IGNORED

Bontrager's Christmas Production

lilith

The Bontrager family was involved in putting on a "live animal Christmas play".

As always with this family, it all looked very pretty and quaint. But the pictures confuse me a little - some scenes are obviously meant to be biblical, whilst in others the costumes are American Victorian.

Can anyone with knowledge of these sort of shows explain this? Or is it just them combining their two favourite things (Jesus and an idealised 19th century middle class)?

www.bontragersingers.blogspot.com.au/20 ... s.html?m=1

First impression is that the non-biblical scenes are meant to stage the story-telling. The woman in the modest white shirt is probably telling the younger girl, "the meaning of Christmas". As to why Victorian America? Because that's when the women were women, the men were men and the world was at peace. And they were all 'true Christians'.

When I was fundie-light we did a musical of the gift of the Magi but it was interspersed with the biblical account of the Christmas story. The Magi half was "Victorian". I don't know that they're doing the same one, but that's what we did.

SOTDRT blog FAIL!!!!!!11111111

It showed five times Dec 7-9th to packed out crowds.

Huh? The word "out" has no place in that sentence. "Packed crowds" is okay, but it's basically a redundancy. Something like "full houses" or "packed houses" would have worked better. Hey, isn't a church the house of the lord? No reason they couldn't have used that phrasing.

/end grammar police rant :mrgreen:

Archived