no sense. Hobby Lobby should be thinking about what crafty items they wish to buy from China to sell to the masses, not healthcare. Same with Dominoes and the other companies in the US. They have NO expertise in coming up with health care options for others.

My family and I get a paycheck and healthcare insurance from our employers. We don't get home insurance, auto insurance, legal protection plans, pet insurance, funeral counseling, short-term and long-term disability or life insurance. All of those are offered, we simply don't sign up. I'd like very much to leave my employer out of my healthcare decision in the near future.

I believe that health insurance coverage shouldn't be tied to employers in the first place. So, hopefully madness like this will move the US down the road to a single payer healthcare system.

I believe that health insurance coverage shouldn't be tied to employers in the first place. So, hopefully madness like this will move the US down the road to a single payer healthcare system.

:text-+1::text-yeahthat: We need it so desperately. All people deserve free access to healthcare, the fact that they don't is IMO inhumane.

With these so-called "Christian" companies fanning the flames on contraception coverage, does anyone here think it will move this country down the road to an eventual single-payer system?

I believe the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (yes, Obamacare) is a step in the right direction. Still, I was disappointed when the single payer option/Medicare for All was abandoned so quickly. The whole business of having employers involved in healthcare makes no sense. Hobby Lobby should be thinking about what crafty items they wish to buy from China to sell to the masses, not healthcare. Same with Dominoes and the other companies in the US. They have NO expertise in coming up with health care options for others.

My family and I get a paycheck and healthcare insurance from our employers. We don't get home insurance, auto insurance, legal protection plans, pet insurance, funeral counseling, short-term and long-term disability or life insurance. All of those are offered, we simply don't sign up. I'd like very much to leave my employer out of my healthcare decision in the near future.

I hope so. I would love a single payer option. I'd love to have health care that wasn't dependent on a job and just pay for extra private insurance if I could afford it.

It makes me really sad to think about people worrying about insurance via their jobs.

I see my GP free of charge and my prescriptions are free as well (they're free in Scotland due to a complex and boring thing called the Barnett consequential which you don't want to know about, but the English do not have free prescriptions). I've been rushed to A&E several times as well.

I can honestly say sterling care from everyone involved. Sometimes the NHS can be a bit rough and ready, as it were ;) but you always get the help you need. I can think of 2 times in my life I found doctors unhelpful or unfair. That's in all the doctors' visits I've ever been on in 31 years.

It's so scary to me to imagine people who are sick and can't pay their scripts or can't see the doctor because insurance doesn't cover it. If I went to the doctor and she prescribed me birth control, I could walk out of the surgery, go to a pharmacy and have that script filled for me free of charge. Wait ten minutes, pay nothing, walk out of there with a sack filled wi'Pills.

Why can everyone not have this?

Hi there. First post from a long time lurker.

Anyway, I've been watching the Hobby Lobby bullshit play out here and on their Facebook page. I pointed on on their Facebook page (to no response from the company or really even the leghumpers) that Hobby Lobby has probably already covered birth control and Plan B for employees for several years.

I live in New York and we have had a law requiring companies to cover birth control on the books since 2002: N.Y. Insurance Law § 4303 (2002) requires insurers that provide coverage for prescription drugs to include coverage for the cost of contraceptive drugs or devices approved by the FDA. Religious employers are allowed to deny employees contraceptive coverage provided that employees are informed in writing of such exclusions. Most insurers must provide written notice to enrollees of their right to directly purchase, for an additional premium at the small group community rate, a rider for coverage of contraceptives. (AB 11723)." There are ten Hobby Lobby stores in NY (all upstate, none by me on the Island).

One commenter said that the company only objects to covering Plan B since it's the ABORSHUN PILL!!11!, however NYS law does not exclude Plan B from the above stipulation. As I see it, there are three ways this could play out: Hobby Lobby does not provide health insurance, in which case the above law does not apply, Hobby Lobby met the requirements for religious exemption (doubtful, since NY is pretty strict about it. I attend a Catholic university, and students and professors get birth control and Plan B as part of our health insurance) in which case employees could still purchase birth control and Plan B at the small community group rate, or Hobby Lobby has been in compliance with NYS law and employees have access to birth control and Plan B through Hobby Lobby health insurance.

