IGNORED

Hobby lobby gets a kick in the crotch for christmas

doggie

:chores-mop: :chores-vacuum:

All nice and clean now--until he comes back and befouls the rug again.

Thank you Hane, I was out in the market place and missed his appearance. I will say it's a shame that EmmieD wasn't around, she'll be disappointed that she missed him :lol:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really just don't believe that they will close their doors instead of pay for something that isn't an abortion. There is no way to look at the morning after pill in a logical way and try and claim it is an abortion. I think that they are going to try and get persecution points, but will eventually start paying for it.

Oh great jericho is back. I hope he calls me a murderer again!

I think I can probably work out how this went, but does anyone feel like retelling anyway?

So first its a smoke screen. Then when its not, they just don't know anything about business? I love how your opinion changed drastically every time a new piece of info comes out. Face it, you just don't like that they are pro-life and you'll say anything to make them look bad.

Is this some weird FJ initiation to be trolled by Jericho? Not that I'm going to engage the cray cray but I feel so darn special that he/she/it acknowledged me! Think I'll go see Les Mis to celebrate!!

It's so adorable that they still claim that they are closed on Sundays so their employees can be with their families. They even have it on their sign on the front door. I went to work at 7am last Sunday(our store is next to a HL) and 'lo and behold a HL truck was unloading. They are lying liars who lie, of course their head honcho doesn't give a shit about his employees and all the shits about pushing his own personal agenda.

The only thing controversial about antibiotics is their overuse. There is no religious implication about antibiotics that I'm aware of. So your point is moot.

So Christian Scientist employers could choose not to cover antibiotics for their employees because it is a tenet of their religion that the germ theory of disease is false, and they wouldn't want to pay for other people to commit the sin of error, and you'd be just fine with that? Or Jehovah's Witness employers could choose not to cover blood transfusions or transplants for their employees because those are violations of their religion's tenets about bodily integrity, and you'd be just fine with that?

Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

So Christian Scientist employers could choose not to cover antibiotics for their employees because it is a tenet of their religion that the germ theory of disease is false, and they wouldn't want to pay for other people to commit the sin of error, and you'd be just fine with that? Or Jehovah's Witness employers could choose not to cover blood transfusions or transplants for their employees because those are violations of their religion's tenets about bodily integrity, and you'd be just fine with that?

Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

Yet another fabulous question Jericho will probably sidestep...

I doubt jericho will come back to this thread. He doesn't like being proven wrong and he didn't even seem to have the most basic understanding of what the morning after pill is and it will be mighty hard to explain his "government should stay out of controversial issues" statement.

He had bought into the smoke screen of "what about the babies!!!" and thought he had found a thread where he could come show us ebil libs how stupid we were, well, yet again, it didn't work. Bless his little heart.

I imagine Jericho as a pizza faced teenager who likes to poke at the hive but when the bees come out he runs for cover.

A Facebook friend's status update today was all about praising Hobby Lobby for their "civil disobedience." Ugh.

They are taking a stand against something that doesn't even violate their religious beliefs. It is just crazy. And people like jericho and so many others won't bother to look into what the morning after pill really so HL gets all these save the babies persecution points.

A Facebook friend's status update today was all about praising Hobby Lobby for their "civil disobedience." Ugh.

Yup. Just saw a Facebook post about a "shop at Hobby Lobby event" to show support. I guess people saw how it brought chikfila business and hope to catch a ride on that gravy train?

And some "Christians" act like they are doing a good, moral deed by shopping at a store. Sure, there are kids starving, animals abused, people homeless. But hey, you bought crafting shit and helped a rich asshole who obviously cares nothing for his employees get a little richer. Give yourself a big ol pat on the back! Way to live out the gospel message.

Not.

Edited for some punctuation.

And some "Christians" act like they are doing a good, moral deed by shopping at a store. Sure, there are kids starving, animals abused, people homeless. But hey, you bought crafting shit and helped a rich asshole who obviously cares nothing for his employees get a little richer. Give yourself a big ol pat on the back! Way to live out the gospel message.

It's the prosperity gospel, y'alll! If the money rolls in to The Hobby Lobby, it means Jebus approves, and they've had a part in it.

I go visit family and miss the fun here, but I have no Hobby Lobby to avoid, but if I did, I would also send receipts to them from other stores showing them where my money is going. Then again, I'm one of those sluts who uses birth control and originally started it for reasons that had nothing to do with preventing pregnancy.

I would just like to say that that bees GIF is the funniest thing I have ever seen, and I've been sitting here giggling at it for the last ten minutes.

