IGNORED

Hobby lobby gets a kick in the crotch for christmas

doggie

I was just pointing out how you just can't stay away from us and that they really don't have a leg to stand on when claiming that their religous beliefs are being violated. Do you agree with me or do you think that companies can deny medical care based on made up shit, which is what they are doing? You are trying to spin this as them being persecuted because they are pro-life, but this has nothing do do with abortion because what they are fighting to not cover isn't an abortion.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does jericho's visit count for Fundie Friday?

Looks like he dropped his little nugget of "wisdom" and ran. :lol:

I really think that they will eventually cave in and cover it. I could be wrong, but I do think that when it comes down to it the love of money will win.

I was just pointing out how you just can't stay away from us and that they really don't have a leg to stand on when claiming that their religous beliefs are being violated. Do you agree with me or do you think that companies can deny medical care based on made up shit, which is what they are doing? You are trying to spin this as them being persecuted because they are pro-life, but this has nothing do do with abortion because what they are fighting to not cover isn't an abortion.

I believe that the government should stay away from mandating controversial policies. This just shows the arrogance that Obama and his administration have.

So, the answer is, yes, you do think that companies should be able to deny covering medical procedures based on completely made up shit?

What if Walmart decided that antibiotics were the semen of satan and covering them violated their religious beliefs? You support that too?

And can you explain why you said that this was an issue of us trying to make pro-lifers look bad since this issue doesn't involve abortion at all (except pretend abortions)?

You are trying to spin this as them being persecuted because they are pro-life, but this has nothing do do with abortion because what they are fighting to not cover isn't an abortion.

Oh really? Well if the morning after pill isn't abortion then I guess there is no need to take it, right? I mean, why take medication that doesn't do anything? So the pill doesn't cause an abortion, and women are taking it for that reason, then I guess there it no need for them to take it.

It delays ovulation, if you are pregnant it won't stop the pregnancy. Go read something besides anti-choice propaganda.

I have jericho blocked, so this may be a non sequitur, but one would THINK logical pro-lifers would be vehemently in favor of contraception, and be feverishly working on ways to develop newer and more efficient kinds. But that's just me.

I believe that the government should stay away from mandating controversial policies. This just shows the arrogance that Obama and his administration have.

Abraham Lincoln shouldn't have pushed through the 13th amendment because it was controversial. That just showed the arrogance Lincoln and his administration had.

Sometimes Jericho, hindsight is 20/20 and decades from now people will likely wonder what the big fuss was about.

So, the answer is, yes, you do think that companies should be able to deny covering medical procedures based on completely made up shit?

What if Walmart decided that antibiotics were the semen of satan and covering them violated their religious beliefs? You support that too?

The only thing controversial about antibiotics is their overuse. There is no religious implication about antibiotics that I'm aware of. So your point is moot.

I have jericho blocked, so this may be a non sequitur, but one would THINK logical pro-lifers would be vehemently in favor of contraception, and be feverishly working on ways to develop newer and more efficient kinds. But that's just me.

You're much too logical! :) It's all about punishing that filthy woman for ever spreading her legs, dontcha know. They howl about people taking responsibility for their actions, but fail to see that contraception is precisely that type of responsibility. But most of them fail to see that because wimminz punishment.

The only thing controversial about antibiotics is their overuse. There is no religious implication about antibiotics that I'm aware of. So your point is moot.

Actually my point isn't. HL is claiming the morning after pill is something that it isn't and does something that it doesn't do. So how is that different than Walmart suddenly deciding that antibiotics are something they aren't and do something that they don't do? Science shows that the morning after pill does not cause an abortion and won't do anything if you are already pregnant, if HL can ignore science, why can't other companies?

I mean if HL gets away with saying it violates their religious beliefs because it causes abortion(when it doesn't) then Walmart should be able to get away with not covering antibiotics because they are the semen of satan(they aren't) and that violates their religious beliefs.

Hate to tell you this but there is nothing about birth control or abortions in the bible. So say it is religious is just adding what you don't like to your religion. So it would be just as easy to add antibiotics to the doctrine. And it has been done.

The video I posted shows how this really has absolutely nothing to do with abortion and everything to do with if companies can just make up stuff and use it to deny covering medical procedures and medications. If we are going to ignore all science/reality, then pretty much anything can be denied based on it violating companies' religious beliefs. Anything. That is what the real argument should be about and not abortion. Abortion is just a red herring to get people to start shrieking "save the babies" without looking at any real facts.

Yeah, the civil rights act shouldn't have been pushed through. Too controversial. Who needs civil rights, it's better to pander to the majority. Even when the majority is wrong.

Please. I bet there are lots of companies owned by Jehovah's Witnesses. Do you ever hear about them trying to block coverage for blood transfusions? No? Why is that? Do they actually, gasp, keep their personal religious beliefs out of their employees' healthcare?

I don't have a Hobby Lobby in my area, but if I did, I would email them copies of all my receipts from other craft stores and let them know my money was going elsewhere.

I used to go there a lot. I knew of course that they were Christian, being closed on Sundays and all, but I didn't realize they were the fundie type until all this ridiculousness came out over the summer. I haven't shopped there since. Michael's is cheaper anyway.

Such as equal rights for black people? Guess you'd still have them riding the back of the bus.

Treemom, he'll call you that right after he tells us how the nation was closer to God when it was socially acceptable to work three and four year olds to death in factories.

:chores-mop: :chores-vacuum:

All nice and clean now--until he comes back and befouls the rug again.

Archived