On the upside, think of the deals the Duggars will get thanks to all those going out of business liquidations. I bet they milk that for five episodes.

Judging by the fiasco that was Anna and Amy trying to learn how to knit (with crochet supplies), I doubt a sale on craft supplies would do them that much good.

I was happy to be able to order my prescription-by-mail birth control pills for the first time TODAY with no co-pay. :D I pay hundreds in health insurance premiums every month and so definitely not getting a free ride, not to mention the hundreds of dollars we owe due to a son's recent hospitalization, but even this small amount helps. Thank you, Mr. President!

I was happy to be able to order my prescription-by-mail birth control pills for the first time TODAY with no co-pay. :D I pay hundreds in health insurance premiums every month and so definitely not getting a free ride, not to mention the hundreds of dollars we owe due to a son's recent hospitalization, but even this small amount helps. Thank you, Mr. President!

:dance: Yay!!! Isn't that a great feeling?

• 2 weeks later...
It makes me really sad to think about people worrying about insurance via their jobs.

I see my GP free of charge and my prescriptions are free as well (they're free in Scotland due to a complex and boring thing called the Barnett consequential which you don't want to know about, but the English do not have free prescriptions). I've been rushed to A&E several times as well.

I can honestly say sterling care from everyone involved. Sometimes the NHS can be a bit rough and ready, as it were ;) but you always get the help you need. I can think of 2 times in my life I found doctors unhelpful or unfair. That's in all the doctors' visits I've ever been on in 31 years.

It's so scary to me to imagine people who are sick and can't pay their scripts or can't see the doctor because insurance doesn't cover it. If I went to the doctor and she prescribed me birth control, I could walk out of the surgery, go to a pharmacy and have that script filled for me free of charge. Wait ten minutes, pay nothing, walk out of there with a sack filled wi'Pills.

Why can everyone not have this?

Seriously. I'm an American here in Scotland and I'm still blown away by the quality and availability of care here compared to in the states. I just spent a week in the hospital having my baby and I shudder to think of what that would have cost me in the states. Not to mention the daily visits from the midwives the first week and now the weekly visits from the health visitor. I've even had a lactation consultant on the phone checking in. Sure it's not free, we pay into National Health, but I can't imagine getting all that for no additional cost through my insurance in the US.

My two week old wee heathen started a wet cough today and when I called the health center to set up an appointment, they sent a doctor to my house so we wouldn't have to expose him to the freezing temps outside and the plague-ridden folk in the health center. I've never in my life had a house call or known anyone who had short of my grandma back in the day when she was young.

They probably don't care either that 5-10 years of oral contraceptive use by women who do not have the BRCA1 or BRCA2 (genetic markers for cancer) gene cuts those women's risk of ovarian cancer, one of the deadliest of the women's cancers, by up to 90 percent. For women with the marker(s) it still cuts their chances of developing ovarian cancer by up to 50 percent. These are facts, straight from the oncologists and cancer researchers. It's a pity more people do not know this.

Since my mom had ovarian cancer and I had a front row seat to the hell she went through with surgery, chemo, etc, you can bet your sweet bippy I'm getting started on birth control pills just as fast I can get in to see my doctor. I've already scheduled the appointment. Whether or not I'm having sex is irrelevant to the equation. I do not EVER want to get ovarian cancer and those pills pretty much ensure that I won't get it!

The nutty pro-lifers and Hobby Lobbyists can just whine away, 'cause I'm not listening. I'm playing the world's smallest violin for them :violin:

• 5 months later...

There is not 100% certainty that Plan B doesn't cause abortions.

christianitytoday.com/ct/2013/may/does-plan-b-cause-abortion.html

womenofgrace.com/blog/?p=19658

Archived