That is all. Carry on.

Why is Jericho Hot Neon Pink? Don't get me wrong I think it really suits him. :lol:

He's been placed on the Naughty Step. That's the new name for those whose posts are moderated. I think the colour is perfect for him. The only thing better would have been rainbow!

I would just like to say that that bees GIF is the funniest thing I have ever seen, and I've been sitting here giggling at it for the last ten minutes.

That is all. Carry on.

:D I think it was on Conan.

Oh really? Well if the morning after pill isn't abortion then I guess there is no need to take it, right? I mean, why take medication that doesn't do anything? So the pill doesn't cause an abortion, and women are taking it for that reason, then I guess there it no need for them to take it.

:lol: Yeah, why take emergency contraception if it's not going to cause an abortion? What else could emergency contraception possibly do? Can someone help me out here? I really can't figure out what emergency contraception does.

:lol: Yeah, why take emergency contraception if it's not going to cause an abortion? What else could emergency contraception possibly do? Can someone help me out here? I really can't figure out what emergency contraception does.

I just got into this argument.

If taken as directed and as soon as possible it prevents ovulation or fertilization. In fact, it is a lot better at that than preventing implantation.

My cousin posted "A Letter from Hobby Lobby" on FB today, along with her message of support:

When my family and I started our company 40 years ago, we

were working out of a garage on a $600 bank loan, assembling miniature picture frames. Our first retail store wasn't much bigger than most people's living rooms, but we had faith that we would succeed if we lived and worked according to God's word. From there,Hobby Lobby has become one of the nation's largest arts and crafts retailers, with more than 500 locations in 41 states. Our children grew up into fine business leaders, and today we run Hobby Lobby together, as a family.

We're Christians, and we run our business on Christian principles. I've always said that the first two goals of our business are (1) to run our business in harmony with God's laws, and (2) to focus on people more than money. And that's what we've tried to do. We close early so our employees can see their families at night. We keep our stores closed on Sundays, one of the week's biggest shopping days, so that our workers and their families can enjoy a day of rest. We believe that it is by God's grace that Hobby Lobby has endured, and he has blessed us and our employees. We've not only added jobs in a weak economy, we've raised wages for the past four years in a row. Our full-time employees start at 80% above minimum wage.

But now, our government threatens to change all of that. A new government health care mandate says that our family business MUST provide what I believe are abortion-causing drugs as part of our health insurance. Being Christians, we don't pay for drugs that might cause abortions, which means that we don't cover emergency contraception, the morning-after pill or the week-after pill. We believe doing so might end a life after the moment of conception, something that is contrary to our most important beliefs. It goes against the Biblical principles on which we have run this company since day one. If we refuse to comply, we could face $1.3 million PER DAY in government fines.

Our government threatens to fine job creators in a bad economy. Our government threatens to fine a company that's raised wages four years running. Our government threatens to fine a family for running its business according to its beliefs. It's not right. I know people will say we ought to follow the rules; that it's the same for everybody. But that's not true. The government has exempted thousands of companies from this mandate, for reasons of convenience or cost. But it won't exempt them for reasons of religious belief.

So, Hobby Lobby � and my family � are forced to make a choice. With great reluctance, we filed a lawsuit today, represented by the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, asking a federal court to stop this mandate before it hurts our business. We don't like to go running into court, but we no longer have a choice. We believe people are more important than the bottom line and that honoring God is more important than turning a profit.

My family has lived the American dream. We want to continue growing our company and providing great jobs for thousands of employees, but the government is going to make that much more difficult. The government is forcing us to choose between following our faith and following the law. I say that's a choice no American � and no American business � should have to make.

The government cannot force you to follow laws that go against your fundamental religious belief. They have exempted thousands of companies but will not except Christian organizations including the Catholic church.

Since you will not see this covered in any of the liberal media, pass this on to all your contacts.

Sincerely,

David Green, CEO and Founder of Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Yes, Mr. Green, you are such a job creator. You start your full-time employees (which make up a minimal percentage of actual employees) at a whopping $29,000/year. Who couldn't support an unlimited number of children on that kind of salary?

The man is lying through his teeth when he claims that you cannot get an exemption to this law for religious reasons, but HOBBY LOBBY IS NOT A RELIGION. If you are a for-profit corporation, you are not a religious organization.

And quit fucking whining about the liberal media. Your asinine lawsuit has already been covered by the Associated Press. The bible may not have anything to say about abortion, but it does address lying. Maybe HL should rethink their christian principles :roll:

Archived